Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Immigration, Legal and Illegal, Thread (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

opposite

Unread postby Aaron » Tue 08 Jun 2004, 07:50:54

I think that the more hydrocarbon dependant your country is, the more hydrocarbon depletion hurts.

In the event of oil based economic crash, I suspect Mexico & Canada would see Americans immigrating into their countries.
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Elite
Elite

Unread postby JLK » Tue 08 Jun 2004, 09:21:58

I think it is likely when things start to get desperate there will be a rise in ethnic tensions, and probably violence. I don't forsee a great rise in illegal immigration, either coming or going. In fact, as the economy crashes and the locals turn against them, expect many of the illegals to return to Mexico. Our strong economy is the reason they came here, after all.

Most of the migration that occurs will be from urban areas to rural areas. I think the outlook is particularly bleak for the urban underclass; they will essentially have no options.
www.searchingforthetruth.com

The truth that is suppressed by friends is the readiest weapon of the enemy.
- Robert Louis Stevenson
JLK
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Pops » Tue 08 Jun 2004, 09:37:34

I believe the reason we allow so much immigration today is that we want the cheap labor. If the point comes when unemployment rises dramatically and tax revenue (what is left) falls off and government aid shrinks; be cheap labor abundant.

Then we will close the borders.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Immigration: Here comes amnesty...

Unread postby Cynus » Thu 17 May 2007, 16:36:38

Well it looks like amnesty is on the way.
One of these now am I too, a fugitive from the gods and a wanderer, at the mercy of raging Strife.
--Empedocles

http://apoxonbothyourhouses.blogspot.com
Cynus
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Here comes amnesty...

Unread postby holmes » Thu 17 May 2007, 16:52:12

and brutality, carnage, violence, and die off to follow. They dont even know whats in store for them! hahahahahahaha. Their Atzlan is going to easter island soon enough. Funny shit. Its going to be hoards all propped up with hand outs just waiting to go bye bye. Buwhahaha. I love how they speak how they are fertile and love family and that they only are family loving oriented. That is hilarious. They are blowing out babies on a depleted fertile crescent now that there is awesome parenting and family values!
:-)
The future are the children! :-O :-/
"To crush the Cornucopians, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
holmes
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Windmills » Thu 17 May 2007, 18:10:08

I think that applies to every country that has no population control measures. Each is just as foolish as the next. It's just the veneer that's different.
Windmills
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Jack » Thu 17 May 2007, 18:15:32

holmes wrote:and brutality, carnage, violence, and die off to follow. They dont even know whats in store for them!

That pretty much sums it up.

And people wonder why I'm a doomer.
Jack
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Polemic » Thu 17 May 2007, 18:43:14

Bush Hails Deal on Immigration Reform

WASHINGTON (AP) - Key senators in both parties and the White House announced agreement Thursday on an immigration overhaul that would grant quick legal status to millions of illegal immigrants already in the U.S. and fortify the border.

The plan would create a temporary worker program to bring new arrivals to the U.S and a separate program to cover agricultural workers.

You bastards!
Polemic
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Micki » Thu 17 May 2007, 20:38:49

WASHINGTON (AP) - Key senators in both parties and the White House announced agreement Thursday on an immigration overhaul that would grant quick legal status to millions of illegal immigrants already in the U.S. and fortify the border.

The plan would create a temporary worker program to bring new arrivals to the U.S and a separate program to cover agricultural workers.

This sound just like one of those sneaky little steps they are using to set up the North American union.
One of the objectives of course being to break the back of the US middle class, send them to serfdom and provide industies with cheap labor.
Micki

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 18 May 2007, 02:35:34

Romney has come out strongly against the bill and against amnesty for illegals. I think McCain, Obama, Clinton, Dodd, Biden etc. are all for it.
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby bshirt » Fri 18 May 2007, 04:51:13

Micki wrote:This sound just like one of those sneaky little steps they are using to set up the North American union.
One of the objectives of course being to break the back of the US middle class, send them to serfdom and provide industies with cheap labor.

Bingo.
bshirt
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Fishman » Fri 18 May 2007, 08:23:55

Perhaps this is a bipartisan realization of peak oil and Cantarell peaking. The left is happy to get the immigrants here as voters, the right gets to lock down the border for the future. Not sure how to look at this one.
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby meekoil » Fri 18 May 2007, 08:48:08

Fishman wrote:Perhaps this is a bipartisan realization of peak oil and Cantarell peaking. The left is happy to get the immigrants here as voters, the right gets to lock down the border for the future. Not sure how to look at this one.

Good point, 12 million now is nothing compared to the numbrers who will try in the fututre.
meekoil
Peat
Peat

Unread postby TheDude » Fri 18 May 2007, 09:37:35

They want to create 12 million taxpayers out of whole cloth. That'll go a little ways to paying our astronomical debts. How far I couldn't tell you - comporable to drilling in ANWR to fill all those SUVs?
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 18 May 2007, 11:03:46

The bill would create 12 million more citizens and voters, but not necessarily 12 million more taxpayers. Many of the illegal aliens would stay in the underground economy to avoid taxes, virtually all of them are poorly educated and some of them are net consumers of social services.
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby highlander » Fri 18 May 2007, 11:08:53

The amnesy bill covery parents, spouses and children. the alleged 12 million (probably more like 17-20 million) will swell to 30 million.
but heck, this is a democracy, right. Just write your lawmakers and they will stop this.
This is where everybody puts profound words written by another...or not so profound words written by themselves
Highlander 2007
highlander
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby TommyJefferson » Fri 18 May 2007, 14:52:40

TheDude wrote:They want to create 12 million taxpayers out of whole cloth. That'll go a little ways to paying our astronomical debts. How far I couldn't tell you - comporable to drilling in ANWR to fill all those SUVs?

No. Low-wage earners are consumers of public funds, not contributors. Making millions more low-wage people eligible for medicaid, HUD, and public education will cause our national debt to skyrocket even higher than the current astounding 9 TRILLION dollars.

Just what America needs, more cock fights, 7-kid Catholic families, and Chevy pick-up trucks. Brilliant!
Conform . Consume . Obey .
TommyJefferson
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby bshirt » Fri 18 May 2007, 15:03:54

Plantagenet wrote:The bill would create 12 million more citizens and voters, but not necessarily 12 million more taxpayers. Many of the illegal aliens would stay in the underground economy to avoid taxes, virtually all of them are poorly educated and some of them are net consumers of social services.

Exactly.

The overwhelming vast majority will be a huge financial drain on the nation as mentioned above (Medicaid, Medical, Infant protection programs, Welfare, etc, etc). Even worse, as they're almost all catholics, they'll crank out the little bambino's by the boatload.

The "one" and only winner in this scenario? Corporations.

I hate democrats and republicans equally.
bshirt
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cynus » Fri 18 May 2007, 15:15:24

One thing I can't understand is why the Republicans are for this. They must know that it is going to create tens of millions of new Democrats. Are they so much the slaves of corporations that they will slit their own throats at command?
One of these now am I too, a fugitive from the gods and a wanderer, at the mercy of raging Strife.
--Empedocles

http://apoxonbothyourhouses.blogspot.com
Cynus
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby holmes » Fri 18 May 2007, 18:09:45

meekoil wrote:
Fishman wrote:Perhaps this is a bipartisan realization of peak oil and Cantarell peaking. The left is happy to get the immigrants here as voters, the right gets to lock down the border for the future. Not sure how to look at this one.

Good point, 12 million now is nothing compared to the numbrers who will try in the fututre.

Jack attack!

Umm dude or dudette, It is more along the lines of 40 million plus illegals here. 12 is a bs number used by the media. Logic, common sense and observation push it at 40 million plus. Take a fucking hammer to your tv set and much of the internet.
"To crush the Cornucopians, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
holmes
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Next

Return to North America Discussion