Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Tech help: How to record live feed?

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Tech help: How to record live feed?

Unread postby mekrob » Tue 25 Dec 2007, 11:58:31

So I have access to live (yet delayed) TV on my computer and I'd like to be able to save some of them. Is there a way to record the programs? The video player is Windows Media Player if that matters. Thanks
I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. They block the way to God. I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God. - Rabia
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Re: Tech help: How to record live feed?

Unread postby da23 » Wed 26 Dec 2007, 13:02:11

There is a Firefox extension called Download Helper that will save most active content you can find it here.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

If that doesn't work there's a prog called SnagIt which will save most things but you'll have to google for that, sorry :wink:
da23
Peat
Peat

Unread postby frankthetank » Wed 26 Dec 2007, 15:14:51

So you are watching it off a internet connection? Not a TV card built into your computer? I have one of those HDTV cards in mine that i use just like a Tivo if i want...

If your trying to tape off the internet you might want to look at
http://www.wmrecorder.com/
Torrent is your friend :)

I've looked around a lot for this type of software. Its not easy finding what you need.
lawns should be outlawed.
frankthetank
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mekrob » Wed 26 Dec 2007, 17:59:10

I tried several things. But none of them worked that well. Either video or audio, not both. Oh well. Not of a major concern to me. Thanks though.
I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. They block the way to God. I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God. - Rabia
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Return to Technical Support