Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US Republican Congressman and Aides Shot

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

US Republican Congressman and Aides Shot

Unread postby vox_mundi » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 09:00:35

Top Republican Steve Scalise wounded in multiple shooting

A US Republican politician and aides have been shot during baseball practice in Virginia, US reports say.

Police in the upmarket Washington DC suburb of Alexandria said they were investigating a "multiple shooting" and a suspect was in custody.

US media said House of Representatives Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides had been hit by gunfire.

Police tweeted they were "investigating multiple shooting 400 block E Monroe St. Suspect believed in custody."

An apparent eyewitness said on Twitter that gunfire rang out at the YMCA baseball fields, by the Eugene Simpson Stadium Park.

Senator Rand Paul, who was on the field, said Mr Scalise's position in the party leadership meant police were on hand - which probably saved several lives.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: US Republican Congressman and Aides Shot

Unread postby dissident » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 10:46:29

The result of radicalization of nutjobs by the fake stream media and their witch hunt against the Trump administration. These clowns are still at it with the Russian hacking BS (not of the DNC email servers, but voting machines):

https://youtu.be/Z9DStF0Okf8

Anonymous sources in the know, of course. Machines that are fundamentally unhackable without being physically in contact with the machine were supposedly hacked without actual interference in the vote count. Fake news if there ever was any.

Nutjobs like this shooter are inundated with this propaganda spew and think that the duly elected government is the result of some foreign organized coup. This particular one probably thought he was doing his patriotic duty.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:17:43

dissident wrote:The result of radicalization of nutjobs by the fake stream media and their witch hunt against the Trump administration. These clowns are still at it with the Russian hacking BS (not of the DNC email servers, but voting machines):

https://youtu.be/Z9DStF0Okf8

Anonymous sources in the know, of course. Machines that are fundamentally unhackable without being physically in contact with the machine were supposedly hacked without actual interference in the vote count. Fake news if there ever was any.

Nutjobs like this shooter are inundated with this propaganda spew and think that the duly elected government is the result of some foreign organized coup. This particular one probably thought he was doing his patriotic duty.

Boy, did I miss this place. :)

You mean just like the Right insisted that the last "duly elected government" was run by a secret Kenyan Muslim who wasn't born in this country or how they conflated fake voter registration with in-person voter fraud (which is almost non-existent)?
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:33:46

d - Based on the very preliminary reports this guy specifically targeted R's and not D's. As I just commented in the PO News section:

A different world if many of the nut jobs running around are liberals pushed over the edge by a President Trump: we'll have more cases like the one this morning taking shots at R congressmen. But being on the left they are poor marksmen: 50 to 100 rounds and all he does is tag 4 with nonlethal wounds? Had it been a conservative Texas deer hunter with a single shot Ruger that went off the deep end there would have been 40 to 50 body bags laid out along the first base line. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:13:54

ROCKMAN wrote:d - Based on the very preliminary reports this guy specifically targeted R's and not D's. As I just commented in the PO News section:

A different world if many of the nut jobs running around are liberals pushed over the edge by a President Trump: we'll have more cases like the one this morning taking shots at R congressmen. But being on the left they are poor marksmen: 50 to 100 rounds and all he does is tag 4 with nonlethal wounds? Had it been a conservative Texas deer hunter with a single shot Ruger that went off the deep end there would have been 40 to 50 body bags laid out along the first base line. LOL.

I was thinking the same thing. If it was a member of the looney left, then he was probably too stoned to think straight.

Still, what do you expect when New Yorkers stand and applaud as a political assassination is acted out each night on stage in Central Park

trump-like-julius-caesar-assassinated-in-new-york-play-delta-bank-of-america-pull-funding
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:44:08

The guy was identified as a fervent Sanders supporter and his Facebook is filled with Anti-Republican websites and likes. He also has a friend in Alexandria VA. The shooter lived in Bellville, IL. I guess he took the call to resist Trump and Republicans seriously.

Thus it begins.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:53:31

Cog wrote:The guy was identified as a fervent Sanders supporter and his Facebook is filled with Anti-Republican websites and likes. He also has a friend in Alexandria VA. The shooter lived in Bellville, IL. I guess he took the call to resist Trump and Republicans seriously.

Thus it begins.

So the guy was a cowardly and murderous D extremist. I'm not surprised. Thank god the Capital Police were there to take him down.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:34:24

Rock,

At one time I was a fairly Looney Lefty. Not all of us that poor with a gun. Guns are non-denominational.

Probably an AR peeee shooter.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:36:17

It strikes me the country is in a mood for blood, and both sides will hype this event to their own agenda, to get the blood lust flowing even more.

See above and below for proof.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:21:09

The guys family said he has been in Alexandria for the last two months(unverified). Not exactly an inexpensive place to take up residence. I'm going to guess he had some help with this. I suppose its public knowledge that the House and Senate play an annual softball game for charity but I sure didn't know about it.

But in response to what Rockman said, shooting at moving targets with a rifle isn't exactly easy. After his initial barrage everyone ran to the dugout or off the field. From reports so far, he went to his pistol at the end so he either ran out of ammo or he had a jam he couldn't clear.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 15:46:16

I guess we don't need any gun control. Just saying.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 16:28:48

Newfie wrote:It strikes me the country is in a mood for blood,

I am far away but it seems to be this way. We are back up in the USA in July. Is it safe?
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 16:44:22

This is basically an act of political terrorism.

Hopefully the FBI will be able to determine if the extremist D shooter was a lone wolf who acted alone and was radicalized only by viewing on-line pro Democrat web sites and watching late night TV comedy shows, or if he is part of an active network of radical, extremist Democrats who may be planning more terror attacks.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 17:40:38

Ibon wrote:
Newfie wrote:It strikes me the country is in a mood for blood,

I am far away but it seems to be this way. We are back up in the USA in July. Is it safe?

Wouldn't know, on the Rock! (Newfoundland)
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:03:28

jedrider wrote:I guess we don't need any gun control. Just saying.

Yes because the right response to a Democrat killing Republicans is to disarm Republicans.

Jeez.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:06:22

Here is a little lady who just committed business suicide and I'm glad I was part of assisting her.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:15:59

Sounds pretty silly doesn't it.

Let's hope none of us here fall into this pitiful catagory of hate monger.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:21:22

deleted.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:33:46

I believe you have the wrong person Newfie and might want to edit that. Give me a minute.

This is the person and her bio pic on the site matches her twitter pic. Donna Potter

https://www.donnapotterconsulting.net/
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Satori » Wed 14 Jun 2017, 18:59:32

Be Careful When Placing Blame for Today’s Shooting on Anyone but the Perpetrator

http://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017 ... rpetrator/

"As with any violent crime, the blame for the shooting of Congressman Steve Scalise and others rests squarely on the shoulders of the man who pulled the trigger. He made the decision to pick up a gun and shoot people because he didn’t like their politics. Those who are seeking to place blame wholly on one side of the political debate should be prepared to get beaten with that stick themselves because one of the crazies on the right might be the next one to get triggered."

ah
the refreshing voice of reason
Satori
Lignite
Lignite

Next

Return to North America Discussion