Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

U.S. Plan: Fossil fuels will have to stay in the ground

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: U.S. Plan: Fossil fuels will have to stay in the ground

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 18:27:44

Looker - No cure so theoretically MS is fatal. Unless I get lucky and something else takes me first. LOL. It's a very slow progression in my case so far. OTOH life is fatal...none of us get out alive, right? Personally I got no complaints. In New Orleans we have a term: lagniappe. Something extra not expected...like getting 13 donuts when you pay for 12. My life has been all lagniappe since I cheated my fate when I was 18 yo. LOL.

As long as I can keep posting here and pissing some individuals off I'm content.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 21:45:14

ROCKMAN wrote:Looker - No cure so theoretically MS is fatal. Unless I get lucky and something else takes me first. LOL. It's a very slow progression in my case so far. OTOH life is fatal...none of us get out alive, right? Personally I got no complaints. In New Orleans we have a term: lagniappe. Something extra not expected...like getting 13 donuts when you pay for 12. My life has been all lagniappe since I cheated my fate when I was 18 yo. LOL.

As long as I can keep posting here and pissing some individuals off I'm content.

ROCKMAN Dr. Terry Wahls was suffering progressive MS and looking to end of life but she decided to research her condition and eveloped some significantly helpful treatments for herself and her patients.

If you are struggling with MS or other,
similar chronic autoimmune diseases,
this course is for you.

Wahls Protocol Website
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 01:17:47

ROCKMAN Dr. Terry Wahls was suffering progressive MS and looking to end of life but she decided to research her condition and eveloped some significantly helpful treatments for herself and her patients.

There is also a close to home story about Dr Ashton Embry. I knew Ash back when we were both youngish geoscientists. He is an amazing researcher with a successful career at the Geologic Survey of Canada, who once he gets something in his teeth won't let it go. His son was diagnosed with MS and Ash spent a decade researching the subject because he believed the medical doctors were only interested in looking at solutions via drug treatments. He came up with a diet plan that his son stuck to and has been in remission ever since (must be almost 20 years now?). His son even made a movie about it.

Ash and his wife set up a website to disseminate all of the findings they have freely to the public. Worth a look and judge for yourself.
http://www.direct-ms.org/
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 20:36:57

T/Doc - Yep, never have developed a successful medication strategy to deal with MS. Perhaps until last year. FDA approved the first medication (ocrevus) that tests show to halt progressive MS. Essentially a twice a year infusion. I'll start in a couple of months.

As I mentioned before suddenly last summer MS became a less critical factor. Mentioned before the trigeminal neuralgia I developed. Lucky me: medication totally eliminates the pain. Just 6 pills a day and only side effect is some weakness. For those that medication doesn't work suicide is not uncommon. My neurologist said it's the most severe pain known in medicine. Can't vouch for that but hurt worse then I ever thought I could feel and not pass out. LOL.

But will hit 67 next April so can't complain. had a pretty good run especially when you consider the last 47 years or so have been lagniappe for me. In New Orleans lagniappe is something nice and unexpected. Like find 15 donuts in your bag after paying for 12. I cheated my fate when I was 18 and then not survived but prospered after making a dumb education choice.

And now that I've retired I can spend more time on peakoil.com when not doing consulting work and can continue irritating certain people here. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 20:44:57

Using lagniappe in the same sentence with "doughnut" ? Mais La! Beignet....si vous plait! :-D
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion