Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The world outside America has been in peak oil since 200

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

The world outside America has been in peak oil since 200

Unread postby Pops » Wed 14 Jul 2021, 17:28:12

You would have to say except Canada Iraq and America.
Here is the picture to 12/2018

H/T to crudeoilpeak.info

That chart is sorted by most increase so every country above the black line (the one starting on the right at 22.5nb/d) has increased since 2005, and every one below it has declined.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: The world outside America has been in peak oil since 200

Unread postby mustang19 » Wed 14 Jul 2021, 19:42:29

Pops wrote:You would have to say except Canada Iraq and America.
Here is the picture to 12/2018

H/T to crudeoilpeak.info

That chart is sorted by most increase so every country above the black line (the one starting on the right at 22.5nb/d) has increased since 2005, and every one below it has declined.

Yes. Brazil and heavy oil saved the day and made the loss small. Both are near peak per official projections.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKCN1M62QX

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/04/ ... ent-a73558
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Jul 2021, 20:53:30

mustang19 wrote:Yes. Brazil and heavy oil saved the day and made the loss small. Both are near peak per official projections.

So those are the countries you want to use to cherry pick back to why your claim of peak oil way back when was wrong?

And for the likes of a half baked troll, who makes an "official projection" for peak oil for Brazil and "heavy oil"?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 00:56:18

mustang19 wrote: good luck getting EVs to work, that is a separate discussion.

I'm not totally sold on EVs either, but the fact remains that countries all over the world are committing to cut their carbon emissions, and car companies all over the world are committing to ending production of ICE cars and shifting to EVs.

Just today Europe rolled a plan to shift away from oil and other fossil fuels

Ambitious new EU plan to shift away from fossil fuels

AND if this happens, the demand for oil will drop a great deal.

AND if you can't can't see the connection between a large drop in demand for oil due to a global shift to EVs and the timing of peak oil, then you don't have a very good grasp of what oil is actually used for.

Allow me to give you a hint.....EVs don't run on gasoline.

HINT: EVs don't use fossil fuels for power

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 20:24:13

Plantagenet wrote:
mustang19 wrote: good luck getting EVs to work, that is a separate discussion.

I'm not totally sold on EVs either, but the fact remains that countries all over the world are committing to cut their carbon emissions, and car companies all over the world are committing to ending production of ICE cars and shifting to EVs.

Just today Europe rolled a plan to shift away from oil and other fossil fuels

Ambitious new EU plan to shift away from fossil fuels

AND if this happens, the demand for oil will drop a great deal.

AND if you can't can't see the connection between a large drop in demand for oil due to a global shift to EVs and the timing of peak oil, then you don't have a very good grasp of what oil is actually used for.

Allow me to give you a hint.....EVs don't run on gasoline.

HINT: EVs don't use fossil fuels for power

Cheers!

Yet, the entire gasoline component of crude oil is 44%.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jo ... ical-chart

So if Europe actually DOES stop NEW light vehicles from being pure ICE's, that's what, 10% of global crude oil demand AT MOST, given that PHEV's and HEV's will no doubt be a large component of car sales by then.

So just because a headline of what SUPPOSEDLY might happen in 14 years in the EU is out there as of yesterday, let's not pretend its exactly the end of crude oil usage.

And no, I don't think 99% of what mustang19 claims is credible, but neither are politician claims re the fairly distant future, compared to near term elections.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 16 Jul 2021, 00:16:02

Outcast_Searcher wrote:if Europe actually DOES stop NEW light vehicles from being pure ICE's, that's what, 10% of global crude oil demand AT MOST

It would really help move these discussions along if people would keep up with current events.

For instance.....its not just the EU that is pledging to stop using Fossil Fuels. It is also the United States, China, Japan, Australia etc. etc.

While no one is more skeptical then I am that all these countries will keep their pledges, its nonetheless relevant that a consensus now exists among almost all world governments that we have to stop using fossil fuels and shift to renewable energy sources that don't release CO2.

The unprecedented rainfall and flooding in western Europe we saw today is yet another example of a climate disaster that will push countries to stop using fossil fuels.

AND obviously if a significant portion of fossil fuel use around the world is replaced with non-fossil fuel energy sources, it will have an impact on the timing and nature of peak oil.

if a significant portion of fossil fuel use around the world is replaced with non-fossil fuel energy sources, it will have an impact on the timing and nature of peak oil

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Return to Peak Oil Discussion