Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The U.S., energy producing superpower

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:11:38

creedoninmo wrote:The U.S. is not an energy producing super power.


Okay. Using the facts provided, how about we rewrite it a little?

"The US overtook Russia in 2012 as the world's leading producing of petroleum and natural gas hydrocarbons and in just 4 years has increased its production to a point 22% greater than Russia.

The facts ma'am. just the facts.

Better?

creedoninmo wrote:We import half of our energy. What we are is a debt producing super power. The title of the thread should be changed. We are a debt producing super power.


The facts, so that even sock puppets can't claim I didn't say EXACTLY what the US energy statistical and analytic experts did. Now run along and try and pitch alt-reports to those who can't think their way around them in seconds....children perhaps? 2nd graders?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:17:57

creedoninmo wrote:CNBC is saying that the current drop in oil prices is due to the fact that the Saudis haven't cut supply enough. In another month they will be back out with another story about how the price is going to go back up because OPEC is cutting supply. They've been playing the same game for seemingly years now.


They have a huge problem, and it starts with Rockman and his ilk.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/mark ... s-over-oil

Go US exceptionalism! Bring on another US peak!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:21:15

creedoninmo wrote: You are right, we can out bid the rest of the world for crude.


And outproduce them as well! Thanks for coming back to the OP's entire point!!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 13:23:24

rockdoc123 wrote:This raises suspicions that either you never actually look at real data or you have a very difficult time understanding what it is telling you. :roll:


You are talking to Shorty, he can suffer from both!! Whatever it takes to generate report sales rockdoc, whatever it takes!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby creedoninmo » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 19:45:05

Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.
Oil consumption by country: U.S. 19,396,000 barrels/day, Russia 3,113,000 barrels/day, Saudi Arabia 3,889,000 barrels/day,
creedoninmo
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun 15 Jan 2017, 09:52:20

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 22:10:34

creedoninmo wrote:Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.
Oil consumption by country: U.S. 19,396,000 barrels/day, Russia 3,113,000 barrels/day, Saudi Arabia 3,889,000 barrels/day,


I would refer you to the OP, information laid out so even sock puppets would understand, from the US energy EXPERTS, as opposed to random wiki knowledge which, if memory serves, once claimed that global peak oil had actually happened.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Jun 2017, 22:12:38

pstarr wrote:
creedoninmo wrote:Adam B: Oil production by country; Wikipedia; 2016 data: U.S. 8.875 mb/d, Russia 10.551 mb/d, Saudi Arabia; 10.460 mb/d.
Oil consumption by country: U.S. 19,396,000 barrels/day, Russia 3,113,000 barrels/day, Saudi Arabia 3,889,000 barrels/day,

Creed, It's not necessary to cloud the discussion with facts. You should know better


Score #2 who can't even read the particulars listed in the OP. From energy experts, as opposed to those who specialize in wiki knowledge, right pstarr? :-D
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby EdwinSm » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 01:02:50

The person who posted the OP interpreted the EIA's statement "the world's top producer of petroleum and natural gas hydrocarbons" as equaling "energy producing superpower".

I am not sure why he felt he needed to correct the careful statements that came from "from energy experts", but it does open up the discussion of what "superpower" actually means.

If "superpower" is the ability to project that power around that world, then the fact that most of that fantastic amount of hydrocarbons are used internally to the country with the need to import some extra to met the apparently insatiable demand means that it is not a "superpower" under that definition.

Maybe it would have helped discussion if the OP had not felt that the wording of the EIA statement was not sensational enough. Also could he define "superpower" and how it relates to exports and domestic consumption.
EdwinSm
Coal
Coal
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu 07 Jun 2012, 03:23:59

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 06:25:39

In 2016 the US had 155 bankruptcies in the oil and gas industry. With $40 oil back, in 2017 the Super Energy Power can now produce more Super Debt that can never be repaid. The oil industry is not heading for super energy production, it is heading for super bankruptcy procedures.

Would someone in admin please take out that stupid object subtitle that we did not put in. You guys are really turning into a pack of assholes. Correction, ignorant assholes.
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
User avatar
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Thu 02 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: VA USA

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby Cog » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 06:30:06

Perhaps you could start your own thread and name it as you wish. I like the thread title just the way it is.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12305
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 06:48:05

Perhaps you could start your own thread and name it as you wish. I like the thread title just the way it is.


With your usual incoherent rambling; what are you talking about?
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
User avatar
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Thu 02 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: VA USA

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby Cog » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 07:10:06

shortonoil wrote:
Perhaps you could start your own thread and name it as you wish. I like the thread title just the way it is.


With your usual incoherent rambling; what are you talking about?


Have you already forgotten that you wanted an admin the change the title? Better get yourself checked out bro. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12305
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby Yoshua » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 07:49:45

The U.S. is a military superpower... starting to get very nervous about its status as an energy superpower.

The US senate just voted in favor of new sanctions against Russia. European companies that take part in North Stream 2 project that would pipe nat gas from Russia to Germany will now face US penalties.

European energy security is now controlled by Washington. Germany has objected and threaten the US with retaliations.

Kremlin called in the Security Council for an emergency meeting.

Things are starting to get really interesting.

Merkel will now just have to give Trump a nice blowjob. That is all there is to it. Or ?
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sat 28 May 2016, 05:45:42

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 11:51:32

@cog

Do you know what an object is? I'm not talking about the title of the thread. An object is appearing in all my posts and I am not putting it there. What a bunch of hair brained idiots.
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
User avatar
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Thu 02 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: VA USA

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:12:34

The US senate just voted in favor of new sanctions against Russia.


That is a law that still has to pass the House and be signed by the President. Probably not going to happen. Some crazies in DC really want a war. They just keep regurgitating the same senseless crap over and over. If this idiocy is not reined in the US will destroy itself.
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
User avatar
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Thu 02 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: VA USA

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:24:55

Ed - "...superpower" is the ability to project that power around that world". FYI: The US Dept of Defense uses more fossil fuel then any other organization on the planet. It also has access to the majority of the oil in our SPR.

So your argument would be that the US projects little of its power around the world thru our military thanks to our access to fossil fuel? The US, with the #1 defense budget, that spends almost 3X as much as #2 China and almost 10X as much as #3 Russia? Is that what you really want to base your argument on that we ARE NOT an energy superpower using that access to hydrocarbons giving us "the ability to project that power around that world"?

Really??? LOL.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... penditures
User avatar
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 11219
Joined: Tue 27 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: TEXAS

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby Yoshua » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 13:55:03

Sure, the bill still has to go through the House and be signed by the POTUS.

I should perhaps had said... starting to get very nervous about its ability to be an energy producing superpower... but what's the point... now you will lecture me in energy production.

Anyway... the situation is starting to get more tense between the US and EU. The dialogue between the US and EU has started to deteriorate, some say that it has already collapsed.

Brexit was bad for US EU relations, some in the US Intelligence Community calls it KGBrexit. There is no trust towards Russia and little trust between the US and EU today.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sat 28 May 2016, 05:45:42

Re: The U.S., energy producing superpower

Unread postby shortonoil » Sat 17 Jun 2017, 14:15:41

There is no trust towards Russia and little trust between the US and EU today.


You are 100% correct. Perhaps it is what happens when the world gets down to fighting over the scraps, but we are still deluding ourselves that everything is just fine. Ignoring reality doesn't mean that reality is going to ignore you.
http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
User avatar
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Thu 02 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: VA USA

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: onlooker and 17 guests