Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE North Korea Thread pt 2 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE North Korea Thread pt 2 (merged)

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 02:52:42

@ Tanada

Nor China or Russia will accept a 10th US Army @ their border as thy did not 1953

So the US will deliver US corn to the hungry North Korean nation and South Korea will get the bill.

Thats it.

M_B_S

History lesson learned?
Korean War- Documentary Film 1950-1953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMGZX9eJ1U
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 05:51:34

We aren't going to feed these maniacs. This president will not try to appease them. Kim is going to blunder into a war though and the world is going to pay a price for it.

Meanwhile.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/04/worl ... -test.html

HONG KONG — One day after its latest nuclear test, North Korea appears to be making preparations to launch a ballistic missile, a South Korean official said Monday.

South Korea’s military has observed the preparations for a North Korean intercontinental ballistic missile test, Chang Kyung-soo, a South Korean Defense Ministry official, told lawmakers, The Associated Press reported.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 08:59:55

In a sane world, if such a thing could be imagined, the USA and China would be having quite backroad discussions on how to handle this idiot.

What we see and hear in the news would be how they want to posture to the world prior to taking action.

Who knows, maybe China is tired of the little twerp and is trying to get the USA to take him out so they don't have to.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 09:03:10

This is a long dragged out "suicide by cop" play by North Korea. Most likely encouraged by China.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:31:07

Of course, NYC has always been the #1 target in the USA. With The Donald in residence in Trump Tower, doubly so.

The NK hydrogen bomb that we saw on the news is smaller than a Samsung refrigerator. All the NK's have to do is smuggle it into SK, place it in an appliance being exported to NYC - or Chicago - or Atlanta - or LA - or Washington, DC. Most likely target list: NYC plus as many additional cities as he has bombs for. All set to detonate at more or less the same time.

Then the little fat man has won the first nuclear war. It really won't matter if we destroy his country afterwards, once he has killed over 100 Million Americans.

Do I actually think that the Little Fat Man will kill 100 Million? No, I don't. My guess is he will do his level best to do so, and end up with a death toll of 20-80 million. This will happen while we are busy watching him play with his missiles.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 14:13:48

Cog wrote:We aren't going to feed these maniacs. This president will not try to appease them. Kim is going to blunder into a war though and the world is going to pay a price for it.

Meanwhile.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/04/worl ... -test.html

HONG KONG — One day after its latest nuclear test, North Korea appears to be making preparations to launch a ballistic missile, a South Korean official said Monday.

South Korea’s military has observed the preparations for a North Korean intercontinental ballistic missile test, Chang Kyung-soo, a South Korean Defense Ministry official, told lawmakers, The Associated Press reported.

Bullshit COG !

This is the key for peace:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... 614211001/

Agriculture could be key to easing U.S.-North Korea tensions
Kenneth M. Quinn, Iowa View contributor Published 9:19 a.m. CT Sept. 1, 2017
Given the Xi family connections to Iowa, and President Trump's appointment of Branstad as our Ambassador in Beijing, it seems that the situation may be right for Iowa's agricultural heritage to again be center stage in the effort to defuse a dangerous nuclear confrontation.

The World Food Prize Foundation is a small organization of only 10 persons located in Des Moines, but with Borlaug's legacy at its core, it may be one of the institutions with the best chance of lessening tensions and enabling all sides to step back from the current nuclear crisis.... :!: :idea: :arrow:
Be smart and think before its to late

Background
http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php ... &num=14695

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 18:01:08

If during some upcoming military parade in North Korea a drone would be used to take out Kim what do you think the reaction would be in North Korea of his assassination? Since he eliminated his potential rivals by killing them off there would be disarray and a huge power vacuum if he was simply eliminated.

I am not one to go for a military option nor am I an advocate of US imperialism but in this case with this nut case a drone taking Kim out would probably be a good idea.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 18:14:57

What makes this situation so difficult and perilous beyond that Kim is a nutcase who happens to apparently possess some potent weapons is that this is a standoff between the US and China. I suspect that even as China concedes somewhat to the US about the aggressiveness of N.Korea, secretly Kim is China's mad dog keeping the US off balance in that region. Whatever the US does it must take into account how it will affect China. So that any action must allow China to save face and appear in the eyes of the public as being firm and strong. We know China is very much into public perception and saving face. That does not mean US should simply be accepting but this situation is getting to be as tense as the Cuban Missile Crisis.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 18:45:50

onlooker wrote:What makes this situation so difficult and perilous beyond that Kim is a nutcase who happens to apparently possess some potent weapons is that this is a standoff between the US and China. I suspect that even as China concedes somewhat to the US about the aggressiveness of N.Korea, secretly Kim is China's mad dog keeping the US off balance in that region. Whatever the US does it must take into account how it will affect China. So that any action must allow China to save face and appear in the eyes of the public as being firm and strong. We know China is very much into public perception and saving face. That does not mean US should simply be accepting but this situation is getting to be as tense as the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Exactly right.

And now China has ruled out further UN sanctions against North Korea.

It couldn't be any clearer that China is backing North Korea---As the most powerful remaining Communist country, China will naturally align itself with its fellow Communists in North Korea.

North Korea is China's running dog
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:27:26

I would hate to be one of the entourage that is around Kim each day and night. You would always fear that the South Koreans or the USA would find out exactly where Kim was or was sleeping and drop one of those mega conventional bombs on him and give him and everyone around him a dirt nap.
Now don't try to tell me the CIA and others have not considered it.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:32:55

vtsnowedin wrote:I would hate to be one of the entourage that is around Kim each day and night. You would always fear that the South Koreans or the USA would find out exactly where Kim was or was sleeping and drop one of those mega conventional bombs on him and give him and everyone around him a dirt nap.

I think at this point Kim's fate and that of his entourage is resting on China. If China finallly believes that its better to allow a leadership change to happen, the next day the US would take him out. He will be sleeping with the fishes haha.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:46:32

onlooker wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:I would hate to be one of the entourage that is around Kim each day and night. You would always fear that the South Koreans or the USA would find out exactly where Kim was or was sleeping and drop one of those mega conventional bombs on him and give him and everyone around him a dirt nap.

I think at this point Kim's fate and that of his entourage is resting on China. If China finallly believes that its better to allow a leadership change to happen, the next day the US would take him out. He will be sleeping with the fishes haha.

Do you think the USA needs to ask China's permission?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:52:45

vtsnowedin wrote: Do you think the USA needs to ask China's permission?

It does if we're afraid of what China will do if we don't ask for China's permission.

May I have your permission to kick this #$%$#@'s butt?
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:14:58

V, this is no longer a uni-polar world. America is not the indispensable exceptional country anymore. Put it this way this is the backyard of China and if they draw a line in the sand, the US better darn well respect it
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:15:52

Plantagenet wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: Do you think the USA needs to ask China's permission?

It does if we're afraid of what China will do if we don't ask for China's permission.

May I have your permission to kick this #$%$#@'s butt?

Well lets see?? What could they do?? Stop selling cheap crap to Walmart made with slave labor?
I think they need us just as much as we need them if not more.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 21:28:45

One point to consider in light of that is Chinese intervention in SE Asia from the late 1980s to the present. The U.S. did very little to counter that.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 22:09:50

ralfy wrote:One point to consider in light of that is Chinese intervention in SE Asia from the late 1980s to the present. The U.S. did very little to counter that.
I'm not sure just what you are getting at there. After the fall of South Vietnam which was indeed a victory for the Communist forces both Chinese and Russian (or was one more dominate then the other?) there seems to be little intervention by China or anybody else in South East Asia that I am aware of. What have I forgotten or missed entirely?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 07:39:24

I think another important factor exists in this situation. That is how the US evaluates truly Kim. One thing is what they say and their overt displays of power. Another thing is how much of a threat does the US truly perceive Kim is. Do they think he is really so unstable that he would risk his obliteration and of those around them for a limited blow to the US or South Korea. So, if the US truly thinks that Kim is mad crazy, then the US may go ahead with regime change regardless of the wishes of China.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 07:55:29

onlooker wrote:I think another important factor exists in this situation. That is how the US evaluates truly Kim. One thing is what they say and their overt displays of power. Another thing is how much of a threat does the US truly perceive Kim is. Do they think he is really so unstable that he would risk his obliteration and of those around them for a limited blow to the US or South Korea. So, if the US truly thinks that Kim is mad crazy, then the US may go ahead with regime change regardless of the wishes of China.

Just imagine the mental pathology of being in Kim's shoes. Having killed all his potential rivals you see all his generals and the whole country on high alert pretending to adore him. His inner circle are a bunch of yes men who fawn over their leader. And yet he runs a backward country that is a fossil of the 20th century. You might think that someone with all this power would not want to rock the boat but Kim is well aware that the whole world sees him as a fossil. There he is receiving fake adoration out of fear in his country while knowing the whole world sees him and his country as a fossil. This creates this huge desire at proving to the world that he is NOT irrelevant.

This guy needs to be plucked out of existence the way you remove a bug from a bowl of cherries.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 08:36:08

There are no good military solutions to Korea that do not involve a massive conventional first strike with everything in the US inventory. 2000 cruise missile conventional strike followed up by Japanese, South Korean, and US continual 24/7 bombing of Nork artillery and missile launch sites. Even then, we would have to put in ground forces to make sure any nuclear capability he might have is removed.

Course the US could do a first strike with our nuclear capable forces. Not seeing that ever happening.

This is one of those nasty problems that has no ready solution where countries in the region do not suffer at least some damage to their people and infrastructure. What the US and those who live in the region might have to do is suffer the loss of a major city and then eradicate North Korea from existence.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion