Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE NASA Thread pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: NASA Temperature Graphs

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 23 Jul 2011, 19:23:00

Help me with this?
vision-master

Unread postby peeker01 » Sat 23 Jul 2011, 19:29:27

it's a beauty ain't it vm? this graph is what prompted Kevin Trenberth to say "they can’t account for the lack of recent warming and that it is a travesty that they can’t." (climategate)
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby evilgenius » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:02:57

peeker01 wrote:it's a beauty ain't it vm? this graph is what prompted Kevin Trenberth to say "they can’t account for the lack of recent warming and that it is a travesty that they can’t." (climategate)

What's not to account for? If you think so small that every time the measurement for a year is colder than the previous year you cheer because you can't accept global warming, yet ignore the long-term trend, then you are no better than a gambler who ignores their losses and sees only their wins. If you do a Google search for most things related to global warming you will run across many results that are older in date that purport to say that some current to the time of the post one off measurement dooms the global warming hypothesis. The only thing is those search results usually occur in the context of a continuance, year on year since the year of the post, of the trend that they attempt to refute.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:23:42

Are you referring to the temperature decline from 1940 to 1975? Best not to ignore such data.
Long before the Chinese discovered coal fired generating plants too.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby peeker01 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:40:10

Pee, I don't believe I have disclosed my faith to you, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't
bring it into discussions of global warming or peak oil. Is there a moderator in the house?
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby eXpat » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 13:14:11

peeker01 wrote:Pee, I don't believe I have disclosed my faith to you, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't
bring it into discussions of global warming or peak oil. Is there a moderator in the house?

For a long standing troll like yourself shorty you are very touchy today :lol:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Livewire713 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 15:12:15

eXpat wrote:
peeker01 wrote:Pee, I don't believe I have disclosed my faith to you, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't

For a long standing troll like yourself shorty you are very touchy today :lol:

So its ok if you refer to pstar as Pee? He is not only touchy but a hypocrite as well.
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 15:58:44

He is also a total and hopeless moron, or worse.

He thinks (or pretends to think) that static in a clear trendline makes that trend irrelevant.

He is so utterly lost in this moronic thought process that he thinks just posting graphs will make his position clear to everyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion that vm, tinmac, meemoe, and p01 are all the same idiot.

Perhaps it is just my wishful thinking that the universe could not hold that many different totally clueless dimbulbs?
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby peeker01 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 16:05:23

brilliant as usual dooobie.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby steam_cannon » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 16:15:50

peeker01 wrote:it's a beauty ain't it vm? this graph is what prompted Kevin Trenberth to say "they can’t account for the lack of recent warming and that it is a travesty that they can’t." (climategate)

Ok so it looks like you posted a link to charts at NASA to create an anti-NASA anti-climate troll thread. Lame. NASA is a source of reliable climate data, not soap box to stand on and take a "Pee".

peeker01 wrote:Pee, I

Witty. Oh by the way you know your username starts with the letters "Pee". Just thought I'd point that out. :roll:
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby peeker01 » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 16:30:15

The chart speaks for itself, steamer, and so does Kevin Trenberth.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

NASA unveils plans for most powerful rocket ever!

Unread postby sicophiliac » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 15:49:43

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hN9koWGOBnOd9Sx4D-7y_R3ajx7w?docId=568ebb460b3a4336811dfb436b18aa07

It will be the most powerful rocket ever built even outdoing the legendary Saturn V rockets from the 60s/70s and finally we might actually have a chance at sending humans to Mars. Although I am not terribly optimistic when it comes to the future of the United States I hope at least that somehow this program gets pulled off. Seeing man sets foot on Mars would be a truly epic experience for me and I hope it happens.
sicophiliac
Coal
Coal

Re: NASA unveils plans for most powerful rocket ever!

Unread postby Sys1 » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 16:11:47

It will be -just- 20% more powerfull than Saturn V...if it ever gets real before the end of our civilisation.
Sys1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Windmills » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 16:20:46

Lovely. More billions on taxpayer funded space camping trips. Let private industry do it--and not through corporate welfare handouts. They can use their own funding, too.
Windmills
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby eXpat » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 16:47:06

Sys1 wrote:It will be -just- 20% more powerfull than Saturn V...if it ever gets real before the end of our civilisation.

That is a big if 8)
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby nobodypanic » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 17:21:32

Windmills wrote:Lovely. More billions on taxpayer funded space camping trips. Let private industry do it--and not through corporate welfare handouts. They can use their own funding, too.

they can't - and haven't been able to do 'it' in a very long time. and i don't mean build a rocket; i mean get along without government demand (what you rightly label 'corporate welfare').

aside from that... space represents an area of hope: if humanity finds a way to get into space in a serious fashion, the species is effectively 'saved' and can thumb its nose at finite resources for quite some time. and given that, i think its a good expenditure of resources, especially considering that the capital outlays for something like this (given the high risk and long time-line before profitability) are beyond private industry.
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby nobodypanic » Wed 14 Sep 2011, 17:23:06

Sys1 wrote:It will be -just- 20% more powerfull than Saturn V...if it ever gets real before the end of our civilisation.

'just'?

20% is a significant increase.
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion