Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Kenya Thread (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Chance

Poll ended at Wed 11 Jul 2007, 01:15:21

25%
No votes
25%
No votes
50+
50%

Total votes : 8

THE Kenya Thread (merged)

Unread postby zoidberg » Mon 11 Jun 2007, 01:13:17

Kenya to have 20% of its energy from renewable sources In 15 years. Odds of that happening? Sanders Research
Sanders Research wrote:D'Ujanga, the deputy energy minister, said that besides more planned hydro projects and an additional diesel generator, Uganda's future energy supply will come from renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power. He hopes that in 15 years, 20 percent of Uganda's energy will be derived from such renewable sources.
D'Ujanga's bio and Uganda's current electricity status
Cia Factbook 2004 wrote:Electricity - production: Definition Field Listing Rank Order
1.894 billion kWh (2004)
Electricity - consumption: Definition Field Listing Rank Order
1.596 billion kWh (2004)
Electricity - exports: Definition Field Listing
165 million kWh (2004)
Electricity - imports: Definition Field Listing
0 kWh (2004)
Last edited by Ferretlover on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 10:43:18, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merge thread.
zoidberg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Kenya to have 20% of its energy from renewable sources

Unread postby Doly » Mon 11 Jun 2007, 10:21:21

I don't know enough to estimate a probability, even the roughest guesswork. But I do know this: African countries consume a lot less energy than Western countries, so producing a significant amount of their electricity from renewables would be a lot easier (in purely technical terms) than in any of the rich countries. But I know nothing of the economic situation of Kenya, which may mean that the whole thing is entirely unworkable.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Older White Women Join Kenya's Sex Tourists.

Unread postby AlCzervik » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 13:32:49

I don't really know what to say.
MOMBASA, Kenya (Reuters) - Bethan, 56, lives in southern England on the same street as best friend Allie, 64. They are on their first holiday to Kenya, a country they say is "just full of big young boys who like us older girls."
Yahoo: News.
AlCzervik
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Older White Women Join Kenya's Sex Tourists.

Unread postby gnm » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 13:52:05

I do...

[smilie=XXpuke.gif]

-G
gnm

Unread postby Carlhole » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:12:45

...Flashing a dazzling smile and built like an Olympic basketball star, the 22-year-old said he has slept with more than 100 white women, most of them 30 years his senior. --snip-- "It's a social arrangement. I buy him a nice shirt and we go out for dinner. For as long as he stays with me he doesn't pay for anything, and I get what I want -- a good time. How is that different from a man buying a young girl dinner?"

The Expletive deleted.cost! That's what difference is. Can you imagine that? Some attractive 22 year old girl flashes a nice smile, spends time with you, has dinner with you, sleeps with you - just to pretend she's living like a Mzungu and to get a swell shirt? --snip--
Carlhole

Unread postby Kylon » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 15:21:06

Yah, but your not factoring in the "HIV risk cost". HIV is rampant in Africa, and is easily transmitted through sexual intercourse. Some big black gigalow from Africa is probably carrying a large number of veneral diseases. So there is a high risk you'll get HIV and die.
Adult content deleted.
Kylon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mekrob » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 15:24:16

HIV is rampant in Africa, and is easily transmitted through sexual intercourse.
Expletive deleted.Are you serious?! 8O
I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. They block the way to God. I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God. - Rabia
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Stratovarius » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 15:31:41

mekrob wrote:
HIV is rampant in Africa, and is easily transmitted through sexual intercourse.
[/color=red]Expletive deleted.[/color]Are you serious?! 8O
I couldn't believe it either. Must be pullin' our leg.
Stratovarius
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Kingcoal » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 18:47:49

"just full of big young boys who love us older girls" I guess she's saying that the UK is full of small older men who love younger gals? Why would a woman fly thousands of miles into an unsafe country and willingly put themselves at risk of contracting AIDS and other STDs. Adult content deleted. Wow, that's sick.
"That's the problem with mercy, kid... It just ain't professional" - Fast Eddie, The Color of Money
Kingcoal
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Carlhole » Tue 27 Nov 2007, 19:17:46

Kingcoal wrote:..Adult content deleted. Wow, that's sick.
Makes me recall that Saturday Night Live character, The Lady's Man... "Oh, you are so-o-o grossin' out The Lady's Man now!"
Carlhole

Unread postby worrier » Wed 28 Nov 2007, 01:05:39

Just a little reminder. There are plenty of old, wrinkly, saggy men paying to have sex with very young women. I wouldn't want anyone to accidently have any double standards. That would be terrible!
worrier
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Madpaddy » Wed 28 Nov 2007, 04:36:42

Kingcoal wrote,
Adult content deleted.Wow, that's sick.
I must be deviant because I can definitely see a new niche for the adult entertainment industry: "once you've had grey you'll never go gay."
Madpaddy
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lighthouse » Wed 28 Nov 2007, 04:45:05

worrier wrote:Just a little reminder. There are plenty of old, wrinkly, saggy men paying to have sex with very young women. I wouldn't want anyone to accidently have any double standards. That would be terrible!

Indeed that would be terrible ...
I am a sarcastic cynic. Some say I'm an asshole. Now that we have that out of the way ...
Lighthouse
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 28 Nov 2007, 07:12:01

worrier wrote:Just a little reminder. There are plenty of old, wrinkly, saggy men paying to have sex with very young women. I wouldn't want anyone to accidently have any double standards. That would be terrible!

Another little reminder. Old, wrinkly, saggy men can make those very young women pregnant almost as well as young, unwrinkly and unsaggy men. Doesn't work the same way for the good ole' ladies. So there are cant be any double standarts.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 28 Nov 2007, 09:37:29

Kylon wrote:Yah, but your not factoring in the "HIV risk cost". HIV is rampant in Africa, and is easily transmitted through sexual intercourse.Some big black gigalow from Africa is probably carrying a large number of veneral diseases. So there is a high risk you'll get HIV and die.
Risk of transmission of HIV, assuming you are a heterosexual woman, have unprotected sex and your partner is HIV - positive are in range of 1 per 2000 per go.
For a heterosexual man this risk is even lower... So you may not care about those much if you are engaging in risky activities not very often....
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby WildRose » Thu 29 Nov 2007, 15:21:54

Kingcoal wrote:However, I'd imagine that most older sex tourists are not in that class. I have a high degree of empathy and I just can't help but imagine the gulping feeling that these young, desparate people must feel when they engage in sex for money, literally, with these "toursists."
Yes, in this case the older women are engaging these young men because it makes them feel younger and because they have the upper hand (money).

I agree with pretty much everything you said, Kingcoal. A lot of older women and men are in good physical shape, and it's much easier to age gracefully these days with youthful haircuts and hair dye, great makeup and stylish clothes. That said, I still think it's much more common for older men and women to seek younger partners, or at least to be more attracted to younger people. This doesn't always have a desirable outcome, but I understand the emotions behind it.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 29 Nov 2007, 16:34:19

threadbear wrote:What an appalling lack of dignity. Up until I was about 30, I just assumed people probably didn't have sex, even with their partners, after 50 or 55. I figured they'd be too grossed out. The thought of anyone over 60 doing anything more than holding hands with the opposite sex, still makes me kind of queezy.
Well, too much politically correct, star trek type of thought.
They didn't Obscenity deleted and they didn't wee...

When my grandma was 80 she was still gossiping with my mom that she have a meaningful sex with her 3rd husband 2 years younger than she was. I have a reason to believe that she was not making it up (kid's observation...). She died at 84.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrairieMule » Thu 29 Nov 2007, 16:54:00

When my dad was in Nigeria, he said lots of ugly british petroleum workers would shack up with a pair of teenage nigerian girls for about $200 a month. Scary considering half of them had AIDS.
If you give a man a fish you will have kept him from hunger for a day. If you teach a man to fish he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
PrairieMule
Expert
Expert

Location: In a Nigerian compound surrounded by mighty dignataries

Unread postby threadbear » Fri 30 Nov 2007, 02:37:43

Seriously, the term "geriatric sexuality" should be considered an oxymoron. Sensuality, okay...but it's still kind of pushing the wrinkly, dessicated envelope.
The creepy old women going to Africa to have a little fun with young black men deserve some form of Sharia justice. Good god, as if the continent hasn't been raped enough by men using up natural resources, now it's the women who want to have a go at it. Double and triple barf.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby IslandCrow » Fri 30 Nov 2007, 03:33:52

With our dicussion of morals or lack of morals (if you don't believe in morals then subsitute 'good taste') we are missing the PO tragedy here.

With aviation fuel going up us Oldies will no longer be able to afford to fly all over the world just to get laid. :(

Maybe this should be added to the list of positive changes that PO will force on us.
We should teach our children the 4-Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rejoice.
IslandCrow
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to Africa Discussion