Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Greater Reset

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: The Greater Reset

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 00:00:18

Pops wrote:How about doing the things that can reverse population growth?
Educate women,
give women equal rights
provide universal free contraception,
stop financial rewards for having kids.

Or weep while voting for the opponents of the above.

https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/ho ... ion-growth

You left out the most important thing the US could do to reverse population growth.......don't allow illegal immigration.

If not for illegal immigration in the US the US would've already been seeing negative population growth for decades.

toward-negative-population-growth-cutting-immigration-

Unfortunately, Biden and the Ds want MORE immigration, -----so its inevitable that US population growth will continue.

CHEERS!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby aadbrd » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 00:42:00

And the right want to ban abortion, leading to more unwanted pregnancies.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 01:35:22

aadbrd wrote:.... the right want to ban abortion, leading to more unwanted pregnancies.

Yes, of course its true that some Catholics and their supporters on the "religious" right want to outlaw abortion.

But the overpopulation problem can't be solved by only doing what the "left" or the "right" want to do and rejecting those solutions that aren't politically correct.

We'd be much better off if we all decided what the major problems are, and then take needed steps to fix the problems, no matter whether those steps are "right" or "left." The solutions are the solutions, even if the solutions are considered "politically incorrect" by some.

For instance, Overpopulation is clearly a huge fundamental problem. And to address this problem here in the US we need to so things like limit immigration, educate women, ensure legal and inexpensive contraception is widely available, and keep abortion safe and legal. People on the left reject some of those ideas and people on the right reject some of those ideas. But all of them are necessary to solve the problem.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 02:06:04

aadbrd wrote:And the right want to ban abortion, leading to more unwanted pregnancies.

Perhaps a law requiring all anti-abortion folks to adopt unwanted children would cure their moral objections? Nothing quite like requiring those who want to maintain some moral high ground or another to participate in the solution to the problem their morality creates.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 06:42:52

AdamB wrote:
aadbrd wrote:And the right want to ban abortion, leading to more unwanted pregnancies.

Perhaps a law requiring all anti-abortion folks to adopt unwanted children would cure their moral objections? Nothing quite like requiring those who want to maintain some moral high ground or another to participate in the solution to the problem their morality creates.

I think if you actually looked, you could find several groups, mostly religious, that offer this very solution. Of course that just clouds your righteous narrative.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 09:07:38

AdamB wrote:

Yes, I am sure that the situation would improve drastically by forcing people to raise kids they neither want nor love. I read a lot of nonsense on this website, but you are on a whole other level with that idea. You should learn to live your life your way and let others do the same. Forcing people to raise kids they don't want is as demented an idea as not allowing others to get an abortion when they want to. Kettle, pot, black.

The things that need to be done have already been pointed out above. We need to educate women, grant them equal rights, provide free contraception, sterilizations, abortions, and family planning services for all of humanity. We should have been doing as many of these things as were possible since we began existing as a species.

I believe it is decades too late to avoid doing irreparable damage to the biosphere and human civilization. At this point in time the survival of our species is at stake. I don't really know if I want humanity to survive.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 31 Jan 2021, 09:50:59

Not every ejaculation deserves a name! George Carlin.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics