Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 10

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 10

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 16:26:15

Yonnipun wrote:So far the theories of global warming believers have been falsified by actual science.

Sez the constant clown with ZERO credible citations (or ANY citations) to support his Trump-like anti-science ramblings, devoid of science, and signifying NOTHING.

As the Clint Eastwood character, Dirty Harry, would say, "You're a legend in your own mind."

Congrats. :roll: No doubt, we should all believe everything you type. 8)

By the way, as I've pointed out to your ilk multiple times before, when the Sun isn't pumping HUGE amounts of energy into the earth EVERY SECOND, BE SURE and tell us how the earth "running out of energy" is applicable. :lol:

(SInce you're clearly SLOW re science, the earth itself is NOT a closed system. This was pointed out to me in GRADE SCHOOL (5th grade, best I can recall about 50 years later).)
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 22:29:43

JuanP wrote:Adam, you've just joined Real Green on my ignore list.

Did you understand that this is nothing but an admission of fear on your part? Fear of new ideas and thoughts on the part of the person doing it?

And all because I noticed you were a cut and paste bandit and then pretended it was VT's fault for noticing that you didn't have a point?

I agree that you should avoid folks who know what quotes are. It is probably best for you to avoid a bucketful of knowledge suddenly showing up in front of your pea sized intelligence.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 22:34:56

Yonnipun wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Yonnipun wrote: If the temperature of earth would rise, the radiance also rises. If the temperature of earth would decrease, the radiance also decreases.

Yeah, you really don't know why or how a greenhouse works, do you?

Here's a hint... its got physics involved. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have already explained two times how an actual greenhouse works.

Except you managed to do it while avoiding the physics that make it possible for the greenhouse to be warmer inside than outside with no additional energy inputs than the same solar flux beaming down from the sky for both.

Did you get your "physics" from the same cracker jack box that told you electric cars take hours and hours to charge? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You seem to be avoiding all the data previously provided involved with your computer programmer hoax. Any reason why you haven't said a word about all that data that contradicts most everything you said about the world not warming up? Hey wait!!! Maybe it's because you don't get that greenhouse effect!!!!

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 22:37:43

Yonnipun wrote:So far the theories of global warming believers have been falsified by actual science.

I didn't provide theories previously Yonnipin. I provided some data. Couple charts of it. Are you now claiming that your computer programmers are changing all the data that the scientists collected? You know...empirical evidence that you are wrong? Do you know what empirical evidence is?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Yonnipun » Tue 24 Nov 2020, 13:48:56

Except you managed to do it while avoiding the physics that make it possible for the greenhouse to be warmer inside than outside with no additional energy inputs than the same solar flux beaming down from the sky for both.

An actual greenhouse reduces convection. Simple as that. Earth is in the vacuum and has nothing , nothing at all to do with convection. Did not you learn in the physics class that in space conduction and convection are not possible? Why is that when talking about global warming all the believers start to talk about their house insulations. Do you think that insulating your house is causing global warming?
Yonnipun
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:13:01

Yonnipun wrote: Do you think that insulating your house is causing global warming?

Sure it does. Insulation must be manufactured and shipped to be installed. Many insulation products off-gas. Decommissioned insulation must be disposed of. The contribution my be small and offset emissions but there is still a process behind insulation that generates emissions.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 24 Nov 2020, 14:34:23

REAL Green wrote:
Yonnipun wrote: Do you think that insulating your house is causing global warming?

Sure it does. Insulation must be manufactured and shipped to be installed. Many insulation products off-gas. Decommissioned insulation must be disposed of. The contribution my be small and offset emissions but there is still a process behind insulation that generates emissions.

While it takes some amount of energy to produce and install insulation it reduces energy loss from the building every year of it's useful life which can be well beyond fifty years without consuming or emitting any energy of its own doing that job. Therefor it is a net energy saver far in excess of it's initial production use.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 09:59:52

vtsnowedin wrote: While it takes some amount of energy to produce and install insulation it reduces energy loss from the building every year of it's useful life which can be well beyond fifty years without consuming or emitting any energy of its own doing that job. Therefor it is a net energy saver far in excess of it's initial production use.

That is obvious but what is always dismissed by techno optimist is the imbedded energy and emissions of manufacturing and transportation along the whole process. Saying it does this or that later in its lifecycle is just an excuse to justify emissions. I am heavily infested in insulation and renewables but I am honest about them for what they are not for what I wish they were.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:35:09

Yonnipun wrote:

An actual greenhouse reduces convection. Simple as that. Earth is in the vacuum and has nothing , nothing at all to do with convection. Did not you learn in the physics class that in space conduction and convection are not possible? Why is that when talking about global warming all the believers start to talk about their house insulations. Do you think that insulating your house is causing global warming?

<sigh>

Scared of facing the question are you? I kept it simple, just for you

AdamB wrote:I didn't provide theories previously Yonnipin. I provided some data. Couple charts of it. Are you now claiming that your computer programmers are changing all the data that the scientists collected? You know...empirical evidence that you are wrong? Do you know what empirical evidence is?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:55:01

AdamB wrote:

Did you understand that this is nothing but an admission of fear on your part? Fear of new ideas and thoughts on the part of the person doing it?

And all because I noticed you were a cut and paste bandit and then pretended it was VT's fault for noticing that you didn't have a point?

I agree that you should avoid folks who know what quotes are. It is probably best for you to avoid a bucketful of knowledge suddenly showing up in front of your pea sized intelligence.

Congrats, Adam. Given the overall veracity of JaunP's comments, IMO, being put on his ignore list is a compliment, at least to moderately rational people who, for example, like credible sources for data.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 13:24:51

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Congrats, Adam. Given the overall veracity of JaunP's comments, IMO, being put on his ignore list is a compliment, at least to moderately rational people who, for example, like credible sources for data.

If calling me a liar and a coward helps you guys to better deal with your complexes, neuroses, and insecurities, knock yourselves out, guys! Do you think you are better than me in any way by behaving like this? Why do you constantly resort to personal attacks instead of proving me wrong? Neither of you has ever been able to prove that anything I wrote was inaccurate, a falsehood, or a lie. I seriously doubt that anyone in the world cares much about what you think. I certainly don't, so feel free to insult me all you want.

I am complimenting you too, OS, by making you the third member of my ignore list. You are now in the great company of Real Green and AdamB. Birds of a feather flock together. You are not worth a second of my time. Goodbye!

"This post was made by Outcast_Searcher who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."
"Only Americans can hurt America." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 13:51:04

Sounds like sombody is lashing out angrily. Maybe it is becuase there is an undercurrent of illegitimacy with JuanP so he has to make a big stink about all this ignore list stuff as subterfuge. I have verified several fake personalities here on the moderated side pointing to JuanP as the source which is a disgrace to the trust we have here among each other. We may not in some cases like each other but at least we can trust who we are commenting with. Fake personalities just dirty this place.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 20:45:02

REAL Green wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: While it takes some amount of energy to produce and install insulation it reduces energy loss from the building every year of it's useful life which can be well beyond fifty years without consuming or emitting any energy of its own doing that job. Therefor it is a net energy saver far in excess of it's initial production use.

That is obvious but what is always dismissed by techno optimist is the imbedded energy and emissions of manufacturing and transportation along the whole process. Saying it does this or that later in its lifecycle is just an excuse to justify emissions. I am heavily infested in insulation and renewables but I am honest about them for what they are not for what I wish they were.

Not to forget the disposing of it all at the end of life. The amount of foam and plastic materials that go into a well insulated modern house is amazing. And all of it becomes practically inseparable at the time of tear down, creating a massive amount of toxic waste.
The environmentally friendly isolation is wool and straw, not spray foam.
mousepad
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 21:08:46

I used natural, high efficiency, organic sheep wool matting for the insulation of my farm in Uruguay. Made in the country using hydroelectric energy with wool from organically raised sheep, without anything added to it, just 100% wool. It is completely natural and biodegradable. It is extremely popular among the wealthy in Uruguay where we have more sheep than people. I assume it must be available in other countries, too. It could be made by hand, too, if there were no electricity. I put 30cm in, about 12".
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 25 Nov 2020, 21:32:33

There are not enough sheep in the world to produce even five percent of the square footage of the insulation put in place every year by the housing industry.
Big deal!
Fossil fuel derived insulation has earned it's resting place beside all the plastic packaging from all those Amazon packages your Christmas presents came in.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby JuanP » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 01:22:41

vtsnowedin wrote:There are not enough sheep in the world to produce even five percent of the square footage of the insulation put in place every year by the housing industry.
Big deal!
Fossil fuel derived insulation has earned it's resting place beside all the plastic packaging from all those Amazon packages your Christmas presents came in.

I am not trying to save the planet or anything like that. I just built a place that is as plastic and fossil fuel free as possible. I only used plastic in the electric wiring coatings, which was unavoidable, and the electrical system is as minimalistic as possible with very short wire runs, and all those wires are inside the walls, except for the wires running from the PV panels to the roof. I chose the wool insulation for health reasons mostly, and to support the local manufacturers. It is a big deal for my wife and me, the only two people I give a fuck about in the whole world.

I stopped trying to fight environmental destruction a couple of decades ago, when I realized it was a lost fight; I don't even recycle anymore and I drive an ICE SUV. This year I am not buying anyone any Christmas presents. I don't believe in gods, religions, Christ, or Christmas. I do not accept Christmas gifts, either, and I haven't since I was a child. My wife and I already have everything we want and need. I do celebrate the Solstice by throwing a party at the farm and gifts are forbidden.
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 06:58:18

JuanP wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:There are not enough sheep in the world to produce even five percent of the square footage of the insulation put in place every year by the housing industry.
Big deal!

I am not trying to save the planet or anything like that. I just built a place that is as plastic and fossil fuel free as possible. I only used plastic in the electric wiring coatings, which was unavoidable, and the electrical system is as minimalistic as possible with very short wire runs, and all those wires are inside the walls, except for the wires running from the PV panels to the roof. I chose the wool insulation for health reasons mostly, and to support the local manufacturers. It is a big deal for my wife and me, the only two people I give a fuck about in the whole world.

I stopped trying to fight environmental destruction a couple of decades ago, when I realized it was a lost fight; I don't even recycle anymore and I drive an ICE SUV. This year I am not buying anyone any Christmas presents. I don't believe in gods, religions, Christ, or Christmas. I do not accept Christmas gifts, either, and I haven't since I was a child. My wife and I already have everything we want and need. I do celebrate the Solstice by throwing a party at the farm and gifts are forbidden.

Come on JuanP, You expect us to believe your stories when they don't tie together with all you other comments? You really need to see a doctor!
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 07:43:43

Big deal!

I know, the world is overpopulated and lives off of fossil fuel. Why is nobody concerned about overpopulation? Only GROWTH, and its guilt-free cousin GREEN growth.
mousepad
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby REAL Green » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 08:00:51

mousepad wrote:
Big deal!

I know, the world is overpopulated and lives off of fossil fuel. Why is nobody concerned about overpopulation? Only GROWTH, and its guilt-free cousin GREEN growth.

Humans are trapped, they can't go forward and can't go backwards. Those who are awakened will see this and make arrangements individually or in small groups. The Titanic Syndrome is a good reference of what happens to corporations. Modern humans are really just a large corporation. In my REAL Green blog I call this the Brick Box as opposed to the Brick wall. You can go back from the brick wall but the brick box is a trap.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 11:51:08

REAL Green wrote:
mousepad wrote:
Big deal!

Humans are trapped, they can't go forward and can't go backwards.

I don't know about being trapped. But the great realization that we have to live WAY poorer. That realization still has to sink in. There's still plenty of folks who think buying high tech tesla will solve earth's problems.
mousepad
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology