Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 4

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Universal Basic Income (merged)

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 07 Dec 2019, 12:44:11

Racist Ds trip over their own racist tropes

bloomberg-echoes-biden-harry-reid-no-negro-dialect-gaffe-tone-deaf-racist-comments-about-cory-booker

Corey Booker just played the race card on Michael Bloomberg who made the mistake of saying Corey Booker is "well spoken". That doesn't sound so bad, but it brought back memories of Biden's racist statements about Obama, i.e. that Obama was OK because he was "clean" and Harry Reid's racist statement that Obama was OK because he didn't have any trace of a "negro dialect."

Booker's larger point is that the Ds have rigged the election rules to exclude people of color. As it stands there will be no people of color in the next D debate. This seems bizarre, given that the first actual voting is still months away.

Shouldn't the Ds be setting up their rules to mandate INCLUDING blacks and hispanics and asians and polynesians instead of EXCLUDING THEM? Its like the Ds are trying to pre-select who the nominee will be instead of letting the voters decide. Just like they did in 2016 when they screwed Bernie and tilted toward Hillary. Now the racist Ds are screwing over Corey Booker and the other Ds of color.

IMHO the Ds should reset their rules so they don't exclude all the Ds of color. Let Corey Booker and Andrew Yang and Tulsi gabbard and even that little weasel Castro back into the debates. Especially Tulsi.........Tulsi has arguably won the last two debates and actually has hit the polling benchmark set by the DNC, and the DNC is excluding her anyway. Excluding her is racist and sexist and unfair to the extreme......

Its disgraceful that the DNC is excluding Tulsi Gabbard from the debates just because she is person of color.

SHEESH!
"Our house is on fire" Greta Thunberg, 12/28/19

"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: Universal Basic Income (merged)

Unread postby careinke » Sat 07 Dec 2019, 13:57:21

Plantagenet wrote:Racist Ds trip over their own racist tropes

bloomberg-echoes-biden-harry-reid-no-negro-dialect-gaffe-tone-deaf-racist-comments-about-cory-booker

Corey Booker just played the race card on Michael Bloomberg who made the mistake of saying Corey Booker is "well spoken". That doesn't sound so bad, but it brought back memories of Biden's racist statements about Obama, i.e. that Obama was OK because he was "clean" and Harry Reid's racist statement that Obama was OK because he didn't have any trace of a "negro dialect."

Booker's larger point is that the Ds have rigged the election rules to exclude people of color. As it stands there will be no people of color in the next D debate. This seems bizarre, given that the first actual voting is still months away.

Shouldn't the Ds be setting up their rules to mandate INCLUDING blacks and hispanics and asians and polynesians instead of EXCLUDING THEM? Its like the Ds are trying to pre-select who the nominee will be instead of letting the voters decide. Just like they did in 2016 when they screwed Bernie and tilted toward Hillary. Now the racist Ds are screwing over Corey Booker and the other Ds of color.

IMHO the Ds should reset their rules so they don't exclude all the Ds of color. Let Corey Booker and Andrew Yang and Tulsi gabbard and even that little weasel Castro back into the debates. Especially Tulsi.........Tulsi has arguably won the last two debates and actually has hit the polling benchmark set by the DNC, and the DNC is excluding her anyway. Excluding her is racist and sexist and unfair to the extreme......

Its disgraceful that the DNC is excluding Tulsi Gabbard from the debates just because she is person of color.

SHEESH!

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this is germain to UBI???
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 09 Dec 2019, 16:59:45

You got me there, Careinke.

I posted this one in the wrong thread --- my apologies.

On the positive side, there aren't very many interesting pictures in this thread, and I have presented you with a pic of Tulsi Gabbard looking great in her uniform.

Enjoy!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 09 Dec 2019, 18:34:00

There is a report out today documenting how unwinnable the Afghanistan war has been and how officials have misled the public about it. Memories of the pentagon papers spring up. Perhaps people will see that Tulsi has a much better position on this then the media has given her credit for.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 09 Dec 2019, 19:16:21

The paper said the interviews "bring into sharp relief the core failings of the war that persist to this day" as "U.S. officials acknowledged that their warfighting strategies were fatally flawed and that Washington wasted enormous sums of money trying to remake Afghanistan into a modern nation."

ORIGIONAL article is from Washington Post and behind a paywall.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Sounds a lot like Vietnam. Also is not a partisan issue, both parties supported this fiasco.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to North America Discussion