Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 11 Jun 2019, 11:36:41

Because they really didn’t want Hillary to win? Perhaps?

That lets you have Trump as Prez you can bitch and complain. If Hillary would have one the policies would have been worse but you could not complain because she was your candidate?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Tue 11 Jun 2019, 14:57:23

I never met any Dems that said they actually liked Hillary as a person even if they voted for her. That was a factor in 2016.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 11 Jun 2019, 15:13:13

And I don’t think I’ve met any Rs that “liked” Trump. As bad as he was the rest of the field was worse. But at least there was a democratically selected candidate.

This is the situation our 2 party system has brought us to. Rather than choosing amongst the best we get to scrape something from the bottom of the barrel.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 11 Jun 2019, 16:38:28

I wish Trump would just keep his mouth shut. Its hard to separate out what he does as president from his constant carping on twitter about how great he is.

AND I wish the Ds would spend a little time trying to pass some legislation that would help our country, instead of wasting all their time on endless investigations of Trump concerning charges that have already been extensively investigated by a special counsel and found to be baseless. The Ds seem perfectly willing to do anything to destroy the Trump presidency and waste four valuable years as long as it will help them in the next election.

It would be nice if one of the D presidential candidates was a rational intelligent person who could be seen as a reasonable alternative to Trump and the mass flakey D candidates we've got this year, but just about the Ds seem more interested in pandering and selling fairy tales to the electorate then honestly dealing with the issues. Biden disgraced himself by flipping on an issue, and then flopping, and then flipping back again all in the space of a week. And then it turned out much of his campaign policy is based on plagiarism.....just like Old White Joe has always done.

Vote Joe.....put a plagiarist in the White House. No thanks......

And the other Ds are no better. We've got D candidates promising to pay our healthcare and promising to pay our rent and promising to give us all a monthly check from some imaginary Federal sovereign wealth fund. Jay Inslee has a solid climate change program, but the DNC is determined to squelch him. I kinda like Tulsi Gabbard, but she's got no more chance then Gov. Inslee.

Pete Bootyjudge is smart as hell and a veteran to boot, but he's out there pandering with the best of them. I want to support him but he lost me when he start caterwauling to a meeting of black Ds about Stacy Abrams being robbed in the last election, when she lost by 55,000 votes. Someone who loses by 55,000 votes was not "robbed"---the proper word is defeated, as in she was defeated by her opponent who won a significant majority of the vote. And then Bootyjudge blamed her defeat on gerrymandering. Surely he knows state elections are statewide----there is no gerrymandering. A truly revolting pander from someone who actually does know better.

Maybe the debates will sort this out. The D debates can't come soon enough, IMHO>

CHEERS!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Revi » Wed 12 Jun 2019, 07:24:21

We have quite a while before the election. The real candidates will emerge in the next few months. I think it will be okay. Hopefully they will figure out some candidates that will offer a clear alternative to Our Dear Leader.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 12 Jun 2019, 15:28:10

My (conspiracy) theory of the week is that Joe is the Parties candidate. All they need to do is to get him to come in 1st place on the 1st ballot. Not above 50%, but above Bernie or anyone else. Then the Super Delegates will all vote for him on ballot #2 and it will be over but for the orating.

The same may happen if he comes in lower down but still near the top. It just won’t look as good. Right now he is not running against any D candidates, he’s running against Trump, because he has the nomination in the bag. That’s why they don’t want to debate climate change, could elevate others and split the vote.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 13 Jun 2019, 14:16:24

Newfie wrote:My (conspiracy) theory of the week is that Joe is the Parties candidate. All they need to do is to get him to come in 1st place on the 1st ballot. Not above 50%, but above Bernie or anyone else. Then the Super Delegates will all vote for him on ballot #2 and it will be over but for the orating.

The same may happen if he comes in lower down but still near the top. It just won’t look as good. Right now he is not running against any D candidates, he’s running against Trump, because he has the nomination in the bag. That’s why they don’t want to debate climate change, could elevate others and split the vote.

+1

I agree 100%. The real value of the 2016 DNC Wikileaks was that they showed how the DNC was rigging the debates and doing whatever they could to help Hillary win the primaries and the caucuses.

The DNC is already doing the exact thing now, except this time they want to pre-select Old White Joe Biden. Trump has even been needling Sanders over his wimpiness in letting the DNC steal the nomination from him.........again.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "random" placement of Ds for the debates winds up with matching Biden against all the minor D candidates in one debate so Joe can shine, and with all the top candidates in the other debate so they can rip each other up. And I wouldn't be surprised if Joe got the debate questions in advance, like Hilalry did in 2016. We know from Wikileaks exactly what the DNC does......it cheats and it rigs debates for the pre-selected D the DNC wants to get the nomination.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 15 Jun 2019, 09:26:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFmiFrJYw8w

Hilarious hypocrisy from the D. Party and its pundit sycophants. These clowns are not even trying. Americans should stop voting for them just to maintain some self-respect.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 22:04:47

Joe BIden has gotten into hot water for boasting about working with racists and segregationists in the D party.

But Biden didn't one work with them........he supported them. Joe Biden voted for over and over again Russell and Eastland and the others racists and segregationists in the D party to lead the D caucus in the Senate, and to be the leader of Senate.

Old White Joe personally supported the racists. He voted for the racists.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 01:20:21

Joe Biden isn't the entire Democratic Party.

Bernie Sanders vs. Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker vs. Joe Biden: The Democratic Civil War Is Here
It started with Joe Biden’s totally bizarre comments about how they all used to get along with racists in the Senate, which brought a number of well-deserved smackdowns on Wednesday, the best by far from Cory Booker: “You don’t joke about calling black men ‘boys.’ ... Vice President Biden’s relationships with proud segregationists are not the model for how we make America a safer and more inclusive place for black people, and for everyone. I’m disappointed that he hasn’t issued an immediate apology for the pain his words are dredging up for many Americans. He should.”

Biden won't apologize after Booker and Harris rebuke his remarks about working with segregationists | Salon.com
Kamala Harris:
"He has served our country in a very noble way," Harris said. "But to coddle the reputations of segregationists ⁠— of people, who if they had their way, I would literally not be standing here as a member of the United States Senate ⁠— is⁠ — I think, it's just misinformed, and it's wrong."

Other 2020 candidates, including Rep. John Delaney, D-Md., Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., the latter two of which are Biden's closest rivals in recent polls, also criticized the former vice president's comments.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 01:48:08

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez voted for Nancy Pelosi to be speaker of the house and now Nancy Pelosi is blocking all efforts to impeach Trump.

If AOC was serious about impeaching Trump, she'd be working to remove Nancy Pelosi. But AOC isn't even criticizing Nancy Pelosi for blocking impeachment, so we know she really isn't serious about impeaching Trump. She just tweets out stuff to get those people excited who don't understand how the Congress works.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 09:27:19

It strikes me that AOC is the D equivalent of Trump. Both seem to have a good handle on social media to gain attention.

More and more feels like sophomoric class President politics.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 17:42:14

Newfie wrote:It strikes me that AOC is the D equivalent of Trump. Both seem to have a good handle on social media to gain attention.

More and more feels like sophomoric class President politics.

Trump's understanding of economics is infinitely better than that of this retarded bimbo who can't even string together a coherent sentence.

The truth is in the eyes of the beholder. Obummer made numerous assertions that were epic retard and lie level, but he didn't and still does not get the sophomoric criticism that Trump gets.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:39:20

I've never seen so much pandering as the D candidates are doing this year.

So far we've got forgiveness of student loans, free college tuition, reparations for black people, reparations for gay people, and $1000 per month for everybody.

Personally, I like the idea of $1000 per month for everybody. If you're going to buy votes by pandering, go BIG.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 14:45:59

Plantagenet wrote:I've never seen so much pandering as the D candidates are doing this year.

So far we've got forgiveness of student loans, free college tuition, reparations for black people, reparations for gay people, and $1000 per month for everybody.

Personally, I like the idea of $1000 per month for everybody. If you're going to buy votes by pandering, go BIG.

Cheers!

Since all of this "welfare" is going to be generated through debt or money printing, it amounts to nothing more than inflationary stimulus which is utterly self-defeating. People really have no sense of history whatsoever. All of this BS populism has been tried ad nauseam in the past and has always failed. Making up loopy SJW reasons to print money takes to a whole new level of insanity.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 29 Jun 2019, 10:27:44

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status ... 4400312320

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70MO8I9rJ4

AOC, the modern SJW fake left Democrat. Fraudulence is the essence.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Revi » Tue 02 Jul 2019, 12:14:45

I like Inslee and Castro, but they are both polling in the low single digits, like 1%, so unless they step up their game we won't be seeing them in the primaries.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 02 Jul 2019, 15:01:17

You will see the attack dogs. Climbing. The population wants a gladiatorial show and they are going to get it. Complete with “thumbs up/thumbs down” from the coliseum seats.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion