Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Current US Political Manipulation by the MSM

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 14:10:43

dohboi wrote:Obama didn't have the millions who now support Sanders and Warren who are all committed to keep her feet to the fire.

You have to be kidding about that. Obama had and has the support of far more Democrats than HRC, and far higher approval ratings.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 14:21:50

You miss my meaning.

I mean a lot of Democrats wanted Bernie as their candidate. They're willing to vote Hillary to avoid the Trump sh!t storm, but they are vowing to keep a lot of pressure on to be sure that she acts on the platform they were able to get through in the convention.

There were not a contingent of people to the left of Obama who had been well organized and ready to put real pressure on him.

That's the difference.

How it actually plays out...we'll see.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 14:56:19

Hillary Clinton is a Globalist who will pursue her own agenda at the risk of the Republic. She is an domestic enemy of the Constitution and will be treated as such.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 14:59:18

"She is an domestic..."

Cog is an enemy of spelling, and will be treated as such! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 15:04:31

Red the WikiLeaks Podesta release #1-14 and you won't worry about spelling problems. You will worry about how corrupt Hillary Clinton is.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 15:07:17

"Red the WikiLeaks"

And the misspeller in chief strikes again!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly, someone with such an impressive command of the basics of English must have deep and important insights into matters of state which we should all pay careful attention to...or not. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 15:09:09

It only get worse from here on out. Read the WikiLeaks Podesta. You won't be so attracted to the Hildabeast. She is a domestic enemy of the USA.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 15:12:26

Why would you think that I was 'attracted' to Clinton. As it happens, I am not planning to vote for either Trump nor Clinton.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 17:23:17

How much will it cost Peabody donating to the Clinton Foundation to get the EPA stance on coal use reversed?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 21 Oct 2016, 22:41:25

$250,000 to set up a meeting. $1,000,000 to change policy. Clinton has this down to a science now.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 22 Oct 2016, 08:38:06

Cog wrote:$250,000 to set up a meeting. $1,000,000 to change policy. Clinton has this down to a science now.

We are a cynical bunch, but I think you are right. Peabody, Arch, Cloud Peak Energy, Alpha Natural Resources, Murray Energy...the five of them mined 55 percent of the coal dug out in the USA in 2014. It is easily in their interest to 'invest' in the 'Clinton Foundation' a few million dollars, much much more than all the anti-coal advocates can scrape up combined.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DNC wikileaks

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 09 Apr 2017, 11:31:20

A new leak of private posts made last year by Guccifer 2.0 to a politically active Playboy Model---Guccifer is the hacker who got into Hillary's private email messages----says that SETH RICH---the murdered DNC IT guy-----was the one who hacked the DNC emails.

SETH RICH wasn't Russian----he was a disgruntled DNC employee who was horrified that the DNC was hijacking the D primaries to help Hillary beat Sanders

guccifer-2-0-chat-with-nude-model-sparks-new-conspiracy-theories-about-murder-of-dncs-seth-rich

This matches with what Julian Assange has been saying as well. He even offered a reward to find the killers of SETH RICH.

Political Activist Robin Young has cracked the claim that the Russians hacked the DNC wide open. It wasn't the Russians at all----it was SETH RICH!

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 13:59:57

Cog wrote:Moore was, disregarding the validity of 40 year old accusations for a moment, was inarticulate and ran a horrible campaign. The failure of the RNC and Trump to support him initially, and in fact throw him to the wolves, had a lot to do with this loss. I'm ok with this actually as the Dems can not use him as a poster boy for sexual crimes and Franken must now carry out his resignation for proven sexual harassment.

Here is the thing. In 2018, 23 Democrat Senate seats are up for re-election while only 9 Republican seats are up for re-election. I like the odds.

Sure all we need is 32 intelligent,& articulate, middle of the road candidates that can get past the T party candidates in the primaries that want to go into office in the middle of the Trump presidency. Somebody should get right on that as I think that is a lot easier said then done.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Re: THE Democrat (general) Thread Pt. 1

Unread postby Cog » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 16:29:25

Lot harder to defend 32 seats then it is 9 seats. Republicans know how to raise money too. Ask the Dems if they would like to change places with the Republicans in their majorities in the House, Senate, and presidency.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 16:46:24

Newfie wrote:we are desperately seeking purity in a lewd world.

If that were the case across the board, Trump would not have been elected. We are a polarized country and this election was anything but a landslide which tells me there are plenty of people who DON'T care about personal virtue, even if they are in a deep red bible-belt state.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 17:16:12

Cog wrote:Lot harder to defend 32 seats then it is 9 seats. Republicans know how to raise money too. Ask the Dems if they would like to change places with the Republicans in their majorities in the House, Senate, and presidency.
To get ahead, or stay ahead rather, the GOP needs to contest all the seats up for grabs. I don't know how many incumbents are running again and likely to have a easy win. All the open seats should be contested with the best candidate available. Also there might be some vulnerable Republicans that should have a strong primary challenger but not a challenger that S. Bannon supports.
As it stands now the Trump presidency may well cost the GOP every election in the next decade.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 20:46:59

asg70 wrote:
Newfie wrote:we are desperately seeking purity in a lewd world.

If that were the case across the board, Trump would not have been elected. We are a polarized country and this election was anything but a landslide which tells me there are plenty of people who DON'T care about personal virtue, even if they are in a deep red bible-belt state.

What a silly sentiment. You are implying HRC has no lewd history of her own to cause people to turn away from her as a potential President. Most people are not party locked to the point they can completely ignore all the sins of the candidates on one side of the scale while focusing on the sins of the candidates of the other party. When you have an election you naturally have two human candidates, each of them badly flawed individuals, and you choose which candidates flaws you find more acceptable, not which D or R badge the candidate happens to be wearing. If this were not the case then all either party would need to do is sling a little mud at the opposing party to swing from the polarized balance everyone natters on about endlessly to win the Presidency for generations instead of the White House shifting back and forth between parties every decade on average.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 21:41:56

Figured I would post this here since John McCain is more of a Democrat than a Republican. McCain is on his deathbed(hopefully) and might not be able to vote on the tax bill next week. That would mean that every single Senate Republican must vote for it or it will fail. Even while dying, McCain manages to throw a wrench into the gears of the Trump program.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... 3d9bf5feec
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 13 Dec 2017, 23:10:49

I'm starting to think there are lots of people out there who really are voting AGAINST someone rather then supporting a candidate or his party.

I think 2016 was a "change" election. The reason Trump won was that people were sick of Obama and Hillary was running as the second coming of Obama---so people voted against her. Trump didn't have that much to do with it....probably just about any R could've beaten Hillary.

Now we've just had a D victory in the Senate race in Alabama.....and the D won because many people were voting against Judge Moore. And probably just about any D could've beaten Judge Moore in Alabama.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Thu 14 Dec 2017, 05:42:42

No one was willing to go after Hillary in the way only Trump can. Jeb Bush(please clap for me) was not the one. Trump spoke in terms his supporters completely understood. The size of his rallies indicated that Republicans wanted something completely different that your standard fare Republican. A different message if you will.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion