Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The coming Civil War

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 10 Jan 2020, 23:26:41

Cog wrote:Every time a progressive uses the phrase "fair share", he wants to rob someone using the government as the stick up man.

Plus, they won't DEFINE what is fair. It's always "more".

In the real world, the rich pay a huge proportion of the US and state income taxes.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-lates ... 18-update/

Liz Warren recently supported confiscating 3% of the wealth of the wealthy -- ON TOP of all the other taxes they pay, including the death tax. That wasn't enough, so now she wants to take 6% every year. What's next? 12% or 24%? Or reducing the income level to the upper middle class? After all, the liberals want more money to have more programs -- unceasingly.

"Fair" is all a matter of opinion.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 7666
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby careinke » Sun 19 Jan 2020, 20:29:48

So, tomorrow could be an interesting day for Virginia and the rest of the country over the Second Amendment. Opinions, and rumors, seem all over the map. Some examples:

1. Some conservatives are saying stay home because it is a trap.
2. West Virginia has offered to take in the 2A sanctuary counties.
3. Soros is funding Antifa to pull off a false flag operation.
4. Vets will become Domestic terrorists under the Patriot Act.
5. If you are pro 2nd Amendment, now is the time to take a stand

etc. etc.

I think there is about a 75% chance this breaks out into violence, both in Virginia and other states.

Thoughts???
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
User avatar
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Mon 01 Jan 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 19 Jan 2020, 21:20:42

careinke wrote:So, tomorrow could be an interesting day for Virginia and the rest of the country over the Second Amendment. Opinions, and rumors, seem all over the map. Some examples:

1. Some conservatives are saying stay home because it is a trap.
2. West Virginia has offered to take in the 2A sanctuary counties.
3. Soros is funding Antifa to pull off a false flag operation.
4. Vets will become Domestic terrorists under the Patriot Act.
5. If you are pro 2nd Amendment, now is the time to take a stand

etc. etc.

I think there is about a 75% chance this breaks out into violence, both in Virginia and other states.

Thoughts???

I think more like 5% chance. Then only if the liberals plant an instigator to trigger violence. Leaders on the gun rights side are aware of this possibility and are guarding against it.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10007
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby Cog » Sun 19 Jan 2020, 21:40:25

Gun rights advocates have been lobbying peacefully for 18 years on January 20th. Blackface governor has turned the Capitol into a fenced compound using a fake emergency. Just remember this rally tomorrow is a warning to the govenor. Back off of your 72 gun bills or face the consequences.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 13139
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby careinke » Sun 19 Jan 2020, 21:43:36

vtsnowedin wrote:
careinke wrote:So, tomorrow could be an interesting day for Virginia and the rest of the country over the Second Amendment. Opinions, and rumors, seem all over the map. Some examples:

1. Some conservatives are saying stay home because it is a trap.
2. West Virginia has offered to take in the 2A sanctuary counties.
3. Soros is funding Antifa to pull off a false flag operation.
4. Vets will become Domestic terrorists under the Patriot Act.
5. If you are pro 2nd Amendment, now is the time to take a stand

etc. etc.

I think there is about a 75% chance this breaks out into violence, both in Virginia and other states.

Thoughts???

I think more like 5% chance. Then only if the liberals plant an instigator to trigger violence. Leaders on the gun rights side are aware of this possibility and are guarding against it.


I hope you are right. +1
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
User avatar
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Mon 01 Jan 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 06:52:32

It’s interesting that I’ve seen almost nothing of this on the on line news. I think there was a bit on Fox yesterday.
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby Cog » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 13:08:33

There were some livestreams on youtube of the event. Search terms Richmond Virginia rally
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 13139
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby dissident » Sun 09 Feb 2020, 11:03:55

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tru ... nt-florida

This D. Party supporter terrorism pure and simple. Thanks CNN and the rest of the fake stream media for inducing the hysteria.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby dissident » Mon 10 Feb 2020, 14:04:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoF4DNlAEE

Trump is not the source of the polarization in the USA. It is the ripening of the cultural Trotskyist rot (in the guise of socialism) that is driving the current hysteria in the D. Party and its base. As good little Trotskyists, they cannot tolerate dissent and want bloody final solutions like the Russian civil war after 1917. Even though Trotsky is painted as some dissident saint, he was a butcher and the origin of the Red Terror. This infection has afflicted the USA and you can see the insane intolerance and psychotic radicalism of the anti-Republican and anti-Trump hordes. These lunatics are also experiencing a propaganda echo chamber much like existed in the USSR and Nazi Germany but instead of some inefficient state run media, it is social media that is serving the same purpose. And I would say more effectively. The SJWs living on Twitter and Facebook group think are worse than the brow shirts since there is vastly more of them and they true believers in the agenda to the core.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby evilgenius » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 15:09:17

dissident wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoF4DNlAEE

Trump is not the source of the polarization in the USA. It is the ripening of the cultural Trotskyist rot (in the guise of socialism) that is driving the current hysteria in the D. Party and its base. As good little Trotskyists, they cannot tolerate dissent and want bloody final solutions like the Russian civil war after 1917. Even though Trotsky is painted as some dissident saint, he was a butcher and the origin of the Red Terror. This infection has afflicted the USA and you can see the insane intolerance and psychotic radicalism of the anti-Republican and anti-Trump hordes. These lunatics are also experiencing a propaganda echo chamber much like existed in the USSR and Nazi Germany but instead of some inefficient state run media, it is social media that is serving the same purpose. And I would say more effectively. The SJWs living on Twitter and Facebook group think are worse than the brow shirts since there is vastly more of them and they true believers in the agenda to the core.

I think that's a grand oversimplification. Socialism has an appeal due to the perception that what people haven't been able to get, a fair wage that rises yearly, can be substituted for by a power grab. The idea becomes more appealing the farther away from the place where hard work pays off that people get. Things like labor unions, which the Soviets hated, are no longer seen as viable alternatives. Too many people who used to think the other way now believe in the sanctity of capital in the equation. People seem to want a solution that involves recognizing individual expression and free enterprise. They are against things like corporate welfare.

Many on the left are enticed by Sanders and Warren. They seem to offer an American version of socialism. I'm not in that camp, but I can see the appeal. They're plugged into that hating rich men while wanting to be a rich man thing. But, by no means, did the socialist impulse lead the thing. Sanders and Warren are just helping those people deal with the reality they find themselves in. It's like they are speaking something into existence which is made out of the same struggle that everybody else is going through, only some people think we can afford to go that way. I bet we can't.
User avatar
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2756
Joined: Tue 06 Dec 2005, 03:00:00
Location: Stopped at the border.

Previous

Return to North America Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests