Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 12 Nov 2022, 16:23:02

Armageddon wrote:We’ll be talking the D word by mid 2023


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 12 Nov 2022, 18:15:04

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:We’ll be talking the D word by mid 2023


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.



This is 2008 on steroids
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 12 Nov 2022, 21:19:08

Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:We’ll be talking the D word by mid 2023


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.



This is 2008 on steroids


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.

See how easy that was? Give it a try!
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 12 Nov 2022, 22:56:04

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:We’ll be talking the D word by mid 2023


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.



This is 2008 on steroids


You just cut and post yourself claiming the same sort of nonsense 15+ years ago, and save yourself the trouble of typing.

See how easy that was? Give it a try!




Sit back son and enjoy the 2023 show. Have your popcorn ready
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 00:53:56

Armageddon wrote:Sit back son and enjoy the 2023 show. Have your popcorn ready


Are you promising me a decent S&P 500 correction down to 3000 then? I don't need popcorn, I just need more reserve cash to dump into the market when it does.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 02:00:14

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Sit back son and enjoy the 2023 show. Have your popcorn ready


Are you promising me a decent S&P 500 correction down to 3000 then? I don't need popcorn, I just need more reserve cash to dump into the market when it does.



30-40%
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby careinke » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 05:23:49

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:
AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:PEACE (Never leave your crypto on an exchange!!!)


Indeed. Get it out and turn it into either cash or an asset as fast as you can!


Your level of ignorance is astounding, yet you still have to comment.


This entire WEBSITE is based on people with astounding ignorance on the chosen topic. They comment as though they should be taken seriously, I demand the same right!! :)

Unlike them, I am willing to be educated on the topic.

careinke wrote:I spent many years of my life protecting your right to make stupid statements. Obviously it worked, so I'm happy.

Peace


While I admt that I characterize freely, I thought it was a good one. There was never any demand for these products other than the criminal element,once a supply and demand APPEARED to have been established, normal folk were suckered in.

Perhaps a simple question? The people who sustained these recent losses, they appear to be related to being unable to cash out of their holdings at will. Is this true?

When I go down to the bank, and demand to cash out my investment, they hand me bundles of cash. Is crypto doing this for all their customers?


Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, I've got about six pans in the fire right now, and plans for about four more. 8O

First, I am pleasantly surprised by you response and will take it at face value. Thanks :) OK to your comments:

1. Of course you have the same rights as the rest of the board to make your comments based on astounding ignorance!

2. It warms my heart you are willing to learn, that means we can have a great discussion. I only ask we beat up the idea, not the person. Deal???

3. Generally Most criminals do not use crypto, they use cash. Early adopters of crypto were gambling sites, porn sites, and yes drug sales sites. I'd prefer to call them right leaning Libertarians. :P

4. Not sure what you mean by "normal People" are you talking investors, companies, the WEF, Countries, entrepreneurs, Permaculturists, Homesteaders, retirees, Gen -C? Whatever, all of them have used crypto tools to improve there lot.

5. Yes it is true that a lot of people were unable to withdraw from FTX and so far have loss their money. In addition a lot also had FTX token FTT, which is basically worthless. Finally SBF stole some customers coins.

6. When was the last time you went to a bank, told them you wanted to close out you investment and walked away with a bundle of cash. :-D :-D :-D Try it, you might get your bundle in three days (unless it was a VERY small bundle). But seriously, this is a major problem with crypto exchanges, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE to do that. The exchanges have been asking Congress, SEC, and the FCC for guidance. The answer given by our public servants has so far been "we will see you in court." I refer you to the new thread on FTX started by Plant.

Thanks again for a civil discussion.

PEACE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
User avatar
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Mon 01 Jan 2007, 04:00:00
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 08:11:04

Some thoughts.

Gold and silver have been used as a store of value because they are very stable (don't rot or rust) and can be readily assessed for weight and purity and they are relatively rare, no new huge quantities coming h onto the market, at least until we find another South America to conquer.

Bit Coin seeks to emulate these characteristics through the block chain and algorithm. NO clue about others, but without those attributes (rare, verifiable, conventional size, transferable) they are not very good su statutes.

Fiat currency has similar struggles and fewer controls and is simply backed by the reputation of, and faith in, the issuer.

So I see Bit Coin as an attempt to create a modern gold standard that is more easily transportable and fungible. In reliability it is somewhere between gold and thr dollar, until some new problem arises. Bitcoin needs a stable power grid and ubiquitious comunications, it would be a tough sell in Ukraine at the moment.
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 17616
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 04:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 09:41:24

Newfie wrote:Some thoughts.

Gold and silver have been used as a store of value because they are very stable (don't rot or rust) and can be readily assessed for weight and purity and they are relatively rare, no new huge quantities coming h onto the market, at least until we find another South America to conquer.

Bit Coin seeks to emulate these characteristics through the block chain and algorithm. NO clue about others, but without those attributes (rare, verifiable, conventional size, transferable) they are not very good su statutes.

Fiat currency has similar struggles and fewer controls and is simply backed by the reputation of, and faith in, the issuer.

So I see Bit Coin as an attempt to create a modern gold standard that is more easily transportable and fungible. In reliability it is somewhere between gold and thr dollar, until some new problem arises. Bitcoin needs a stable power grid and ubiquitious comunications, it would be a tough sell in Ukraine at the moment.

Fiat currency is definitely the best way. It is the only type of currency that is based upon the activity of the people. Because of how fractional reserve banking works, borrowing within the system creates new money. When people don't pay back what they promised, it destroys money. It's hinged upon the reserve requirement.

Fiat currency provides a money supply that is both necessary and pertinent to the needs of the people. Gold, bitcoin or any other type of fixed currency only provide that for the king! The reason why people love those things, I think, is that people have an easy time seeing themselves as kings. It's basic human psychology, how so many of us have narcissistic tendencies. Hey, sometimes, me too.

It's about seeing opportunity from the king's perspective. The king doesn't worry about what happens to anybody else. It's about moving from a prejudicial point of view, and keeping at it well past when it means others fail. The value is tied to how much demand can be convinced to participate, not to economic activity.

There is nothing wrong with additional forms of money. The only problem comes with seeing them as replacements for something that they are not structured to replace, not even built to do so. The hype is all about that, but the reality is something quite else. It wouldn't matter if the whole world believed in bitcoin, or gold. That would only mean that kings had taken over. That would be a major blow to the will of the people.
User avatar
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3700
Joined: Tue 06 Dec 2005, 04:00:00
Location: Stopped at the Border.

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby randomguyonabike » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 10:08:56

Lol you guys are absolutely braindead.

I see the talk regarding crypto and bitcoin.

Did you not just see the massive scam fest that went on in the crypto space?

You have a matter of weeks, if that, to get out of there before the bottom falls out of crypto....including bitcoin.

Most of the cryptos are going to zero and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see bitcoin go there. When the bottom falls out here shortly....bitcoin heads to $5000 near term.

Mass liquidation incoming.
randomguyonabike
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu 15 Apr 2021, 13:51:53

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 10:43:20

Yes, the Fed is wiping out the kings. That includes Xi and Putin. Xi is being taken out with a property crisis. Putin has just had the crypto space taken out from under him. The dollar is king. It is so because it is the only instrument that can come in the name of the people.

As much as people say so, the dollar is not in it for itself. The dollar exists in an environment that is only partially based upon supply and demand. For its best part, it relies upon the faith of the people. Because dollar creation is an act of borrowing, and borrowing is about giving your word, the dollar is based upon the faith of the people. We have the faith to take each other's word. We've not always been very good at that. We've gotten better.

These tensions are just as much about the stubborn independent streak that is admirable in Americans, as they are about judging others in some way, and sticking to that judgment way too stubbornly. The former produces not just an entrepreneurial attitude, but a healthy ecosystem for entrepreneurs to operate in. They receive a great deal of public expectation. The latter, however, runs very close to coming to where the dominant group isn't going to take the subordinate group's individual word for it. You can't be a gender fluid person comes right up against that possibility. It's right up there with you can't be brown.

What that means is that those people are excluded from the borrowing process in the meaningful way that the majority knows it. They can't use borrowing nearly as cheaply. They have to make up for not being believed. This shrinks the money supply. That means that those who are doing the holding down also can't take advantage of their opportunities.

We live in a better world when everyone can participate because the money supply is, then, allowed to match our requisite needs. That doesn't happen when we exclude people. Also, at some point, there is a critical mass possible, where culture really takes off. It's not hard to see how the fear of that can absolutely enflame some people, get them going in the wrong direction. It traps those who become that conservative in an inbred situation, so to speak.
User avatar
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3700
Joined: Tue 06 Dec 2005, 04:00:00
Location: Stopped at the Border.

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 11:20:57

Layoffs in 2022 (% of Workforce):

1. Twitter: 50%
2. Intel: 20%
3. Snapchat: 20%
4. Coinbase: 18%
5. Meta: 13%
6. Redfin: 13%
7. Credit Suisse: 5%
8. Goldman Sachs: 3%
9. Microsoft: 1%
10. Amazon: Hiring Freeze
11. Apple: Hiring Freeze

The layoffs are now spreading beyond tech.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 11:35:18

careinke wrote:First, I am pleasantly surprised by you response and will take it at face value. Thanks :) OK to your comments:


Well, I have an opinion on things. In my professional sphere, it is substantial and weighty. Occasionally so in my hobbys and topics of interest. I know nothing about bitcoin other than it is some form of weird value manufactured whole cloth by consuming electricity, and appears to have value just because someone says it should. So sure, fire away.

careinke wrote:2. It warms my heart you are willing to learn, that means we can have a great discussion. I only ask we beat up the idea, not the person. Deal???


Deal.

careinke wrote:3. Generally Most criminals do not use crypto, they use cash. Early adopters of crypto were gambling sites, porn sites, and yes drug sales sites. I'd prefer to call them right leaning Libertarians. :P


But when they do, they do it big, correct? Notable example provided.

Careinke wrote:4. Not sure what you mean by "normal People" are you talking investors, companies, the WEF, Countries, entrepreneurs, Permaculturists, Homesteaders, retirees, Gen -C? Whatever, all of them have used crypto tools to improve there lot.


Normal people. They work for a living, collect a wage in a form of the national currency, pay taxes on it, don't hold pipelines ransom, etc etc.

Careinke wrote:5. Yes it is true that a lot of people were unable to withdraw from FTX and so far have loss their money. In addition a lot also had FTX token FTT, which is basically worthless. Finally SBF stole some customers coins.


Typical theft that Edward Jones might engage in, or theft because the idea is baically a ponzi scheme at its heart and getting out early is the only way to come out ahead?

careinke wrote:6. When was the last time you went to a bank, told them you wanted to close out you investment and walked away with a bundle of cash. :-D :-D :-D


The daughter just did it to buy her first house. And I just put my mother in a home, and in conjunction with a POA I did something similar to fund her first quarter in a care facility. My daughter did hers in real time, in the form of a transfer to her bank, I had to make a call or two to get funds released with a day or two. My personal access to assets are managed as a requirement of my profession, so they are not like a normal persons, I am also restricted in what I can invest in for the same reasons. So I can only do "normal" type transactions until I retire.

Your implication is that most people CAN'T get ahold of their funds when they want them?

careinke wrote:Try it, you might get your bundle in three days (unless it was a VERY small bundle). But seriously, this is a major problem with crypto exchanges, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE to do that. The exchanges have been asking Congress, SEC, and the FCC for guidance. The answer given by our public servants has so far been "we will see you in court." I refer you to the new thread on FTX started by Plant.

Thanks again for a civil discussion.

PEACE


So did I characterize correctly that these things have value just because you have at least two people thinking they do, but not much else? Bartering sounds similar, I have a goat, you have a cow, we both believe they have value and trade. At its most basic, a form of currency, but if I don't believe bitcoin is anything other than some fad for people to pretend they are "investing" in, it has zero value to me. Or the folks who were in it when the ponzi scheme was revealed, which appears to have happened with the folks making the news right now. And Bernie Madoff as a more normal example.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 11:40:21

Newfie wrote:So I see Bit Coin as an attempt to create a modern gold standard that is more easily transportable and fungible. In reliability it is somewhere between gold and thr dollar, until some new problem arises. Bitcoin needs a stable power grid and ubiquitious comunications, it would be a tough sell in Ukraine at the moment.


Bit Coin is a niche form of exchange and not much more then?
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 13:29:35

If the Dems steal, I mean take the House too, this could be rocket fuel for the markets with their infinite spending. Every spending bill and every stimulus bill will get ran right through.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 14:03:19

About 49% of restaurants were unable to pay their rent in October, up from 36% in September, per Bloomberg last week.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 15:12:25

Armageddon wrote:If the Dems steal, I mean take the House too, this could be rocket fuel for the markets with their infinite spending. Every spending bill and every stimulus bill will get ran right through.


So...evolution denier, science denier, Alex Jones and Qanon/Election denying fanboi, etc etc.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 15:37:43

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:If the Dems steal, I mean take the House too, this could be rocket fuel for the markets with their infinite spending. Every spending bill and every stimulus bill will get ran right through.


So...evolution denier, science denier, Alex Jones and Qanon/Election denying fanboi, etc etc.



Says the inflation denier, debt doesn’t matter denier and peak oil denier.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 15:47:08

So Maricopa County election officials are admitting they don’t have a legitimate chain of custody for at least 75,000 ballots?


You suckers are so gullible watching them steal every election. The old saying goes, slaves love their chains.

Get ready for your digital ID, CBDC, social rating, etc.

Now fall in line you gullible sheep.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 7190
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 25

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 13 Nov 2022, 16:40:39

Armageddon wrote:About 49% of restaurants were unable to pay their rent in October, up from 36% in September, per Bloomberg last week.


So I'll begin looking for "for rent" signs at local restaurants to see if this is meaningfull in the least. Who did you get this tip from, as no way do you ever do any of your own thinking.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests