Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 22:11:39

Armageddon wrote:FED balance sheet has doubled and it up to 8 trillion.

Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 22T
4) gold - $2000
5) silver $35



32T US debt and $2500 gold. My bad.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 22:13:42

Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 32T
4) gold - $2500
5) silver $35

This is what I meant. Didn’t proof before I sent.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 22:55:20

ISM Prices going apeshit: 86.0 - this is runaway inflation


Inflation will be the main headline by the second half of 2021. They wont be able to hide it any longer. The genie is popping her head out of the bottle
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 00:25:44

Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 32T
4) gold - $2500
5) silver $35
6) oil $100
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:02:01

Armageddon wrote:Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 32T
4) gold - $2500
5) silver $35
6) oil $100



The question is what will a gallon of gas cost?

At this rate the average cost will be $4-5 dollars a gallon.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:59:51

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The question is what will a gallon of gas cost?


Buy an EV. It was good enough to cure peak oil, it can certainly cure your infantile fear of the operating expense of a run of the mill automobile.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:At this rate the average cost will be $4-5 dollars a gallon.


It was that before, when you were too young to drive apparently. I cured those price problems with my first EV. Just bought a second one, in case the first one breaks. Paid $2.21/gal for premium the other day, using some grocery store points. Stop soiling your trousers over things that might be, and join those of us already striding confidently into the future. A year or two from now, when you get your driver's license and first high school job at McDonalds, you too won't have anything to worry about.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 13:44:53

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 32T
4) gold - $2500
5) silver $35
6) oil $100



The question is what will a gallon of gas cost?

At this rate the average cost will be $4-5 dollars a gallon.

And if you genuinely believed that and had a brain larger than a bacteria, you could simply buy a decent energy ETF such as Vanguard's VDE with over a 3% dividend, or a good oil production company like, say, Chevron with over a 5% dividend, to hedge that expense risk.

But you'd rather whine about phantoms and end up wrong almost all the time.

So much productivity and intelligence. :roll:

When oil prices really move up, I sell some of my oil stocks, and bank MANY MANY times what gasoline costs me for several years. When oil prices really move down, I start buying some, as a good holding for the long run. Whether green cars dominate in a few decades or not, it's not like we're going to suddenly stop using oil for things like petrochemicals, where the global demand should grow mightily as the huge third world population moves toward middle class status, as a trend.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 9332
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42
Location: Central KY

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Thu 04 Mar 2021, 13:29:22

10yr yield at 1.53% at 12:28pm EST

All of the markets are in the red. LOL
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 04 Mar 2021, 13:55:21

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:10yr yield at 1.53% at 12:28pm EST

All of the markets are in the red. LOL


Goodness! Sounds pretty bad. The last crash we had was late 2008/early 2009. Got any chart showing a market crash now like that one, or are you just hyperventilating yourself into a delusional state because you don't have a chart showing a crash, and need to substitute enthusiasm for lack of evidence?
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Thu 04 Mar 2021, 14:19:07

10yr at 1.54%

Dow is down 400 points.

Just as I said previously....as bond yields rise the stock market starts to collapse.

If they want to stop this....they will have to come in with Yield Curve Control and begin a new form of QE/Op Twist/etc.

If they come in with Yield Curve Control we go into hyperinflation at a later date. If they do not stop the bond yields rising....the stock market collapses in a deflationary spiral.

The whole thing is going to end up in a weird deflationary currency collapse combination. Truly bizarre.

Look at gold falling below 1700. Wow.

Unsure of the timeline but this is the situation.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 04 Mar 2021, 15:39:43

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:10yr at 1.54%

Dow is down 400 points.


So the Dow being down a percent or two is the equivalent to the near 50% crash in 2008? Any reasonable person would probably consider the 2008-2009 event a crash. Compare this to silly doomer porn inspired conspiracy nutters who trumpet every daily market downward movement, without ever mentioning they are interspersed with upward movements that are larger, i.e "not a crash but a increasing market".

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Just as I said previously....as bond yields rise the stock market starts to collapse.


So you DO consider normal daily market movements collapse? Lucky you!! Do you know that not even the looney tunes contingent of the early days of this website were able to pretend to act this stupid and be taken seriously, and you seem to do it naturally! Do you and Armie send each other fan mail, or use the same Alex Jones sources?
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 18:40:56

Posters:

Please don't argue with extreme AH’s.

Just flag the post so moderation can deal with it.

When you quote them it just makes more work for us. Spreads the virus so to speak.

Many thanks,

Newfie
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 15940
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 04:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 19:33:46

Well, now that the Senate has passed the 1.9 Trillion stimulus, the national debt is going to be over 30 Trillion now.

Things are going perfectly swell in Clown World.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 20:20:45

I keep hearing or reading that there is about one trillion of the previous stimulus bills yet unspent, but have heard nothing about where this money now sits, or why it has not been spent ,or when and for what it will be. That would be good to know ,as well as a time line for the spending of this new 1.9 trillion much of which is to be spent in future years so will effect those years balance sheets not the current one.
And I will come back to my usual believe that it is not how much the government spends but much more importantly what nit gets for the money.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 03:00:00

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 20:22:26

vtsnowedin wrote:I keep hearing or reading that there is about one trillion of the previous stimulus bills yet unspent, but have heard nothing about where this money now sits, or why it has not been spent ,or when and for what it will be. That would be good to know ,as well as a time line for the spending of this new 1.9 trillion much of which is to be spent in future years so will effect those years balance sheets not the current one.
And I will come back to my usual believe that it is not how much the government spends but much more importantly what nit gets for the money.


The money you speak of is in the Treasury General Account.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 06 Mar 2021, 20:35:35

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The money you speak of is in the Treasury General Account.

I'm sure you mean the IOUs as that money has not even been printed yet. :-D
But OK so it is still there and not in some states or other entities hands . What is it authorized to be spent on and when will it be spent?
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 03:00:00

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 07 Mar 2021, 09:20:15

vtsnowedin wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The money you speak of is in the Treasury General Account.

I'm sure you mean the IOUs as that money has not even been printed yet. :-D
But OK so it is still there and not in some states or other entities hands . What is it authorized to be spent on and when will it be spent?


Yes....Federal Reserve Notes aka IOUs.

If I remember correctly a good amount was to go to pay for transgender queerbait studies in Pakistan and other places.

Mostly, bullshit projects and a lot of it will be doled out to politicians to loot. I'm not too worried about it.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 07 Mar 2021, 11:16:06

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:The money you speak of is in the Treasury General Account.

I'm sure you mean the IOUs as that money has not even been printed yet. :-D
But OK so it is still there and not in some states or other entities hands . What is it authorized to be spent on and when will it be spent?


Yes....Federal Reserve Notes aka IOUs.

If I remember correctly a good amount was to go to pay for transgender queerbait studies in Pakistan and other places.

Mostly, bullshit projects and a lot of it will be doled out to politicians to loot. I'm not too worried about it.

Well a trillion works out to $3000 per citizen and that is a lot to pay in future taxes plus interest if we get nothing useful or lasting from the expenditure. And before anyone says they will make the rich and corporations pay the bulk of it that is of no help as the rich and the corporations they control will just pass every dollar of it on to us as higher prices.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 03:00:00

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 07 Mar 2021, 13:59:55

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Well, now that the Senate has passed the 1.9 Trillion stimulus, the national debt is going to be over 30 Trillion now.

Things are going perfectly swell in Clown World.



Deficit is going to easily exceed 6 trillion this year. I’m sure we’ll see another stimulus later this year too.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sun 07 Mar 2021, 16:42:34

Armageddon wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Well, now that the Senate has passed the 1.9 Trillion stimulus, the national debt is going to be over 30 Trillion now.

Things are going perfectly swell in Clown World.



Deficit is going to easily exceed 6 trillion this year. I’m sure we’ll see another stimulus later this year too.



They can't stop. We are in the end game.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests