Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 12

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby Yoshua » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:23:46

Last edited by Yoshua on Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:37:04, edited 1 time in total.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Yoshua » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:36:03

I know that there's no science behind technical charts. They just draw straight lines through price tops.

Although I do think that the price tells something. I think that the economy is a form of EROI calculation that takes in all of the energy in the system into calculation.

No, I don't have a model or a theory behind me...and I even know how to begin. I just settle with technical charts.

Anyway...the central banks money printing hasen't yet managed to violate the falling trendline of resistance in the WTI price chart.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 12:10:13

Its now obvious why the price of oil is collapsing totally right now....

North Ghawar is experiencing a massive increase in decline rate. Its the first component of my Oil Apocalypse thesis. The other, the devastating deteriorating quality of oil is happening in the Shale "oil" and Tarsands crap and even in the ME.

In other words,

KSA and Canada are on the brink of TOTAL COLLAPSE because North Ghawar can no longer fund tarsands. Look at Suncor stock tank as we speak.

Alberta just announced MASSIVE cuts in healthcare are imminent.

Boeing stock is collapsing because North Ghawar is collapsing.

My thesis predicted 2023 as the trigger from North Ghawar. It is obviously way ahead of schedule.
Cog's a sack of crap.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 12:42:45

Anyway...the central banks money printing hasen't yet managed to violate the falling trendline of resistance in the WTI price chart.

If there is an economic system with $1 in it, and one apple, apples are worth $1. If there is $2 in the system apples are worth $2. You still only have one apple. Central bank printing won't change the resistance line. There is still only one apple. Your resistance line is only showing the relative value of oil from some previous point. Depletion will make sure that always goes down. Central bank printing only moves the resistance line up and down. It doesn't change its slope. When the apple has been eaten, there are zero apples regardless of how many dollars are in the system.

Technology does not put any more oil into the ground. It only allows us to extract what is there faster. Dumping money into the system will not put any more oil into the ground either. It will only allow us to extract what remains faster. Mother Nature only gave us one apple. Your resistance line is only showing how fast we are eating it.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 12:45:31

Yoshua wrote:Although I do think that the price tells something.

That's the thing. You can't start with a price and work back to a single cause and effect. Price is a function of many factors. Even in the old days of the peak oil movement there was an acknowledgment of above and below-ground factors. That was to try to move beyond the simplicity of interpreting any upward movement of oil as a function of geological depletion. It's just not that simple. The arab oil embargo periods were two good examples of ABOVE ground factors. The oil was there. We just didn't have access to it. So you're not really offering anything useful in a peak oil discussion to say something as vague and wishy-washy as "I think the price tells us something." (cue scary music).

The big problem with ETP (since I know you're hinting at ETP in your post) is that it attempted to take a low-price situation and explain it away not as a glut but rather as a lack of economic ROI. And that didn't make sense because the data clearly indicated a glut condition by virtue of the fracking boom. ETP flew in the face of the facts because its function was to keep the few remaining peak oil doomers believing in "apocalypse nigh".

And that sort of warped self-serving doomer-analysis has become par for the course with the discussions here. People such as yourself offer up doomerism with little more than a "gut-feeling" or "hunch" or some improvised conspiracy theory (based on little more than suggested motives) to back it up. Hey, you're welcome to look at the world however you like. Just don't expect others to agree without mounting a compelling argument.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 16:18:06

Your resistance line is only showing the relative value of oil from some previous point. Depletion will make sure that always goes down.

try teaching that on the Bizarro planet....here on Earth if supply decreases then price increases for similar demand. That is something that is proven time and again. The opposite is some ridiculous construct not based on economic theory or logical thinking.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 16:28:06

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned

Straight from: The HALL of Intellectual MIDGETS

Still working on your IQ test that can't produce negative results?

Welch - slang for Welsh - "A Celtic language spoken in Wales".

He had a dictionary until he ran out of toilet paper.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 16:30:53

shortonoil wrote:
HALL OF SHAME:

:lol: :lol:
The Economy is not so rosy as the MSM paints it. http://www.shadowstats.com/
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 16:55:05

shortonoil wrote:
HALL OF SHAME:

If you post the same 5 year old level drivel on multiple threads, does that make it more valuable? :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 17:01:15

shortonoil wrote:Technology does not put any more oil into the ground. It only allows us to extract what is there faster. Dumping money into the system will not put any more oil into the ground either. It will only allow us to extract what remains faster. Mother Nature only gave us one apple. Your resistance line is only showing how fast we are eating it.

Too bad your track record re predictions is basically zero percent accurate.

Otherwise, people might believe your game of arbitrarily picking a segment of a graph and drawing a line on it AFTER the fact, and then claiming you can make future predictions had any meaning.

But in the real world, this is the internet, and your terrible track record can be verified.

Not that you'd act like an adult and admit it, any more than you'd pay the bet you lost. 8)
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 22:20:48

shortonoil wrote:
HALL OF SHAME:

The sig has been there for how many months now? A year? More? Pay up on your bet or tolerate carrying the shame of my sig line--FOREVER(FOREVER--forever---forever---forever). There is no other way out. If you respond to my sig enough that I'm continuing to see it embedded in other people's responses (since you're on ignore) I'm going to start flagging your posts. Consider this a formal warning! You're polluting every thread on this board with this hostility.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance