Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 21 Apr 2019, 17:25:05

rockdoc123 wrote:Mueller has no legal or moral right to claim he couldn't exonerate Trump....his only job was to either find enough evidence to charge him or not.

Exactly right.

Mueller has invented an entirely new legal status just for Trump.

In the past a person was either innocent or guilty.

Mueller wants to add another category....."not exonerated." But that legal status doesn't exist anywhere in the US legal code.

It just shows what a total D partisan Mueller turned out to be. He hired hyper partisan Ds on his team to do the investigation. He knew early in 2017 there was no collusion with the Russians....but he let the investigation drag on for two more years before admitting the obvious. Why did Mueller not clarify that there was no collusion back in 2017? Because he wanted to help the Ds in the 2018 election.

And why now is Mueller not clarifying that Trump is innocent, just like everyone else in America is innocent until proven guilty? Why the "not exonerated" special label for Trump I believe Mueller wants to help the Ds again. Now the Ds can gin up a phony impeachment frenzy and take this right through the 2020 election cycle.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 21 Apr 2019, 18:09:02

And if they do Trump will be re-elected.

The ads are looking more and more deranged. I think the American Public will quietly distance themselves from this fringe.
Things may change, but it's how it looks to me now.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Sun 21 Apr 2019, 19:58:59

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04- ... ew-assange

This whole Russian hacking of DNC machines BS needs to be exposed for the Big Lie that it is. None of the clowns claiming that the machines were hacked has any basis aside from the claims of the Democrats and their paid-for contractors. I haven't heard of criminal investigations being privatized. So these claims are just claims and not proof which Mueller can base anything on.

It has been established that the volume of data transferred was too big to be obtained via internet in any sort of concealed way. The leaks were local and done with USB sticks. The murder investigation of Seth Rich needs to be re-opened and a criminal investigation launched against Dona Brazile for meddling in and derailing the Seth Rich murder investigation. Also, the cops involved in the case or their bosses need to be investigated for collusion with the Democratic Party to hide a murder crime.

BTW, the US information space is some sort of circus of the bizarre. Who hacked the Climategate emails was never an issue, but the factual leak exposing the electoral fraud inside the Democratic Party is somehow all about who hacked the emails. Do American voters get any intellectual credit from the anti-Trump lunatics. Suppose Russian hackers did get access to these emails and then leaked them. Then it is up to the voters to decide what to do with this information. Not up to the self-designated shepherds in the US MSM and the Democratic Party. Following the logic of the Russian hacking hysteria, any crime by a presidential candidate and their party must be hidden at all costs before any election. Since when was this democratic?
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 04 May 2019, 09:34:50

I find it interesting to read pieces that seem to run contrary to the outlets normal drivel.here is a good one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/opinions ... index.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 May 2019, 09:59:48

I believe what got the Democrats so angry about the summary is not it's inaccuracy, but that for three weeks they could not spin it to suit themselves. The full report agrees with the Barr summary. There was no Russian collusion and there was insufficient evidence to proceed with a charge of obstruction. Which is what Barr said in his summary.

Mueller could have been clear in his final report instead of mudding the water. He could have simply said, "There is insufficient evidence to warrant any further indictments in the matter of Russian interference in the 2016 election." You don't need 400 pages to say essentially that.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 04 May 2019, 17:17:45

Yes, I very much dislike what I’m seeing from the Left side on this matter. I’ve no idea how much traction this crap is getting with folks. Hopefully Joe6 Oack will see through this.

I’ve a lot luck diner tonight with a bunch of my old Leftie friends. Here’s hoping I don’t get roasted and thrown in the pot.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 04 May 2019, 18:34:13

Cog wrote:Mueller could have been clear in his final report instead of mudding the water. He could have simply said, "There is insufficient evidence to warrant any further indictments in the matter of Russian interference in the 2016 election." You don't need 400 pages to say essentially that.

The word in DC is that Mueller isn't in control of his hyper partisan D staff. The partisan Ds were pushing a ridiculous legal theory, and Mueller had to rein them in. Thats why the report is a hodge podge of anti-Trump vignettes compiled by the staff with what is an exculpatory summary and conclusions, written by Mueller.

Similary the letter Mueller sent to Barr was apparently written by the D staff who pressured Mueller into signing it and sending it. And then the letter was leaked to the press by the Ds on the Mueller team just before Barr's testimony in Congress, even though its against the law for DOJ lawyers to leak internal DOJ communications to the press.

The Mueller investigation is over, but apparently the sleaziness and illegal leaks coming from the Ds on the Mueller team will continue indefinitely.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sun 05 May 2019, 10:53:52

Plantagenet wrote:
Cog wrote:Mueller could have been clear in his final report instead of mudding the water. He could have simply said, "There is insufficient evidence to warrant any further indictments in the matter of Russian interference in the 2016 election." You don't need 400 pages to say essentially that.

The word in DC is that Mueller isn't in control of his hyper partisan D staff. The partisan Ds were pushing a ridiculous legal theory, and Mueller had to rein them in. Thats why the report is a hodge podge of anti-Trump vignettes compiled by the staff with what is an exculpatory summary and conclusions, written by Mueller.

Similary the letter Mueller sent to Barr was apparently written by the D staff who pressured Mueller into signing it and sending it. And then the letter was leaked to the press by the Ds on the Mueller team just before Barr's testimony in Congress, even though its against the law for DOJ lawyers to leak internal DOJ communications to the press.

The Mueller investigation is over, but apparently the sleaziness and illegal leaks coming from the Ds on the Mueller team will continue indefinitely.

Cheers!

That is not a benign situation. We have mafia levels of rot here and if Americans want to live in a sane country they need to push for a house cleaning. But instead they vote the D. freaks back into office.

I guess that is not too surprising. Most people believe the "independent" MSM like CNN. So we have 1930s levels of propaganda resulting in abuses of power.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 05 May 2019, 18:03:23

I no longer have any desire to live in the USA.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 05 May 2019, 19:16:12

Newfie wrote:I no longer have any desire to live in the USA.

Come now Newfie. You wouldn't want to miss the final act of the play would you?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 05 May 2019, 20:32:09

I can watch from the nose bleed seats, or catch the reruns. No need to be in the same room as the fan.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 05 May 2019, 23:22:00

Barr is OK with Mueller testifying before Congress on May 15.

But now Trump says he isn't OK.

I'm not sure there is anything Trump can do about it if Mueller wants to testify....I assume Mueller no longer works for the DOJ now that he has finished wasting 30 million dollars on a pointless investigation of Trump.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 06 May 2019, 03:45:59

The full unredacted Mueller report is sitting at the DOJ in a SCIF for any congressman to read. So far no Democrats have taken advantage of that opportunity.

I doubt whether most Congressmen have even read the redacted report. Except for the parts that tend to put Trump in a bad light.

If Mueller has cut ties with the DOJ completely, there is nothing the White House can do to stop him from testifying. I also doubt there will be anything useful coming from such testimony. He made his report as required. Its over. Or should be.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 06 May 2019, 21:29:01

Cog wrote:The full unredacted Mueller report is sitting at the DOJ in a SCIF for any congressman to read. So far no Democrats have taken advantage of that opportunity.

I doubt whether most Congressmen have even read the redacted report. Except for the parts that tend to put Trump in a bad light.

If Mueller has cut ties with the DOJ completely, there is nothing the White House can do to stop him from testifying. I also doubt there will be anything useful coming from such testimony. He made his report as required. Its over. Or should be.

1. I read somewhere that Mueller is still drawing a paycheck from the DOJ. If so, he is part of the Trump administration now.

2. The Steele dossiers is very explicit about senior Russians contacting Trump and other Rs for various nefarious purposes, even listing the dates and locations of their supposed meetings with their Russian handlers.

Now that Mueller has shown that the Steele dossier is a fabrication and Trump and the Rs aren't Russian spies, then either (1) Steele knowingly lied to the FBI about the false claims in his dossier that Trump and other Rs are Russian spies or (2) Steele was duped by the Russians and the Steele dossier is Russian disinformation, which then in turn duped the US intelligence services.

Either way, someone should ask Mueller why he didn't look into the possibility that the DNC and the Hillary campaign and Steele somehow got involved with the Russians and then disseminated Russian disinformation inside the FBI and to the US media.

There is a strong possibility that Mueller was also duped by the Russians and thats why he wouldn't investigate the Steele dossier.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 07 May 2019, 09:32:02

Plant,

Isn’t that where Barr is heading? That would explain why the ads are trying so hard to discredit him.

Either that or they have lost their minds. Perhaps a mix of this and the above.

Or they have some other strategy I can’t understand.

A part of me wants Barr to expose all the nasty crap, with no prejudice to party.

Another part of me dreads this because it just deepens the Balkanization. But that’s probably a lost cause now.

The paranoid part of me says that the most voraciously Ds are trying to whip up the crowds to storm the White House and lynch Trump and declare a new government. Maybe they think if they can control the biggest cities they can take over the government. Probably just one of my bad dreams, I hope. Rational me says “not a chance.” Yet there is that little voice.....
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Tue 07 May 2019, 12:56:16

The paranoid part of me says that the most voraciously Ds are trying to whip up the crowds to storm the White House and lynch Trump and declare a new government. Maybe they think if they can control the biggest cities they can take over the government.

Something the left needs to keep in mind here. If they woke up thinking they wanted to start a civil war they better think twice. Because I woke up wishing that they would.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Wed 08 May 2019, 17:24:38

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05- ... classified

Just wow.

Retroactive classification implies knowledge of fraud and is a coverup. The FBI needs to be investigated for D. Party corruption. No sane country can allow such abuse of power to stand. If American voters are to have free elections this criminal manipulation needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In hind sight, Obama looks like the worst president in US history. Hillary would have been even worse and illegitimate.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 08 May 2019, 22:53:53

They knew the dossier on Trump would never withstand serious scrutiny. It wasn't meant to. Trump wasn't supposed to win and we were never meant to know what we know now. Now the mad dash is on to cover up all the crimes committed to start this investigation on Russian collusion that never happened.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 09 May 2019, 09:41:18

dissident wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-08/christopher-steele-made-damning-pre-fisa-confession-fbi-retroactively-classified

Just wow.

Retroactive classification implies knowledge of fraud and is a coverup. The FBI needs to be investigated for D. Party corruption. No sane country can allow such abuse of power to stand. If American voters are to have free elections this criminal manipulation needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In hind sight, Obama looks like the worst president in US history. Hillary would have been even worse and illegitimate.

Ignoring Zerohedge I’ve been on this track for a couple of months.

That’s where I’m torn, an investigation of this sort will make the divide worse. Not sure it would prevent future abuses.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Thu 09 May 2019, 10:22:36

Newfie wrote:
dissident wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-08/christopher-steele-made-damning-pre-fisa-confession-fbi-retroactively-classified

Just wow.

Ignoring Zerohedge I’ve been on this track for a couple of months.

That’s where I’m torn, an investigation of this sort will make the divide worse. Not sure it would prevent future abuses.

Unfortunately you are right. The extreme division is dangerous and needs to be calmed. So the D. rat Party may get away with this crime.
dissident
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion