Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 12 Sep 2019, 18:56:44

Former FBI Asst director Andrew McCabe has just been recommended for prosecution for lying during the FBI internal investigation, including lying about Russia gate.

Curiously, McCabe was recently hired by MSNBC to be a political commentator.

I wonder if MSNBC will continue to use him as a commentator after he is in prison.

That would make for interesting TV....

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 11 Dec 2019, 13:39:11

aTranscript of NBC Interview with Bill Barr.

While there is much where I disagree with Barr I find him honorable, capable, and thoughtful. So I found this transcript informative.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ed_on.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 11 Dec 2019, 17:44:49

Plantagenet wrote:Former FBI Asst director Andrew McCabe has just been recommended for prosecution for lying during the FBI internal investigation, including lying about Russia gate.

Curiously, McCabe was recently hired by MSNBC to be a political commentator.

I wonder if MSNBC will continue to use him as a commentator after he is in prison.

That would make for interesting TV....

Cheers!

I always find it amusing how MSNBC pretends to be oh SO pious, as though they're totally different than FOX News in every way (not just political POV).

Of COURSE they hired McCabe. He'll say what their viewers want to hear!

And yet, in the real world, they're just trying to maximize revenue, and to hell with principle. I predict they'd hire McCabe after prision only IF they believe it will help the bottom line and they think they have an excuse their revenue stream (viewers) will buy en masse.

By the way, my comments are NO endorsement of anything re Trump -- purely on how silly I think it is that much of the left thinks MSNBC is a pile of angels from on high, while FOX is the devil incarnate. (And of course, the right usually thinks pretty much the opposite).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 08:18:41

In the past couple of days there has been som interesting news.

Comey has thrown his staff under the bus for the mistakes made in the FISA process. Said he could not know about mistakes made “7 layers down.”

Brennan has said mistakes were made and the FBI was overly aggressive, but not politically biased.

A FISA judge released a statement very critical of the FBI, basically saying it could not be trusted.

ABC/CBS/MSNBC did NOT report on the FISA judge statement.

I’m kind of surprised no one else has picked up and reported on these items.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 14:54:59

Fox reported on the Fisa court abuse. It doesn't fit the impeachment narrative, so the MSM continued with the theory that the FBI is as pure as the driven snow.

Course anyone could have watched the C-span coverage of the Senate IG hearings but that would be too boring.

The CIA knew that Carter Page was a CIA asset and told the FBI that very thing in an email. An FBI agent altered that email to say Page was not and sent that on to the Fisa court. That is just one of the 17 "errors" the FBI engaged in with respect to spying on the Trump campaign.

Interesting you can make 17 errors, as the IG pointed out, and none of these errors worked to Trump's benefit. What are the odds?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 15:15:58

Yeah, Horowitz continues today to clarify that he did not PROVE there was willing bias, but that he also could not get any logical explanation for all the mistakes.

Just the other day I did see something from CNN calling for FBI reform. Can’t find it right now.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Wed 18 Dec 2019, 23:31:03

Since when was willingness required to be proven before any house cleaning? Gross incompetence is reason all by itself for terminations without benefits. For demotions and for restructuring. And systematic "mistakes" that are basically impossible random chance are not mistakes. Human mistakes are random in nature. Having 17 systematic events occur in a sequence gives you:

P =P1 x P2 x P3 x ... x P17

where every Pn is much less than 1 (otherwise humans would not be able to do anything coherent). Plug in some numbers:

P = (0.1)^17 = 10^(-17)
P = (0.01)^17 = 10^(-34)

Probability of proton decay in a year is 10^(-33). Yeah, looks like simple human mistakes to me.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 08:34:39

So here is a very interesting article from Rolling Stone, hardly a bastion of the right wing.

I’m quoting the final paragraph below. The gist is the authors think there is more to know, a lot of bunk has been spewed, and MSM has a LOT of apologizing and correction to do. They give credit to the Washington Post for making some meager first steps.

If reporters were burned, they should be angry, and corrections should be forthcoming. If there isn’t an effort to reverse the wrong coverage, it will look like certain outlets (particularly cable channels) were complicit in knowingly giving oceans of airtime to shaky stories. It’s a bad look either way, but door number two is worse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ng-928081/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby careinke » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 22:28:10

Newfie wrote:So here is a very interesting article from Rolling Stone, hardly a bastion of the right wing.

I’m quoting the final paragraph below. The gist is the authors think there is more to know, a lot of bunk has been spewed, and MSM has a LOT of apologizing and correction to do. They give credit to the Washington Post for making some meager first steps.

If reporters were burned, they should be angry, and corrections should be forthcoming. If there isn’t an effort to reverse the wrong coverage, it will look like certain outlets (particularly cable channels) were complicit in knowingly giving oceans of airtime to shaky stories. It’s a bad look either way, but door number two is worse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ng-928081/

Nice article, thanks. +1

I like how it was arranged into five key questions that still need to be resolved.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 07:45:05

Another interview with Barr.

If I were Jim Comey or one of his top assistants I would be worried.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... takes.html

But to follow in to that there is something I don’t get. If Comey was out simply to dump on Trump then why all that noise and mess about the Clinton emails?

So I have a theory, or maybe a conspiracy theory, or maybe the makings of a novel. So here goes....all very hypothetical...

Comey sees himself as a later day Hoover, he wants to inflate his power. Clinton is looking like it’s gonna be a landslide, and Comey wants to give her a shot across the bow, to humble her, to make her feel his grip around her throat. So he releases his first statements, which up one out about the time some analysts are getting the idea not all is well with the campaign. Then he needs to back track on this, but then the Weiner thing blows up and he has to quiet that. So he stirs up a little threat to Hillary and it all goes pear shaped.

But he doesn’t learn and try to pull the same shit on Trump and is promptly fired.

So the theory is that Comey is not, or was not, really a partisan. He was and remains a power hungry narcissist. And now he is desperately trying to hold onto that over inflated view of himself, in increasingly difficult circumstances.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 10:31:58

One has to wonder if these news stories about the Durham will repeat what went on with Mueller. One would hope the press learned its lesson.

Brennan under investigation?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... estigation
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 08:03:47

Here is a Christmas gift to conspiracy theorist from RealClearInvestigations. Weirder and weirder. :-D

Comey/Corney

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 21746.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dissident » Thu 26 Dec 2019, 12:29:07

Since the trigger phrase "conspiracy theory" came up, I got triggered. Note how the western fake stream media keeps on talking about the hoax Russian election meddling as if it is some established fact. Even the grand inquisition against Trump initiated by the FISA fraud under Obama has failed to establish any such meddling. No, 85,000 (not 850,000,000) social media click bait ads which were 50/50 for Trump and Hillary paid for by some shady Russian company (more than likely linked to the Clintons) are not meddling. All the initial BS about actual vote hacking quickly dissipated because it never happened. And the DNC server hack was never established either since the FBI was never allowed to look over the allegedly hacked servers. This was a clear case of a local leak using volumes of data requiring local access with USB sticks. Seth Rich is being forgotten while fictional Russian hackers are being turned into God's own truth.

Chutzpah and lying won't get the lunatic decider clowns trying to run the USA far. They need to stop drinking their own propaganda koolaid since history has established a clear pattern of epic failure due to such hubris. This includes the "unstoppable" Napoleon and Hitler.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 03 Jan 2020, 14:48:56

The tinfoil is strong in this thread. Color me unimpressed.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Fri 03 Jan 2020, 16:11:18

It's tinfoil that the FBI is a corrupt organization? Better read the IG Fisa abuse report. When you are better informed we won't have to talk down to you.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 03 Jan 2020, 18:08:15

It was just released, through a Freedom if Information Act release, that McCabe had apologized for “misleading” the congressional committee. The act that got him fired. That he now claims is protected by his first amendment rights.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 07 Jan 2020, 17:46:42

Interesting article about how a Mueller’s investigation continued the same mistakes made under Coney. Seems pretty cut and dry.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/06/in ... bi-abuses/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 08:41:34

Any updates on the Durham report?

I thought it was to come out a couple of weeks ago.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 10:44:12

Durham is a prosecutor and if he is presenting evidence to a federal grand jury, we probably won't know until he indicts someone.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 12:46:12

Humm, a some weeks ago I read he was supposed to coming forth with the results of his. Investigation in a couple of weeks.

Not arguin gun with your statement, just confused once again.

Thanks for the reply.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion