Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 11 Jun 2019, 15:10:01

^1+++
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 12 Jun 2019, 15:31:34

Now Mueller's case against Gen. Flynn is going south.

flynn-hires-sidney-powell-muellers-pit-bull-meets-his-match-again

Flynn fired his attorneys (the ones who arranged his plea bargain with Mueller on one perjury charge) and has hired an attorney with a history of standing up to the DOJ. The new attorney --- Sidney Powell ----- says she needs 90 days to review all the case files.

Now that we know there was no Russian collusion, the whole persecution of Flynn looks very odd, especially since the FBI agents who interviewed him thought he was truthful, and Flynn wasn't told that that by Mueller. That is known as "witholding exculpatory evidence", and normally a case gets thrown out if it can be shown the prosecutors withheld information from the defence. Mueller decided to ignore normal legal niceties and turn the screws on Flynn, and rumor has it that Flynn pleaded guilty to one count of perjury because Mueller was threatening to go after his son if Flynn didn't cooperate.

IMHO its unlikely that Flyn would fire his original attorneys and hire Ms. Powell just to re-submit his guilty plea. I wouldn't be surprised to see Flynn withdraw his guilty plea and ask to go to court, especially given all the odd things about his case. If he does withdraw his guilty plea, this will be a chance to put the Mueller investigation on trail. For instance, Flynn could ask to see the phone records from Peter Strzok----the FBI agent who interviewed him. Oh gosh....those emails were all destroyed by the Mueller investigation....so sorry!. And the original iPhone? Oh...the Mueller people smashed it into tiny pieces. Hmmmmm.....I wonder why.

CHeers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 26 Jun 2019, 01:16:05

Mueller has been suppoened by two house committees and presumably he will honor the subpoenas and testify in open session.

This should be excellent political theatre. The word from DC is that Mueller isn't quite as sharp as he used to be in younger days, hence his bizarre conclusions in his report and his one gobbledegook public statement about it.

Hopefully Mueller will pull it together for his public testimony and speak in a coherent way. Its even possible his testimony will help the Ds grow and spine and start impeachment hearings against Trump.

I hope somebody asks Mueller why he didn't interview Julian Assange? And why didn't he even have the FBI examine the DNC sever? And when did he figure out that there was no collusion between Trump and the Russians? And why did he destroy the email records for Peter Strzok and Lisa Page during the time they worked for him----and if there any exculpatory information in those emails that he failed to provide to defendants? And why didn't Mueller investigate collusion between the Russians and the DNC and the Hillary campaign to pass off the Steele Dossier as verified intelligence data instead of Russian disinformation? And why didn't he look into the 3 million dollars the Ukrainians paid Hunter Biden right before the Ukrainians supplied misinformation to the FBI?

There are lots of questions that still need answers....BOb Mueller's got a lot of 'splaining to do.

CHEERS!
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 26 Jun 2019, 06:01:35

Mueller said not even a month ago that his 400 page report speaks for itself. Why testify now? Mueller didn't indict anyone in this report and found insufficient evidence to proceed on collusion and obstruction by anyone. His job is over. Could it be that the Trump impeachment is going nowhere and the House Dems are trying get it back on track by Mueller adding some gasoline to the fire?

I agree Plant that Mueller has a lot to answer for and once again this is going to backfire spectacularly for the Dems. I'll be watching this one closely.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 26 Jun 2019, 16:14:35

Trump just accused Mueller of committing a crime when he deleted the anti-Trump text messages of Peter Strzok and his lover Lisa Page.

trump-slams-mueller-illegally-deleting-evidence-uncovered

Technically, I think Trump is right. When you are using a government owned phone, with the phone service paid by the government, the phone should only be used for official business. Mueller probably broke some "open records" law when he had the phones deleted and the government records (and the lovers personal sex talk and anti-Trump diatribes) destroyed. Mueller the "straight arrow" was pretty crooked it turns out.

A more serious problem is that those phones contained official records of parts of the Mueller investigation. Mueller has no right to selectively delete some records and not others---the fact he would do that shows bias. There is a good chance the phones contained exculpatory evidence showing that the investigators were biased against Trump and his fellow republicans.

In these cases normally the investigators aren't charged with a crime, but instead all charges against those prosecuted are dismissed due to the incompetence and/or overt bias of the investigators. I doubt that will happen here because the Mueller investigation is part of the D partisan witch hunt, and normal rules don't seem to apply any more in DC.
Last edited by Plantagenet on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 16:16:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Its a brave new world"
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Wed 26 Jun 2019, 16:15:04

Cog wrote:Mueller said not even a month ago that his 400 page report speaks for itself. Why testify now? Mueller didn't indict anyone in this report and found insufficient evidence to proceed on collusion and obstruction by anyone. His job is over. Could it be that the Trump impeachment is going nowhere and the House Dems are trying get it back on track by Mueller adding some gasoline to the fire?

I agree Plant that Mueller has a lot to answer for and once again this is going to backfire spectacularly for the Dems. I'll be watching this one closely.

It's the same facts do not stand in the way of our agenda BS that we saw in the EU where accession referendums were held under the "correct" results were obtained (for the EU, aka EUSSR). Here the D. Party wants Trump impeached and for collusion to be "proven" even if no collusion was found by a pro D. Party hack. Even brazen bias in their favor is not enough for the D. Party.

Americans need to wake up and smell the coffee. This includes the Republicans. The behavior of the D. Party and the hordes of fake left SJWs is very ominous. The open targeting of moderate conservative voices in social media underscores some sort of creeping remodeling of the US political system and culture into a very nasty regime. I never thought I would see such a thing happening.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Wed 26 Jun 2019, 16:24:35

Plantagenet wrote:Trump just accused Mueller of committing a crime when he deleted the anti-Trump text messages of Peter Strzok and his lover Lisa Page.

trump-slams-mueller-illegally-deleting-evidence-uncovered

Technically, I think Trump is right. When you are using a government owned phone, with the phone service paid by the government, the phone should only be used for official business. Mueller probably broke some "open records" law when he had the phones deleted.

A more serious problem is that those phones contained official records of parts of the Mueller investigation. Mueller has no right to selectively delete some records and not others---the fact he would do that shows bias. There is a good chance the phones contained exculpatory evidence showing that the investigators were biased against Trump and his fellow republicans.

In these cases normally the investigators aren't charged with a crime, but instead all charges against those prosecuted are dismissed due to the incompetence and/or overt bias of the investigators. I doubt that will happen here because the Mueller investigation is part of the D partisan witch hunt, and normal rules don't seem to apply any more in DC.

You don't have to guess. Government e-mails and phone messages cannot be deleted to comply with Freedom of Information laws. There is an expiry date, but not after several years. So Trump is right on target.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to North America Discussion