Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Special Counsel Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Special Counsel Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby dissident » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 19:51:42

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02- ... oger-stone

1984 style abuse of human rights by the state.

The US constitution needs an amendment to remove most of the constructs called "process crimes". Resisting arrest is not the same as failing to ideally remember something even from several days ago. Trapping people with such "perjury" is BS.

What is the point of solving actual crimes when "process crimes" can be used to put anyone away for whatever political motive?
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 21:48:40

Cog wrote:Never talk to a federal agent with or without an attorney. You can not talk your way out of a prosecution but you can easily talk yourself into a perjury conviction.

So you refuse to speak under any circumstances? And then face obstruction of justice charges, etc?

If you've done nothing wrong, some level of cooperation (without being a blabbermouth) would seem to make sense.

The only government entity I repeatedly interact with, re enforcement is the income tax authorities. (They ask questions and demand penalties -- they're usually wrong).

I find that behaving responsibly, responding, and clearly stating your case and providing relevant figures, etc. seems to work rather well.

I can't imagine how refusing to respond would work well at all, over time.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 01:24:45

Cog wrote:Never talk to a federal agent with or without an attorney. You can not talk your way out of a prosecution but you can easily talk yourself into a perjury conviction.

Truth +1
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 03:51:03

Outcast_Searcher wrote:

So you refuse to speak under any circumstances? And then face obstruction of justice charges, etc?

I'm pretty sure I have some sort of right that allows me not to talk to these guys.... :roll:
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 06:53:47

Outcast It is not obstruction to refuse to answer questions from a federal agent. Obstruction would be destroying evidence or convincing other to lie or destroy evidence of a crime. We still have something called the Fifth Amendment. I have no obligation to assist your investigation whether it concerns me or not.

Never speak with a federal agent. Specifically I'm referring to the FBI. But in the case of the IRS, you are trying to claim a tax deduction or declare income, provide the documentation and let your tax professional do the talking. Fines are much more likely in IRS cases than criminal prosecutions.
Federal law enforcement is not your friend during an investigation. Mayberry was a TV show. Local law enforcement has different rules but I'm speaking specifically about federal agents.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 07:36:32

But let's say Cog's knowledge about a crime is somehow a key element to prosecuting someone else. A federal prosecutor can convene a federal grand jury and compel me to attend. My fifth amendment rights are still in effect UNLESS I am given immunity for the testimony I'm now compelled to give.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 19:36:45

careinke wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have some sort of right that allows me not to talk to these guys.... :roll:

Nice theory.

So the next time you get pulled over by a cop, refuse to cooperate, answer questions, or show your license. Because you're sure you have some sort of right not to. And enjoy your time in jail, while they figure out who you are. And then, whether they decide to file other charges.

Think of all the folks who refused to pay their income taxes because the constitution (supposedly) doesn't give the feds the right to collect such taxes. How do you suppose that worked out for the "tax protestors" over time?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 22:00:02

In a traffic stop you are obligated to show your license and proof of insurance. That is it. You are not obligated to answer any other questions. You are free to chat with the officer about all sorts of things unrelated to the traffic stop, buts its no crime not to. A police officer may want to ask all sorts of questions but it's not a crime not to cooperate with his fishing expedition.

Throwing out multiple strawman arguments is not helping you here outcast. An attorney would tell you exactly what I'm saying. Do not consent to an interview with a federal agent without counsel present. And a lot of attorneys are going to recommend you not talk to them at all, with or without counsel. You have nothing to gain.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 21:26:45

In a court filing today by the Special Counsel, pages of evidence were provided to the judge hearing the Roger Stone case demonstrating that Roger Stone directly coordinated with Russian Intelligence agents previously indicted for Conspiracy against the United States to subvert the 2016 Presidential Election.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 21:32:25

That's not what the indictment says Cid. Unless you believe that Wikileaks is a tool of Russian intelligence. I don't. Assange has repeatedly said his source for the hacked emails is not Russia.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/muelle ... -wikileaks

Special Counsel Robert Mueller on Friday claimed in a new court filing that prosecutors have evidence that former Trump adviser Roger Stone communicated with WikiLeaks, the organization that released hacked Democratic emails during the 2016 campaign.

Here is a CNN link if you don't like Fox. There is no mention of Russian agents Cid.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics ... index.html
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 21:47:06

Not talking about the Indictment. These were court filings demonstrating why Roger Stone's case was directly linked to the Indictment of the multiple Russian agents, which Stone's lawyers was challenging.

Also today, at Manafort's sentencing hearing, the Special Counsel provided evidence to the judge that Manafort, while Campaign Chairman, directly communicated with Russian intelligence, recommending a sentence of 19 to 24 years.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Fri 15 Feb 2019, 22:03:09, edited 1 time in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 21:59:00

You mean those Russian agents who will never stand trial in the United States? Are those the Russian agents you are referring to? Its easy to charge anyone with anything without a shred of evidence since you never have to provide discovery to convict them.

To this day, there has been no evidence that Russia hacked those emails from the DNC and Podesta. We have the word of Crowdstrike, a company that worked directly for the DNC. No independent FBI analysis was ever done on the DNC servers. Those servers have since been wiped.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 22:06:52

Only in your twisted mind.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 22:24:31

Speaking of twisted minds:

In one exchange, Page asked: “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”

“I’m afraid we can’t take that risk [of Trump winning]. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.”

So where is it in the FBI field manual that the job of the FBI is to stop someone from being elected president?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 22:50:57

Cog wrote:
So where is it in the FBI field manual that the job of the FBI is to stop someone from being elected president?

Even worse then that is the admission by McCabe that he and Rosenstein and a few others at the top of the FBI and the DOJ were plotting to remove President Trump from office.

Thanks goodness most of these people have resigned or have been fired. The last thing we need is a cabal of plotters within the government scheming to overturn our democratic elections and subvert our democratic system.

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Feb 2019, 23:06:09

The longer this investigation goes on the more dirty players are revealed by it. I warned Cid two years ago that all roads lead back to the Clintons and their supporters within the DOJ/FBI. Everything you see playing out here is an attempt to cover up what Hillary and crew were up to. Had she won, there would have been no need for a special counsel to run cover for her.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 20 Feb 2019, 21:11:33

Looks like Mueller is wrapping up his freak show if CNN can be believed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1Q92G9

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice may announce as early as next week that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has given the attorney general his report on the federal Russia investigation, CNN said on Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 22 Mar 2019, 16:10:22

BREAKING: Special Counsel Mueller submits report to Attorney General William Barr, concluding probe.

No details yet, but soon we will see if Trump was a Russian agent as has been claimed.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 22 Mar 2019, 16:13:32

Cog wrote:BREAKING: Special Counsel Mueller submits report to Attorney General William Barr, concluding probe.

No details yet, but soon we will see if Trump was a Russian agent as has been claimed.

Either Trump is a Russian agent, or the wacky Ds in Congress like Adam Schiff who claimed they had seen "secret" info proving Trump colluded with the Russians are liars and frauds.

My bet is on the D Trump haters being liars and frauds.

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 22 Mar 2019, 17:12:56

According to Fox News, the report recommends no further indictments. If true, the Trump kids are in the clear along with the president with regard to Russia. There might be tax issues still in play with New York courts.

If there is no Russian collusion in the report Cid Yama has a lot of crow to eat.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion