Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Saudi Aramco IPO

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Saudi Aramco IPO

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 09 Oct 2019, 19:08:49

Saudi Aramco is reportedly going to release the prospectus for its IPO by the end of October

aramco-ipo-prospectus-expected-to-be-filed-by-end-of-the-month

Things get discussed and debated at Peak Oil for years, and its rare that someone is proved to be completely right in everything they said. However this is such a time, and I want to take a victory lap here and now to celebrate the absolute correctness of everything I've posted about on this topic. For years I've maintained that the Saudi Aramco IPO would never get done in New York or London or any other major global exchange because the Saudis wouldn't be willing to go through the public disclosure process that is required.

And today I'm proven to be absolutely correct. The Saudis have now officially given up on their plans to do their IPO in New York or on any other American stock exchange. They aren't going to list in London or Paris either No.....the prospectus for the Saudi IPO says that they will be listed on the Tadawul Exchange.

The what?????

The Tadawul Exchange. Its the local Saudi Arabian stock exchange. Needless to say, no extensive public disclosure will be required.

By Jove I am right again!!!!. Hoo-RAY!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: Saudi Aramco IPO

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 09 Oct 2019, 23:04:04

However this is such a time, and I want to take a victory lap here and now to celebrate the absolute correctness of everything I've posted about on this topic. For years I've maintained that the Saudi Aramco IPO would never get done in New York or London or any other major global exchange because the Saudis wouldn't be willing to go through the public disclosure process that is required.

Ridiculous given Aramco already disclosed everything (reserves and financial records for past 3 years) that would be required in an IPO through their debt issue, or did you conveniently forget that?

And today I'm proven to be absolutely correct. The Saudis have now officially given up on their plans to do their IPO in New York or on any other American stock exchange. They aren't going to list in London or Paris either No.....the prospectus for the Saudi IPO says that they will be listed on the Tadawul Exchange.

They have said the initial listing will be on the Saudi exchange. They have been saying that for nearly a year now so not sure why you are surprised by it. It is the next listing that is still in question 9 (there isn't nearly enough liquidity on the Saudi exchange for them to simply list just there) and they have been talking about Japan as of late. London, New York, Japan and Hong Kong were all exchanges they have mentioned previously and months ago they suggested New York wouldn't work because of the potential legal consequences with regards to potential class-action lawsuits as a result of 911. They recently said Hong Kong would probably not work because of the unrest and trade war and London was excluded due to Brexit. If they choose to list on the Tokoyo Stock Exchange it is the third-largest in the world and has all of the continuous disclosure requirements of all the other exchanges.

So 1. they always planned to start with a listing on the Saudi exchange and have talked about that almost since day 1.
2. the reason the US doesn't work for them is the fear of being pulled into a class-action lawsuit related to 911 claims (they have said this on numerous occasions)
3. they have already disclosed everything that would be required in an IPO anywhere in the world through the debt offering
and 4. the next listing which may be on Tokyo (according to Aramco) would require all the on-going disclosure that NYSE or LSE would.

You seem to have a selective memory on all of this.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance