Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 3 (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Unread postby StarvingLion » Sat 31 Aug 2019, 13:15:36

Anybody who pays more than $10K US (as of 2020) for an EV is:

A Financial Idiot

In 2025, that will be $5K.

In other words, this Tesla scam is the equivalent of selling $100 bills for $50.

The EV Shitheads want to tax the Oil Industry which already can't pay any taxes.
The EV Shitheads want the broke governments to subsidize EV's when they can barely keep the food stores running.

The Musk con sticks a trillion $ by looting the treasury in his bank account and you suckers congratulate him...HAHAHAHAHA.

You "people" are so braindead its beyond hope.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Sat 31 Aug 2019, 18:31:40

Admit it, the

EV cannot use Lithium or Cobalt. Can't source it.

You people need to invent a Water device that isn't a fuel cell.

Turn the ocean into Ghawar Oil Field.

Thats the only hope.

You know I'm right as always.

Bye now
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 01 Sep 2019, 14:00:18

StarvingLion wrote:Admit it, the

EV cannot use Lithium or Cobalt. Can't source it.

You people need to invent a Water device that isn't a fuel cell.

Turn the ocean into Ghawar Oil Field.

Thats the only hope.

You know I'm right as always.

Bye now

Well, why don't you go ahead and credibly document how there is no lithium or cobalt, then?

Oh, and why don't you disprove the fact that technologies which reduce the amount of cobalt needed in LI batteries is being reduced significantly, via work Tesla is doing?

(Hint: google: "tesla reduced cobalt in batteries").

You can't of course, and yet you continue to spew such nonsense. Why bother?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 01 Sep 2019, 14:11:12

StarvingLion wrote:The EV Shitheads want to tax the Oil Industry which already can't pay any taxes.

You "people" are so braindead its beyond hope.

In the real world, 12% or so re an effective tax rate isn't 0%. If you don't LIKE the rules re corporate tax rates, I suggest you try doing something about it instead of whining and lying like a small child.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/i ... -taxes.asp

MANY, MANY businesses get all sorts of tax breaks by the way, to incent businesses to produce things, build things, etc. When GM or Apple doesn't pay taxes in a given year due to deferrments, loss carryforwards, etc., there is always lots of shrill yelling and crying on the left -- but it doesn't mean those companies/industries "don't pay taxes" -- at least to people with economic acumen (and ability to look things up) higher than, say, an eggplant.

And oh, by the way, it's not as if the oil industry isn't making plenty of money, even with moderate oil prices. (Big hint: when 2019 isn't a record, it doesn't mean zero profits, a concept fast crash doomers, who call almost EVERYTHING that isn't record profits "a crash" seems unable to comprehend).

I wouldn't call near record profits in 2018 being unable to make any money, for example:

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=39413

Now, if the oil industry objectively can't make any money for say, 5 straight years, re false claims by the ETP Bozo, be SURE and get back to us on how the oil industry can't afford to pay taxes, because if THAT happens, you MAY begin to have a point, at least for the short term.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 18:10:32

I'm sorry -- I know its a very serious situation-- but I laughed out loud when I read this TESLA story. A truck was transporting multiple Teslas down highway I-80 in Nevada and the Teslas spontaneously combusted on the truck as it was driving down the freeway.

fully-engulfed-flames-truck-hauling-tesla-vehicles-spontaneously-combusts-i-80]

This just happened, so there isn't a lot of information yet. The freeway has been closed and four separate fire crews are apparently trying to put out the truckload of burning Teslas.

The Tesla super-factory is in Nevada, so this truckload of new Teslas may have just left the factory en route to delivery somewhere.......but instead one or perhaps all of them spontaneously combusted.

I can't wait to see what excuse Elon Musk comes up with this time to explain why a whole truckload of Teslas spontaneously combusted. :roll:

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby kublikhan » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 18:42:56

Plantagenet wrote:I'm sorry -- I know its a very serious situation-- but I laughed out loud when I read this TESLA story. A truck was transporting multiple Teslas down highway I-80 in Nevada and the Teslas spontaneously combusted on the truck as it was driving down the freeway.

fully-engulfed-flames-truck-hauling-tesla-vehicles-spontaneously-combusts-i-80]

This just happened, so there isn't a lot of information yet. The freeway has been closed and four separate fire crews are apparently trying to put out the truckload of burning Teslas.

The Tesla super-factory is in Nevada, so this truckload of new Teslas may have just left the factory en route to delivery somewhere.......but instead one or perhaps all of them spontaneously combusted.

I can't wait to see what excuse Elon Musk comes up with this time to explain why a whole truckload of Teslas spontaneously combusted. :roll:

Cheers!
That's not what the news article says. It says the truck caught fire, not the Tesla's spontaneously combusted. But as usual zerohedge links to a legitimate story but conjures up a clickbait headline. It may turn out that this was caused by a spontaneously combusting Tesla, but we don't know that yet. All we know as of now is the truck caught fire.

A truck hauling Tesla vehicles caught fire Tuesday night on Interstate 80 near Carlin, forcing the Nevada Highway Patrol to close the freeway to eastbound traffic.

The incident was called in at about 9:10 p.m.

The truck’s cargo of electric vehicles was fully engulfed in flames.

NHP closed the eastbound lane of the freeway just west of Carlin in order to clean up debris. Work continued into the morning.

Eureka Sheriff's Office, Carlin Fire Department and the Elko County Fire Protection District responded, as well as City of Elko and Lee Engine Company.

Further details on the incident were not available from the highway patrol.
Truck hauling electric vehicles catches fire on I-80 near Carlin

The last time this happened it wasn't a short in the Teslas that caused the fire but a problem with the truck itself so it's best not to jump to conclusions.

July 2nd 2018 - A semi-truck carrying Tesla vehicles caught fire early Thursday morning on I-80 east near Patrick. The driver said that the front axles heated up, and then caught fire, but luckily none of the cars inside were affected. No injuries were reported, and traffic was not blocked at any point.
Semi-Truck Hauling Teslas Catches Fire on I-80 Near Patrick
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 19:13:29

kublikhan wrote: the news article ... says the truck caught fire, not the Tesla's spontaneously combusted. But as usual zerohedge links to a legitimate story but conjures up a clickbait headline. It may turn out that this was caused by a spontaneously combusting Tesla, but we don't know that yet. All we know as of now is the truck caught fire.

Good point. Thats why I like your posts so much. You are very thoughtful in your appraisal of most things.

The image of an entire truck of Teslas spontaneously combusting may just be clickbait.

Congrats to you for catching that.

Cheers!

PS....if the ICE truck caused the fire that burned up the Teslas that would be a first! There are plenty of Teslas that have caught on fire and burned up the Ice vehicles around them, but I can't think of any cases where the ICE vehicle was the first to catch on fire.

It will be interesting to see how this finally turns out ........
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 19:21:54

I just googled on the truck fire and found.......an older story about a car-carrier truck full of Teslas that burned up in Nevada back in August.

trailer-full-burnt-teslas-found-mysteriously-parked-i-80-nevada-

In this case Tesla blamed the fire on the brakes on the trailer, which supposedly caught fire and burned up 7 Teslas on the back of the truck. Wow! That must have been one heck of a large brake fire, especially when you consider that brake pads are inflammable and so is brake fluid. And even more mysteriously, the tires on the trailer seen OK! Somehow the brake fire didn't touch the tires, but instead only burned things up in the trailer. And what was in the truck trailer? There were the charred remains of 7 Teslas, all completely incinerated!!!

------------------

Tesla really should fix its cars AND take better care of it's delivery trucks. Thats two big truck fires in two months!! Tesla is burning up hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory just trying to truck the cars to the buyers.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 19:53:22

Plantagenet wrote:I just googled on the truck fire and found.......an older story about a car-carrier truck full of Teslas that burned up in Nevada back in August.

In this case Tesla blamed the fire on the brakes on the truck, which supposedly caught fire and burned up 7 Teslas on the back of the truck. Wow! That must have been one heck of a large brake fire, especially when you consider that brake pads are inflammable and so is brake fluid. And even more mysteriously, the truck itself appears mostly OK! Its just all 7 Teslas that were incinerated!!!

------------------

Tesla really should take better care of it's delivery trucks. Thats two truck fires in two months!! Tesla is burning up hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory just trying to truck the cars to the buyers.

Yeah, gotta agree with your assumption Plant, given Tesla's:

1). Penchant for having car battery packs that when they burn, THEY BURN.

2). Tesla being evasive to outright lying on ANY news which may reflect badly on Tesla. (Given it's Musk at the helm, I suspect I know where that comes from).

3). From the photo, the truck looking unscathed by fire and the Tesla's more or less all burned to a crisp -- how the fire magically does that (if it was from the truck brakes) would be, ahem, some kind of miraculous event, IMO.

FWIW, inflammable and flammable both mean they burn easily. From my brief research, brake fluid is inflammable, but only at quite high temps. From my research, my experience, and common sense (given what happens to heavily used brake pads re heating) brake pads aren't inflammable, even when the brakes are melting in places.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby kublikhan » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 20:05:48

Plantagenet wrote:I just googled on the truck fire and found.......an older story about a car-carrier truck full of Teslas that burned up in Nevada back in August.

In this case Tesla blamed the fire on the brakes on the trailer, which supposedly caught fire and burned up 7 Teslas on the back of the truck. Wow! That must have been one heck of a large brake fire, especially when you consider that brake pads are inflammable and so is brake fluid. And even more mysteriously, the tires on the trailer seen OK! Somehow the brake fire didn't touch the tires, but instead only burned things up in the trailer. And what was in the truck trailer? There were the charred remains of 7 Teslas, all completely incinerated!!!

------------------

Tesla really should fix its cars AND take better care of it's delivery trucks. Thats two big truck fires in two months!! Tesla is burning up hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory just trying to truck the cars to the buyers.
It's not mysterious. Brakes can overheat all the time. Especially in a large truck like a car hauler. Here's some other car hauler fires from the brakes catching fire. No Tesla's this time, yet cars are still gutted.

With cars catching fire and some exploding while being transported on a semitruck along southbound I-75 Tuesday, Woodhaven Fire Chief Michael Clark said an investigation has pinpointed the cause. Clark said Wednesday that the brakes on the car hauler overheated, which caused the wheels to overheat. He said the tires caught fire and then the blaze began to spread to the cars. Clark said some of the vehicles had gasoline in the tank, and that is why they exploded. According to Clark, the truck driver made the initial 911 call upon realizing the cars were on fire. The fire chief spoke with the truck driver as the fire departments worked to put out the blaze. “I think he was a little surprised how fast is spread”
Fire chief pinpoints reason car hauler burst into flames traveling down I-75 in Woodhaven

A semi truck hauling cars stopped traffic on Monday morning, after its trailer brakes caught fire. It happened on Route 2 in Lancaster, Massachusetts. According to firefighter Scott LaPrade, the fire started when the semi truck’s brakes overheated, setting one of the hauled cars ablaze. Sentinel & Enterprise reported that several of the hauled cars were damaged as the fire spread. Smoke clouded the sky and traffic was slowed as a result.
Car hauler’s brakes catch fire, leading to chain reaction crash

A hauler truck carrying six vehicles caught fire overnight Tuesday on I-10 in Harrison County, shutting down the interstate while firefighters put out the flames. Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said it happened in the westbound lane near mile marker 22, just west of Menge Avenue. The hauler was transporting eight cars from Florida to Texas when the rear brakes on the truck caught fire. The flames quickly spread to six of the eight cars.

Video
WATCH: Six cars being towed on hauler catch fire on I-10
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 20:25:58

OK, Kub. Fair enough. Very counter-intuitive to me how the fire would spread to the cars and the truck look so pristine (in the Tesla case), but maybe that's what happened.

With Tesla battery packs though, and the way they burn, once one of those gets going, it's pretty much game over for any other nearby cars without MAJOR fire suppression quickly.

Two of these a month apart seems like a lot, with both hauling Teslas. These things happen, but it's not like I frequently don't get my goods delivered because the truck caught on fire.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 27 Sep 2019, 12:50:25

Hi Baby, would you like to take a ride in my *hot* Tesla?...HAHAHAHAHAHA. Hello Lawyer, I want to update my will; no longer require cremation service...thats what Tesla CV (Cremation Vehicle) is for...Hahahaha.

Last edited by StarvingLion on Fri 27 Sep 2019, 13:58:50, edited 1 time in total.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 27 Sep 2019, 13:53:34

What happened to baha?

Answer: He loaded up on TSLA stock. It crashed. Wife declared him a Financial Idiot for buying a $40K EV thats worth $5K. Divorced him.

Conclusion: baha was last seen at the local Food Bank mumbling shit about climate change. Next Stop: Bridge, then jump into water
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sun 29 Sep 2019, 07:37:37

------------------

It's worth remembering that some trailers have inboard brakes, that is the brakes are not in the wheel hub, but half way along the axle between the wheels. This means thay could completely burn out without touching the tyres. Another thing to consider is the fact that EV's are generally significantly heavier than ICE cars due to the weight of the battery. Car transporter companies probably need to reevaluate the loadings on their vehicles and carry one car less to avoid the possible overloading that is causing the brakes to overheat.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 15:03:58

dolanbaker wrote:Car transporter companies probably need to reevaluate the loadings on their vehicles and carry one car less to avoid the possible overloading that is causing the brakes to overheat.

That's a point worth considering. I suppose it matters how how much margin such trucks are designed for. And perhaps the expected terrain for the delivery. Typical Indiana terrain is far different than, say, a Rocky Mountain pass.

You'd think such things should be obvious to a trucking company, but with the tendency to maximize profit and minimize employee pay (where the perception is it "won't matter") to get that profit -- perhaps not.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 16:58:44

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:Car transporter companies probably need to reevaluate the loadings on their vehicles and carry one car less to avoid the possible overloading that is causing the brakes to overheat.

That's a point worth considering. I suppose it matters how how much margin such trucks are designed for. And perhaps the expected terrain for the delivery. Typical Indiana terrain is far different than, say, a Rocky Mountain pass.

You'd think such things should be obvious to a trucking company, but with the tendency to maximize profit and minimize employee pay (where the perception is it "won't matter") to get that profit -- perhaps not.

What about drivers who actually know how to drive a truck?
You know, jake brake, and shifting to lower gears when going down a mountain pass. The good old skill of actually driving a truck.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 17:15:27

Lets look at all the facts concerning the car carriers whose brakes are catching on fire and burning up truckloads of Teslas.

We actually don't know if these faulty trailers are owned by independent trucking companies, or if they are owned by Tesla itself.

tesla-buys-car-carrier-hauling-trucks-trailers

Yup....earlier this year Tesla filed a form with the SEC concerning their purchase of trucks and car transport trailers to be used in transporting and delivering new Teslas.

The form states: As part of Tesla’s ongoing logistics strategy to increase its vehicle transport capacity, reduce vehicle transportation time, and improve the timeliness of scheduled deliveries, Tesla agreed to issue shares of Tesla’s common stock in connection with its acquisition of certain car-hauling trucks and trailers from Central Valley Auto Transport, Inc. (“Central Valley” or the “selling stockholder”), an automotive transport provider.

Elon Musk himself said that Tesla was moving from "Production hell" to "Logistics hell" as the company struggled to deliver Teslas to buyers. Hence Tesla bought its own delivery trucks last March.

This means there is a good chance that the trucks and trailers that burned up at least two loads of Teslas were actually owned by Tesla.

Perhaps Elon Musk will now put regenerative brakes on the Tesla trucks and car transport trailers.....at the least he should maintain their brakes a bit better.

Its just another truckload of Teslas burning up along I-80 in Nevada. Nothing to worry about.....

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GHung » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 17:29:11

Plantagenet wrote:Lets look at all the facts .......

Gosh. Is Planty turning over a new leaf?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:15:00

GHung wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Lets look at all the facts .......

Gosh. Is Planty turning over a new leaf?

Hi Gungie.

No one is perfect. Every day I try to do something positive.

You can turn over a new leaf too. Just try to post some interesting and factual instead of your usual content-free ad homs.

Its really easy to do....just copy the format in my post above discussing the recent SEC filing by Tesla.

Try posting about something factual instead of your usual ad hom attacks, then provide a link in your post to document those facts, and then express your own opinion or add a witty bon hom or highlight some aspect of the facts for additional discussion in the thread.

Before you know you're having an actual conversation. Try it....I know you can do it if you try.

OK---here's your chance......If you've got any facts to contribute to this discussion please post them now.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:30:40

Plantagenet wrote:Before you know you're having an actual conversation.

So bash his post as ad hom while slinging your using passive-aggressive patronizing attitude. Typical hypocrisy.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology