Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby jesus_of_suburbia » Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:19:04

PeakOil.com's Ben Carson wrote:The deep state "leftists" or Sorosites have no particular dislike for guns. In fact, they would feel fully justified in mowing down their political "enemies" (they see enemies everywhere).

It's hilarious the lengths you go to defending Trump just because you think he is Putin's buddy, and you want to suck Putin off.

Unlike you, "Leftists" have no affinity for pro-capitalist scum like George Soros or Hillary Clinton. People defending Clinton are neoliberals, who are basically slightly left centrists. You are obviously a capitalist shill since you admire the physical embodiment of American capitalism that is Donald Trump.
jesus_of_suburbia
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:52:00

Wow jesus, you managed to hit every single commie talking point. Well done man
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:49:46

jesus_of_suburbia wrote:
Unlike you, "Leftists" have no affinity for pro-capitalist scum like George Soros or Hillary Clinton. People defending Clinton are neoliberals, who are basically slightly left centrists. You are obviously a capitalist shill since you admire the physical embodiment of American capitalism that is Donald Trump.

Look, I'm in the middle of the spectrum on average, politically. (I look at issues one at a time, and range from far left to far right, depending on the issue. So I basically manage to anger everyone over time. I also manage to confuse many stupid people who think that everyone must fit consistently into some party mold, or they're insane, etc).

I subscribe to the NYT, since though I don't like how far they lean left, at least it's a decent paper (considering how poor the remaining choices are). So, I get a pretty decent look at how the left views HRC and Trump over time.

First, it is possible to be a responsible capitalist. To try to make a profit AND treat the environment and people with a reasonable amount of respect. Even if far left loonies that think camping out on someone else's property and making random protests somehow will magically fix capitalism, etc. (Less companies are being responsible capitalists lately, which is unfortunate, but that doesn't make "all capitalism evil", no matter how loudly the far left shrieks that it's so).

Even if you are right about some extremist far left fringe that represents a few percent of the population hating HRC and Soros -- so what? Aside from protesting and whining, it's not like those people will end up running the country over time, any more than the extreme right wing is, for example, winning the majority of hearts or minds by bombing abortion clinics, pretending evolution isn't real, or trying to deny same sex couples the right to marry, and on and on.

So what's the point? That for every Cog there is an extreme leftist?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 04:52:08

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So what's the point? That for every Cog there is an extreme leftist?

Exactly, when you have issues reduced to binary tribal positions then were is that rational middle ground?

Regarding Trump that will be his downfall, he lives in a world of them against me, he always has, a rich NYC sheister who was snubbed by the intelligentsia, this has framed his whole psyche. He promoted tribal binary thinking and he lives and dies by this singular equation.

We have to all remember that in the end of this Trump story, looking back at the rise and fall of Trump, the final indictment will not be so much on the man Trump himself, who in hindsight everyone will recognize as having been a flawed pathological character all along, no the indictment will fall on to American citizens who so easily got duped by a shyster.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 05:22:59

In three years, after Trump has finished his first term you will owe me $100. I hope you won't welch on the deal although my confidence is not high on the matter.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 09:30:03

Ibon wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:So what's the point? That for every Cog there is an extreme leftist?

Exactly, when you have issues reduced to binary tribal positions then were is that rational middle ground?

Regarding Trump that will be his downfall, he lives in a world of them against me, he always has, a rich NYC sheister who was snubbed by the intelligentsia, this has framed his whole psyche. He promoted tribal binary thinking and he lives and dies by this singular equation.

On the opposite side of that same coin President Obama was a multi-racial academic who grew up in a very leftward family raised by grandparents who believed that the struggle between black and white America was still a crucial conflict taking place every day. This shaped his personality to snub law enforcement and military people who represented the 'white power' and to discount the entire middle of America as being nothing but a collection of bible thumping rednecks.

What we need to heal the cultural divide is someone who sees the 'other' as not being an enemy who has hurt them personally and needs to be repaid in kind. We need a leader who sees the 'other' as a potential ally against the hard world of physical reality that is going to smack us all upside the head when peak oil and peak natural gas set in and we face hard choices on how to continue our civilization into the future.

Unfortunately I do not see either party offering such a candidate up. Characters like Jeb Bush as not acceptable to the great middle because he is seen as a liberal Republican who has already given away much of what the middle wants to maintain. In the same way a conservative Democrat is automatically seen as a group enemy by the blue state populations. They would vote for her/him if they have no other D to vote for but in the primary process the party machinery favors eliminating such a candidate before they advance to the general election. Just as Jeb Bush was never going to be the Republican candidate in 2016 the more moderate D candidate like Brian Schweitzer or Lincoln Chafee who have served as governors of states and had work experience before their government careers that could relate to the average red state voter. Despite, or possibly because of their across the aisle appeal these candidates never had a chance in the primary process. The two parties have not set up the process to so strongly favor incumbent politicians that only a very wealthy outsider like Donald Trump was able to bull his way through the layers of bureaucracy and achieve status as the candidate, for which many of the core party leaders hate him passionately. That he ended up soundly winning the electoral college despite what the never Trump wing of the party leadership did to oppose him just made that internal hatred even stronger. Many of them would have far rather defeated President trump and worked behind the scenes with President Clinton 2 to continue on merrily down the road of globalism despite the fact that it has cored the center of America and destroyed standards of living here. The coasters all live in Washington and only return 'home' to campaign for the next election. Most of them do not even spend holidays at 'home' preferring elite vacations far away from 'their people' instead.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:43:11

Let's be clear. Obama was raised and nurtured by guys who did not believe in American exceptionalism and who did believe in communism. Bill Ayers ring a bell with anyone?

Sorry your girl lost but you will have to put on your big boy pants. I had to come up for air, because I am drowning in your liberal tears, over the outcome of the election. Not that your tears are not sweet to me. :lol:
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 13:53:43

Ibon wrote:
Cog wrote:
pstarr wrote:The southern cracker grabber pedophile lost. Trump is next.

If that is your interpretation of events you have not been paying attention. None of this works on Trump as you will soon see.

I edited out your bad language to keep you from getting in trouble.

With every twisted and torturous turn of events with this pathological administration you are always there like a trumpet to herald the brilliant and well executed plan that Trump has in store for us.

It will be fascinating to watch how far you will go in continuing to defend incompetency in your tribal allegiance to a white racist pussy grabbing president.

Could I get a clarification on the board rules here? Can a moderator use the word pussy but a regular member can not? I don't really care, but I'm just trying to make sure that I understand the rules here. I mean if you would like I will use the word vagina but I prefer to use the word pussy like Ibon used. But I await the final call here.

I mean, after all, us poor grunts down in the trenches are looking for our moderators here to show by example how we should behave. If we copy Ibon's example the board will be full of pussy and God only knows how that would turn out for us.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 15:01:52

Cog wrote:
Ibon wrote:
Cog wrote:
pstarr wrote:The southern cracker grabber pedophile lost. Trump is next.

If that is your interpretation of events you have not been paying attention. None of this works on Trump as you will soon see.

I edited out your bad language to keep you from getting in trouble.

With every twisted and torturous turn of events with this pathological administration you are always there like a trumpet to herald the brilliant and well executed plan that Trump has in store for us.

It will be fascinating to watch how far you will go in continuing to defend incompetency in your tribal allegiance to a white racist pussy grabbing president.

Could I get a clarification on the board rules here? Can a moderator use the word pussy but a regular member can not? I don't really care, but I'm just trying to make sure that I understand the rules here. I mean if you would like I will use the word vagina but I prefer to use the word pussy like Ibon used. But I await the final call here.

I mean, after all, us poor grunts down in the trenches are looking for our moderators here to show by example how we should behave. If we copy Ibon's example the board will be full of pussy and God only knows how that would turn out for us.

I was not informed pussy is prohibited. If it is I will cease to use that word.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vox_mundi » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 15:20:00

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 15 Dec 2017, 15:44:47

Ibon, Cog, please refrain from using any language you would not use in the company of elderly strangers. I used to say don't use language you would not use around your parents but given some people lack of respect for the parental units that doesn't always work.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 06:24:10

Well another myth of Trump sexually harassing women is about to go off the rails. Seemed that making money is a big part of whether the accusers would stand by their accusations. So since the muh Russian collusion story has fallen apart and now the sexual harassment of women story has foundered, where do the Democrats go now?

Much more at link

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... p-accusers

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump
during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton
were contacted during the effort.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 06:26:06

Tanada wrote:Ibon, Cog, please refrain from using any language you would not use in the company of elderly strangers. I used to say don't use language you would not use around your parents but given some people lack of respect for the parental units that doesn't always work.

I am aware I need to create a safe space for Cog here so I will refrain from gynecological references to his glorious leader.

Regarding my mother, the irreverent Italian that she was, whenever I forgot my wallet or left something important behind, she would say
Figlio mio, que testa de Catzo ... this translates to.... My son what a head of a penis you are!

So Tanada, don't ask me to talk like I would around my mother or else my language is going to down the tubes fast !! :) :)
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 06:28:13

Perhaps you could make an accusation against Trump, Ibon. See Lisa Bloom for more details and how to cash in.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 06:41:26

Cog wrote:Perhaps you could make an accusation against Trump, Ibon. See Lisa Bloom for more details and how to cash in.

Unlike you and most AMericans Trump has very little gravitational pull with me, I do not orbit around him like you do and most Americans seem to be doing whether they hate him or adore him.

I do sense though that there is a growing weariness in the collective. At least it seems so observing from the outside looking in.
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 06:56:24

Yes Americans are tired of the constant false accusations made against Trump which are made by partisan Democrats. Time To MAGA and make a boat load of money.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 08:14:45

I’m tired of this bickering. Be it here or in the media.

How do you turn this conversation forward looking?

Personally I’m glad to distant myself from such rancor and lead a happy life.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 08:40:58

Without entering into the ever-present R vs. D bickering (because for the umpteenth time I am not, have never been, and most likely never will be a member of any political party) I would like to make a point about politics in general, and American politics in particular.

Traditional political parties are obsolete, and impede the process of governing a large and diverse country such as the USA. I would abandon the entire concept of a political party, and condemn anyone who even attempted to establish a "party line", a "political platform", or any other convention which encourages people with no interest and little knowledge, from voting on issues or for people about whom they do not have any real interest.

For me, every election should be a la carte, and if you have an interest in but a single issue or a single race for office, you should have the freedom to vote only for those ballot items that matter to YOU.

Now here is where I get radical. I would leeave any legislation that did not recieve a clear majority of voters in that election as unpassed. I would further leave any office where a candidate did not receive a majority vacant and unfilled until the next election. Because after all, anything that does not have the support of a majority should not be imposed on those that do not care to support it even to showing up to vote.

Lastly - and possibly most important - every office and every proposal for legislation should have the "none of the above" option as an available selection. Because I believe every American has more than their share of anarchy in their personality.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 09:13:44

Majority rule is the rule of the mob. We have a constitutional republic for a very good reason.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dissident » Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:24:50

Cog wrote:Majority rule is the rule of the mob. We have a constitutional republic for a very good reason.

Indeed. The mob, manipulated by special interests who own the MSM or can buy its influence (Soros) would give us 1000 years of Killary style leadership. In other words, dictatorship.

Antifa use brownshirt tactics and wave around fascist colours (red-black) even though they are supposed to be leftists. The current US "left" is not a guarantee of democracy by any stretch of the imagination. It is in a frenzy of self-righteous hate, ready to burn at the stake anyone who disagrees with its present insanity.
dissident
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics