Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 13:29:36

Cog wrote:Perhaps by arming the Ukrainians we can give the Russians a little payback for shooting down MH17. Something you Putin lovers(AgentR11) denied for years.

I don't object to arming Ukraine, though I think they should pay for the weapons. I just think its too early for them to be successful with them considering the rotted out state of their military.

As to MH17, I still go with the rebels killing it with a stolen Buk system. They seem the most rational candidate for who and why. A trained Russian crew with a full kit wouldn't have much reason to shoot anything that high, and a UA crew had no good targets on such a flight path; leaving less informed rebels thinking they might be shooting a military transport. The only downside to such a formulation is that the shooters are likely already dead and the hardware could have come from UA or Russia.

Interesting that you dislike Putin so much given that Trump seems to be somewhat friendly with him and wants Russia back in the mix.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 14:29:00

Cog wrote:Perhaps by arming the Ukrainians we can give the Russians a little payback for shooting down MH17. Something you Putin lovers(AgentR11) denied for years.

As far as Outcast Searcher goes, he sucks up the MSN propaganda that Russia is the source of all evil in the world and wants WW3 with them. There is a place in between kissing Russian ass and going to war with them. Trump has found that balance. I know he misses all things Obama but Obama is retired. Sorry your girl and her reset button lost man.

I get it now. Everything is a conspiracy with you. (I also read your MH17 post). You keep posting lies and nonsense like HRC is "my girl" no matter how often you are corrected. Or nonsense about my beliefs about Russia when all I point out is that they went over the line with Crimea and Ukraine, and opined that we shouldn't give them an economic pass on that until they withdraw.

Odd really. Rational on some issues and pretty much in dementia land on others. But thanks for playing.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 15:59:58

AgentR11 wrote:
As to MH17, I still go with the rebels killing it with a stolen Buk system. They seem the most rational candidate for who and why. A trained Russian crew with a full kit wouldn't have much reason to shoot anything that high...

This has all been investigated now by an independent commission. The report just came out in May 2018. The results are pretty clear.

The Russians were utilizing their military assets in support of the Ukrainian "rebels."

Some moron on the Russian side thought MH17 was a Ukrainian plane so the Russians shot it down. Ooopsies....it was actually a Malaysian passenger jet.

Check out the evidence in the May 2018 report......they've even got pieces of the Russian missile that hit the plane and they exactly which Russian missile brigade fired it at MH17. They know where the brigade was, they've get the telecommunications from the brigade, and they've got evidence the Russian brigade high tailed it out of there after they realized they had just shot down a passenger jet.

mh17-plane--russia-

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 16:08:50

I did check out the report and was fairly unimpressed. Which is why I think my alternate is more probable.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 21:09:23

AgentR11 believes he has superior investigative abilities to an independent commission. Funny how people can rationalize anything to support their delusions.

Perhaps the Russians were drunk or just confused. Given their combat record in Syria both are possible. :lol:
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 22:31:14

Cog wrote:AgentR11 believes he has superior investigative abilities to an independent commission. Funny how people can rationalize anything to support their delusions.:

Nah, just a hunch. No delusions involved. I have no vested interest in what the result of it was.

I just don't see a likely motivation for any other crew than a DNR/LNR rebel crew. Its a pointless waste of a perfectly good missile otherwise. (from the shooter's pov at least)

edit----------------------------------------
addenda: we're drifting into a different thread's subject matter though; MH17 has little to do with Trump's foreign policy as opposed to the foreign policy preferences of congress or the professional bureaucracy.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Fri 08 Jun 2018, 23:41:12

So Cog you think that someone has provided "proof" over the MH17 tin foil hat conspiracy theory?

I guess you must be a God-appointed arbiter of the truth.

The above is claimed to be the actual casing of the Buk missile that brought down MH17. Only utter retards would swallow such inane propaganda. Do you see any evidence of impact on the ground after falling from above 10,000 feet? Where are the cracks in the metal (aluminum) at the maximum fold contours after the casing would have been flattened after hitting the ground. There isn't even any paint damage. Did the JIT restore this "evidence" to its pre-impact state? What mind-numbing BS.

Also, if the casing had hit anything hard projecting from the ground it would have been shredded and not just folded.

So let's get to the basics:

1) No evidence that the one incomplete Buk system that the Donbass rebels seized from regime forces was ever used, since it did not have the targeting radar unit (TELAR).

2) Utterly no evidence of Russian army or other official units involved in shooting MH17 down. If Americans can supply the Saudis with military equipment as 18.4 million Yemenis are starving to death as we speak according the UN, then all you bloody hypocrite wankers can take your fake "moral authority" and shove it.

3) America shot down a civilian airliner (flight 655) following a standard take off route over Iranian territory from a ship (Vincennes) illegally parked in Iranian territorial waters. The criminals who shot it down got medals for their efforts. After the precedent of flight 655, the Dutch and Australians can conduct their kangaroo investigation until the Sun burns out, but they have no legal authority. If America can get away with this crime unpunished, then Russia, which did not even participate in the actual shootdown of the MH17 has zero culpability. Yeah, Cog, show me were the JIT claims that Russia shot it down. You are spewing your usual racist excrement.

America can supply the Kiev regime with weapons and wank itself silly with fantasies of transforming the regime paramilitaries into some elite fighting force of justice. Reality is and will be something else.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 09 Jun 2018, 07:24:00

I didn't know Russians were a race. How is my statement racist?

Not that I care about dead Russians. The 300 we wacked in Syria, after they attacked an American outpost gives me a certain amount of satisfaction. Apaches, B-52 bombers, artillery. We pretty much wiped out a Russian battalion. It was pretty beautiful thing. It also shows the incompetency of the Russian military except for shooting down civilian planes. They are pretty good at that.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 02:29:24

TRUMP + KIM !

THE KOREA PEACE TREATY in the making!

BBC NEWS

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-44411114

THIS IS A BIG TURNING POINT LIKE THE GERMAN re-UNITY

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... ing-summit

Allone this TREATY is enough to make TRUMP a GREAT PRESIDENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

United States of America's National Anthem

TRUMP GO GO GO !
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 04:22:28

I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 06:29:16

That’s a good stance I share.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 07:15:24

Agree.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GASMON » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 15:27:08

Xi Jinping has Instructed Kim to behave - or else !!

I wonder if Xi also has had words with Trump to upset the G7 regarding trade (especially his close neighbours Canada) WITHOUT ever mentioning the elephant in the trade room that is China.

Trump is Xi's stooge -- The Chinese Dragon is pissing all over Trump !!

Gas
The truth is sometimes incorrect
GASMON
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 15:40:22

GASMON wrote:Xi Jinping has Instructed Kim to behave - or else !!

I do think China is playing a larger role in NK's change of face than people realize. NK doesn't really need US trade, it needs Chinese and to a lesser extent Russian trade to keep the lights on at the capital. China has no desire to see a nuclear NK considering that they are just right across the bay from Beijing. (400 miles or so); nor do they really like having NK'ians sneaking across their border.

So I think you've got the gist of it there, Kim understands what it'll take to get into the good graces of China, and making nice here is likely top of the list.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 17:11:56

AgentR11 wrote:
GASMON wrote:Xi Jinping has Instructed Kim to behave - or else !!

I do think China is playing a larger role in NK's change of face than people realize. NK doesn't really need US trade, it needs Chinese and to a lesser extent Russian trade to keep the lights on at the capital. China has no desire to see a nuclear NK considering that they are just right across the bay from Beijing. (400 miles or so); nor do they really like having NK'ians sneaking across their border.

So I think you've got the gist of it there, Kim understands what it'll take to get into the good graces of China, and making nice here is likely top of the list.

And very savvy of the Chinese to be pulling the levers in the background letting two cartoons do the "negotiating"
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 14 Jun 2018, 04:11:41

Dear US PEAK OILER

Korea Crisis <=> Kuba Crisis

Trump <=> Kennedy

Think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfIoHXOO9E
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 20 Jun 2018, 01:54:09

Our planet earth is @ risk Mr. president Trump so the USA

Global Warming is a direct thread to the security of the United States of America

You have made an "Eid" to the American people to protect them.

NOW IT IS TIME TO ACT MR. PRESIDENT

=> Truth is still the truth.

Dear Future Generations: Sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRLJscAlk1M
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 20:41:06

So Donald Trump got Peace For Our Time with Kim Jong Un. Often misquoted as "Peace In Our Time".

There was another leader before him who bragged about that: Neville Chamberlain. But we all know how much "peace" he got. Like Donald Trump, Neville Chamberlain made some concessions in exchange for vague promises.

There are some differences. It will be much easier for the US to restart war games with South Korea than it was for Czechoslovakia to retake its Sudetenland regions. But President Trump called those war games "provocative". Seems to me that if a Democrat did anything close, the Republicans and right wingers would be howling about what a traitor he was. Which is what they did with Barack Obama, though he didn't do anything nearly as Neville Chamberlainish.

President Trump has been very chummy with Kim Jong Un, after disparaging him as "Little Rocket Man", and he has also been very chummy with the leaders of Saudi Arabia. Remember that glowing ball? But he has not gotten along very well with his fellow leaders of industrial democracies.
lpetrich
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 20:44:45

The left can't figure out if Trump is trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea(last month's narrative) or if Trump is going to surrender to them(This month's narrative).

Comical.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 20:57:11

Cog wrote:The left can't figure out if Trump is trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea(last month's narrative) or if Trump is going to surrender to them(This month's narrative).

No, it goes to show how erratic and illogical President Trump is. He goes from being willing to start World War III with "Little Rocket Man" to saying that he doesn't want to hurt the widdle fee-fees of North Korea's leaders with war games.

I would have much preferred a version of Aristotle's Golden Mean. Aristotle is a Dead White European Male, for anyone not familiar with him. Here, it would be a middle ground between confrontation and appeasement.
lpetrich
Peat
Peat

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics