Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 2

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 13:37:06

Most of those that voted for him now realize their mistake. Good luck with your solid 28%. Perhaps you can convince the South to succeed again. Lincoln should have just said Good Riddance.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 15:00:50

Cid, you need a different perspective. Adults focus on actions, not rhetoric. When it comes to doing what he said he will do, Trump actually has no equal in this century or the last.

He is of course, a repulsive blowhard. The revolving door for the White House staff is annoying, to say the least. But he's doing the job of POTUS.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 15:17:46

Donald Trump: “We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt.”

Bob Woodward: “How long would that take?”

Trump: “I think I could do it fairly quickly, because of the fact the numbers…”

Raw Story just now: "Feds report that U.S. debt is $2 trillion larger than the day Donald Trump took office"
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 15:55:58

The debt is nothing if not serious:
...but it doesn't look like Trump differs from his predecessors very much.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 15:58:21

Cid_Yama wrote:Most of those that voted for him now realize their mistake. Good luck with your solid 28%. Perhaps you can convince the South to succeed again. Lincoln should have just said Good Riddance.

Trump has what psyc people call high attentional engagement. Think of it as hypnosis through hyperbole or the ever popular "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

When I built mall jewelry stores there was this one sales-guy, I'll call him "Johnson", who was a jewelry selling machine. He could lay down a stream of patter that kept marks customers in thrall while he got them to say yes. For the eavesdropping bystander his steady stream of non-sequiturs, jumbled puns, mashed-up cliches were so hilarious those in the company named such verbal stream of consciousness distraction after this guy, "Johnson-isms".

Where most of us would be embarrassed by even one of the gaffs Johnson made, he would continue without a breath. His delivery of a tirade of nonsense was the secret to phenomenal selling like I've never seen (and I've been around lots of salespeople of one kind or other) he eventually started his own chain of stores and is pretty well off now.

trump is a grifter and likely racketter or even worse. But he has a superpower just like Johnson, the ability to keep talking in spite of the nonsense coming out of his mouth. Rubes are so distracted, fascinated, entertained by what he's saying they don't realize he's just picked their pocket.

Add in a strong dose of bigotry, misogyny, and a big tax cut for the rich; then mix in the silo of partisan right-wing media like FOX and, yes, you guessed it: RT... and voilå, instant Republican immortality. Don't expect trump support to go much below 25%-30%, sad commentary I know but that's who we are.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 16:17:40

KaiserJeep wrote:...but it doesn't look like Trump differs from his predecessors very much.

But wait, I thought he was delivering on all his promises like no president in the history of the world?
The very first argument and you have to start making excuses. Must be pretty embarrassing... or maybe it's a talent you could sell to the white house staff!

Cid this is my point, how many people of our tiny remainder here are open trump supporters?
2, 3?

How many are in the closet, profess to being "independent" or too smart and enlightened to vote for crass partisans... and yet support trump in every post? Shy trump voters, LOL! Embarrassed is more like it.

trump's highest approval ever was on the day of the election, 2 weeks after inauguration his approval was upside down, how does that even happen?

Even Gerald Ford, bill clinton and Jimmy were more popular. As time goes by trump is becoming relatively MORE popular that other presidents who suffered from the truth at least sometimes. We are truly in a post fact world.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 17:55:22

Pops, you have a serious case of TDS, aka Trump Derangement Syndrome. I looked it up on Politifact, this is an exact quote:

"We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. ... Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”

That strikes me as an OPINION, not a promise. For the Civics challenged, the POTUS kicks off the budget process via a budget request, and the House and Senate Budget Committees add pork, and the POTUS either signs it or vetoes. There have only been five years since this process began in 1921 when the President asked for MORE money than was actually spent. There have been 92 years when he asked for LESS then the final budget, and those include Trump's budget requests for 2017 and 2018. Additionally, 2016 was also a year when the POTUS asked for LESS, but that POTUS was Obama, not Trump.

The only thing unusual about this year is the $5Billion squabble over a wall on the S border. That is about 0.12% of a $4Trillion+ Federal budget. For that 0.12%, the D's shut down the federal government. I hope the shutdown lasts a good long time, because I think a lot of the federal budget does not need spending.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:15:56

He’s getting us out of Syria.

Hillary wanted more ME engagement.

Some good/ some bad.

Better than Obama.

Who are the D’s putting up that’s better?

That’s the ticket, you complain but offer someone as bad if not worse.

His a child on the thrown, screwing with the establishment. Is he a distasteful idiot? Sure. But he’s mucking up the workings of the empire, which is just fine in my book.

I despise his environmental record, but effectually its little worse than Obama’s. It might be better because it MAY organize a resistance, as opposed to pulling people into a soma with platitudes.

Back when Plant used to blame everything on Obama, and I’d get in his case about that. It’s no different now. Some of his stuff sucks big time, some doesn’t. If you want to blame someone blame Hillary for stealing the nomination and then being a tone deaf idiot campaigner so bad that too many folks voted for Trump. Here’s hoping we have better choices next time around.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:19:30

KaiserJeep wrote:That strikes me as an OPINION, not a promise.

Imagine my surprise, LOL

Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:32:41

I'm no fan of a budget deficit, any more than Trump. My point was that Congress creates the deficit, not the POTUS.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 19:10:10

KaiserJeep wrote:I'm no fan of a budget deficit, any more than Trump.

LOLOL we're talking about The King of Debt!
Who bragged about his brilliant business tactic of going bankrupt
Suggesting he'd run the country the same way and just "renegotiate" government debt?
Who, in just a bald faced lie, said there would be even more tax cuts just before the midterms.

Oops, missed this one: " For that 0.12%, the D's shut down the federal government."
trump: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. … I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.
But alas he can't keep his word for a week, now he tweets "democrat shutdown"

Tells us more about the emperor's fancy new clothes
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby mmasters » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 19:21:06

He's solving the debt problem with growth. The only solution that makes any sense given his time in office and the nature of the system.

But enough about that. I'm excited he's putting a nail in the coffin of globalism. The Illuminati are all riled up. The POS that is globalism bothered me since 911 and it's finally dead now. That's my secret victory and why I love Trump (and almost nobody is talking about it because they are too stupid to see the bigger picture).
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 21:39:15

mmasters wrote:He's solving the debt problem with growth. The only solution that makes any sense given his time in office and the nature of the system.

But enough about that. I'm excited he's putting a nail in the coffin of globalism. The Illuminati are all riled up. The POS that is globalism bothered me since 911 and it's finally dead now. That's my secret victory and why I love Trump (and almost nobody is talking about it because they are too stupid to see the bigger picture).

That globalism has been in place for decades and is ironically one of the reasons why Trump became wealthy.
http://sites.google.com/site/peakoilreports/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Fri 04 Jan 2019, 16:53:50

Here's what I don't get, an hour ago trump said he could simply build the wall because: national state of emergency — thing is we are already under a state of emergency, have been for decades.
Couple of months ago he threatened to deploy the Army with weapons in the US, arguable in violation of the insurrection and posse comitatus act — at least the Pentagon seemed to think so.
And, they are in fact building detention camps.

Each of these were at the top of the right wing, alex jones, glenn beck, ted kazinski doomosphere just 2 short years ago...

and now, nary a peep.

So what is it, an authoritarian dictator is fine with all you patriots as long as he says he's a republican?
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 04 Jan 2019, 18:16:33

Not even - I don't know anybody who LIKES Trump, even, no matter what party he says he belongs to. He paid D dues for 36+ years, then stopped so he could take the R ticket.

It's easier to hate. This woman makes my skin crawl:
And this guy isn't any better:

BOTH are on the wrong side of the border wall issue, along with most Democrats.

Trump is doing what he says, versus Obama who simply talked. You don't have to like him.

Trump's second term lives or dies on the $5B deal for the border wall. He gets it, he's unstoppable, and the D's know it.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 04 Jan 2019, 19:55:17

Sounds like Trump has got deep inside Pops head. Not an unusual phenomena, since Trump seems to bother the left on some primal level.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:03:04

Yeah, and not just the Left, there are who hate him as much or more.

But the same is true about Hillary.

The hey are both very flawed people.

What is truly alarming is that our political system has become so dysfunctional as to produce these folks as our best choices for President.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:54:42

If Trump's worst crime is that he offends people on Twitter, then I'll take that as a win.

I'm somehow supposed to believe, that because the MSM says so, that the following are bad things Trump has done:

1) Withdrawal of troops from the Middle East
2) Attempting to de-nuclearize North Korea
3) Renegotiate trade deals that disfavored the USA
4) Attempting to control unrestricted illegal immigration to the USA
5) Appoint conservative judges
6) Reduce regulations and the size of federal agencies.
7) Reduce taxes on all Americans

Yes I'm supposed to believe that Hillary Clinton would have done any of those things instead of enriching herself by way of the Clinton Foundation.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 17:55:53

I know its early. I know none of you are ready for another political campaign and are probably still sick of the last one. But since President Trump is the best president ever I humbly submit his 2020 campaign theme.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 06 Jan 2019, 19:06:51

Cog wrote:I know its early. I know none of you are ready for another political campaign and are probably still sick of the last one. But since President Trump is the best president ever I humbly submit his 2020 campaign theme.

Hahahahahha! LOL. Every deplorable will want one of those bumperstickers.

Even if Trump and the Rs don't use that bumper sticker again I'm sure they'll use the video clip of the potty mouthed D congresswoman in their campaign ads.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion