Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 2

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 20 Nov 2018, 11:12:23

Two years before the mast? Yes decades ago. They were getting a ship load of cow hides.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 20 Nov 2018, 13:39:16

Right, and it populated mostly by a few sheep with a rare human.

Shoulda been left that way.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 01:30:52

this was in the serious financial paper in Australia today,an indication of what the world thinks???
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 08:36:39

Why would anyone in America give a hoot what the world thinks? Our ancestors all came to this continent to get away from the bad thinking everywhere else.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 09:39:26

Tanada wrote:Why would anyone in America give a hoot what the world thinks? Our ancestors all came to this continent to get away from the bad thinking everywhere else.
While some of the world already thinks we are "the Great Satan" we should not by word and deed reinforce that opinion to where it becomes the World majority opinion.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 17:26:51

vtsnowedin wrote:
Tanada wrote:Why would anyone in America give a hoot what the world thinks? Our ancestors all came to this continent to get away from the bad thinking everywhere else.
While some of the world already thinks we are "the Great Satan" we should not by word and deed reinforce that opinion to where it becomes the World majority opinion.

So what?
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 18:55:40

Tanada wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

So what?

I'm sorry if you can't see that difference.
A deal with a "good neighbor" would be a lot different from one negotiated with the "kilngongs" dedicated to your demise.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 21:03:11

vtsnowedin wrote:
Tanada wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

So what?

I'm sorry if you can't see that difference.
A deal with a "good neighbor" would be a lot different from one negotiated with the "kilngongs" dedicated to your demise.

Just which idiots do you think are going to try and destroy a nation armed with thousands of nuclear tipped ICBM's, cruise missiles and gravity bombs?
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 21:07:37

Tanada wrote:-snip-

Just which idiots do you think are going to try and destroy a nation armed with thousands of nuclear tipped ICBM's, cruise missiles and gravity bombs?

Perhaps the followers of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 24 Nov 2018, 22:32:20

Likely, ignorance of various goods and services that are dependent on globalization.
http://sites.google.com/site/peakoilreports/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 07:31:37

Tanada wrote:

Ones armed with spies both, both military and commercial, and computer hackers using fake news and honey traps to disrupt our elections. Anybody come to mind?
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 07:53:23

I think empires expire due to decadence from within which then is exploited from external rivals and forces.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 08:11:25

Ibon wrote:I think empires expire due to decadence from within which then is exploited from external rivals and forces.

When is their not plenty of decadence within? It is like saying the sun rising in the east causes war.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 09:13:50

vtsnowedin wrote:
Tanada wrote:

Ones armed with spies both, both military and commercial, and computer hackers using fake news and honey traps to disrupt our elections. Anybody come to mind?

The DNC?
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 09:56:10

Tanada wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
Tanada wrote:

The DNC?

:lol: :lol: :roll: 8)
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 25 Nov 2018, 12:09:22

vtsnowedin wrote:
Ibon wrote:I think empires expire due to decadence from within which then is exploited from external rivals and forces.

When is their not plenty of decadence within? It is like saying the sun rising in the east causes war.

There are degrees. One important definition of debilitating decadence which we can see having varied greatly through time is when the unity of a nation becomes fractured into divisions that become so strong that the greater good of the nation becomes secondary to defending ones tribal alliance.

Think of China rising after a half century of debilitating deprivations under Mao. How inferior the Chinese felt compared to the shining successes of the West. The promise today of rising as an emerging empire. The sense of patriotic pride this nation feels and how the central government, corporate capitalism and the citizens are all rowing the nations boat in the same direction, believing in education to provide opportunities to advance the next generation. The sense of promise. These are attributes that are typical of an empire in ascendance. Very much like 20th century USA.

The USA today is in decline, the factions of division more important than the sense of unity of the whole. There is no sense of a nation rising. The movement is toward contraction, being split, closing and shutting and building walls. Decadence on the rise. Defensive in outlook.

This is not an indictment in any way on the USA as a nation or its values. It is simply the cycle of empires and the USA is now deeply in decline. It had its moment in the sun. It can decline with a sense of grace or with the tantrums of a spoiled child. In fact this question is as relevant to the individual citizen as it is to the nation as a whole.

If one is cognizant of the cycle currently in decline as we see in the USA than it is still possible as an individual to live with integrity and a positive outlook. That your nation as an empire is in decline and decadent does not mean that you as an individual have to follow suit.

Look at someone like Baha. Living amidst a society around him deep in the funk of factional divisions and here he is as an individual realizing his goals of self sufficiency.

In fact, as everyone collectively gets caught up in the story of decadence and decline this opens up room for those who don't buy into it and make their own story.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 13:27:33

My wife gave me this computer game, Skyrim, for Christmas. It originally came out in 2011, but Bethesda, the creators of the game somehow foresaw the Trumpists. The Stormcloaks are a bunch of Nationalist racists, and their dialog, especially the NPC dialog, makes you wonder why they aren't all wearing red caps saying, Make Skyrim Great Again. Or Brown Shirts.

In the game they are trying to take control of Skyrim from the people, and drive all the non-Nords from Skyrim.

Needless to say, I am having a lot of fun opposing them. They hate me even more because I'm a Nord, and any Nord that opposes them.

Hey, Cog, you could get the game, and be a Stormcloak, launching that civil war you always wanted, in a nice safe sandbox, where you won't actually bother anyone.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Thu 03 Jan 2019, 13:34:07, edited 1 time in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 03 Jan 2019, 13:33:43

How is that proof that Trump and everyone who voted for him a racist working out for you Cid? I'm assuming any day you and the DNC will provide the necessary evidence.

I honestly thought you had died Cid but I see just like Ginsberg you are made of tougher stuff.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion