Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Help needed for peak oil speech

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Help needed for peak oil speech

Unread postby neo » Sun 30 Jan 2005, 21:07:53

My wife is going to give a 5-7 minute talk at her Toast Master (a public speaking club) next week. She hears me talk about it often so she chose it as the topc. I think it is a good way to spread the words out. I am wondering if anybody here can help her on the presentation or give a sample. My wife and most of the audience are engineers and they should be easier to convince by facts and logic.

I think we should compile a standard speech on introduction to peak oil. The consequence of peak oil purely depends on how people ( as a whole ) prepare for it and react to it. It can either be a mild lifestyle change, or WWIII. When I get some time, I'm going to write about my experience when I only used 1% of the energy ( when I was in China as a kid 15-20 years ago) as I use now. The life was not bad; we lived a small apartment without a/c and used becycle and bus for transportation, and we had a lot of fun.
neo
Wood
Wood

Help

Unread postby EnviroEngr » Sun 30 Jan 2005, 23:47:38

My gratitude to Aaron for putting this together. Try some of this:
http://www.peakoil.com/sample/index.html

Then segue to ASPO's site and also pick up on Global Public Media and the Post Carbon Institute.

Good luck. 5-7 minutes is warp speed if the even as little as the Basics gets discussed.
-------------------------------------------
| Whose reality is this anyway!? |
-------------------------------------------
(---------< Temet Nosce >---------)
Heavy Crude

Return to Peak Oil Discussion