Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Suddenly Everyone Is Hunting Alternatives To US $

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Suddenly Everyone Is Hunting Alternatives To US $

Unread postby careinke » Sat 20 May 2023, 02:40:58

Three of the Keynote Speakers at the Bitcoin 2023 Conference have Presidential aspirations, all gave great speeches.

From the Left: Senator Robert F Kennedy Jr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz7FPl065II

From the Middle: Senator Tulsi Gabbard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFTig1a5mnA&list=PLe0djdakvnFb0T-oZAeF49A-EZChise4n&index=13

From the right: Senator Cynthia Lummis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw-87xDScQc&list=PLe0djdakvnFb0T-oZAeF49A-EZChise4n&index=11

The Bitcoin 2023 Conference
https://www.youtube.com/@BitcoinMagazine

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 20 May 2023, 11:42:44

careinke wrote:Three of the Keynote Speakers at the Bitcoin 2023 Conference have Presidential aspirations, all gave great speeches.

Presidential aspirations for where, Moldova? :)
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sat 20 May 2023, 13:04:25

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:Three of the Keynote Speakers at the Bitcoin 2023 Conference have Presidential aspirations, all gave great speeches.

I think you are smart enough to figure your own question out. But just in case, maybe you should watch the videos to figure it out. Who knows maybe you will learn something you don't already know. :-D

BTC= Freedom Money.
Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Sat 20 May 2023, 14:54:28

careinke wrote:BTC= Freedom Money.

Didn't the europeans just come out with a regulation framework for all them crypto?
The freedom is evaporating, aint' it?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 20 May 2023, 19:28:04

careinke wrote:
AdamB wrote:

I think you are smart enough to figure your own question out.

:)
Peace

Well, on January 2022 it was $41,684 dollars worth of freedom money. This week it is $27,076 dollars worth of freedom money. So...BTC in the last 17 months or so means....less and less freedoms??????? [smilie=5bouncy.gif] I happen to be MURICAN!!!! ME LIKEY MORE FREEDOMS, NOT LESS!!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 20 May 2023, 19:30:30

mousepad wrote:

Didn't the europeans just come out with a regulation framework for all them crypto?
The freedom is evaporating, aint' it?

Based on the value of BTC over the past 17 months, the freedom dollar value of them is like crashing!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 20 May 2023, 19:33:41

theluckycountry wrote:Perhaps that's Frances motivation, or perhaps it goes a lot deeper. Perhaps they see an affiliation with the BRICS as insurance for future energy supplies from Russia, and perhaps as insurance if the war there gets out of hand? A/ France is a notorious turncoat of a nation, and B/ Europe always devolves in a warzone.

Many are "notorious" turncoats, if not worse. For example, the U.S. arms Israel because the latter needs to defend itself against neighbors, but the U.S. also arms Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Egypt. Even U.S. battle tanks are manufactured in the latter.

In addition, it's more than just an affiliation. For example, one of the major trading partners of the EU itself is Saudi Arabia. The U.S. claims that it doesn't work with dictatorships but it has China as a major trading partner and Saudi Arabia as a military ally. It even supported all sorts of regimes, including those of Saddam, the Shah of Iran, Suharto, Pinochet, Marcos, and others.

In several cases, it will support a regime, then use it against another, and then when the first falls will try to make deals with the other, which is what happened to Iraq and Iran.

Reminds me of the Krupps and the military industrial complex, which sells to both sides in a conflict and wins either way.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 21 May 2023, 10:01:49

ralfy wrote:Reminds me of the Krupps and the military industrial complex, which sells to both sides in a conflict and wins either way.

Sounds like a good gig if you can get it. Are you unhappy that America is exceptional enough to make this work, or just wistful that other countries don't have what it takes to do the same?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 21 May 2023, 17:00:18

ralfy wrote:
Many are "notorious" turncoats, if not worse. For example, the U.S. arms Israel because the latter needs to defend itself against neighbors, but the U.S. also arms Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Egypt. Even U.S. battle tanks are manufactured in the latter.

Yes, all the nations are basically whores and the US is an old whore, the one who has been functioning as the madam of the brothel. Well prostitution has been deregulated now and the BRICS are leading the transition, with all the attractive young whores leaving the Brothel to work as independents.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 21 May 2023, 18:29:34

theluckycountry wrote:Yes, all the nations are basically whores and the US is an old whore, the one who has been functioning as the madam of the brothel.

Well, not "all" nations. Some just empty the slop buckets out in the latrine. The small and insignificant ones....small and insignifcant Commonwealth countries, with a checkered....genetic foundation.. perhaps?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Sun 21 May 2023, 20:46:09

theluckycountry wrote:Yes, all the nations are basically whores and the US is an old whore, the one who has been functioning as the madam of the brothel. Well prostitution has been deregulated now and the BRICS are leading the transition, with all the attractive young whores leaving the Brothel to work as independents.

It's an odd metaphor, though, as whores usually have pimps, unless one argues that the latter refers to this:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... the-world/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 25 May 2023, 05:14:12

ralfy wrote:
It's an odd metaphor, though, as whores usually have pimps, unless one argues that the latter refers to this:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... the-world/

When you look at how the world works it becomes pretty obvious and that link is no doubt on the money. It's an old old story, as 3 US presidents have found out the hard way.
“The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/966856 ... n-times-of

Give it a couple more years and quotes like this will probably be erased from the web, or debunked as fake news. Not that it matters to me, I told a mate last week that I couldn't care less what the government does here, I am my own government and follow my own rules, whatever they take from me I have taken back two fold. Literally.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 10:31:43

theluckycountry wrote: Not that it matters to me, I told a mate last week that I couldn't care less what the government does here, I am my own government and follow my own rules, whatever they take from me I have taken back two fold. Literally.

Really? So how are the acquisition of proper amounts of firearms in banana bender land? Does the government require you to get a license even before you can buy one? The GovCo stamp of approval is important, them allowing you to claim training maybe to make sure those with experience only bending bananas can handle a firearm witihout shooting themselves in the foot? What reason did you write down to even get such a license? "I want to help free my country from the tyranny of the Monarchy like the Americans did so maybe in 250 years we can be exceptional like them"?

How are they on your owning semi-autos, large cap magazines, storing as much ammo as you'd like, just in case the aborigines decide to retake the land you stole from them?

Have you taken back firearms two fold from the government that they have decided you aren't mentally capable of owning because, you know, you probably aren't?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 31 May 2023, 01:58:51

Which 8 countries are using China’s yuan more, and what does it mean for the US dollar?
https://www.scmp.com/economy/economic-i ... -us-dollar

Why the dollar's dominance is declining in the Middle East
05/20/2023May 20, 2023
Iraq has just banned US-dollar transactions, the Saudis and Emirates plan to sell oil without it, and there are plans to establish a whole new currency to bypass it.

Iraq? Well I guess 20 years of rape and pillage by the US hasn't left them happy campers.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 31 May 2023, 11:03:26

theluckycountry wrote:
Iraq? Well I guess 20 years of rape and pillage by the US hasn't left them happy campers.

Yeah, I guess the place had been a virtual paradise under the benevolent leadership of Saddam Hussein. :-D
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 31 May 2023, 11:23:09

yellowcanoe wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:

Yeah, I guess the place had been a virtual paradise under the benevolent leadership of Saddam Hussein. :-D

Maybe, but the murderer in charge of Saudi Arabia is doing a bangup job in the way Saudi Arabia treats women. Given time, a century or three perhaps, they might not even need a man to give them permissions to do stuff.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Wed 31 May 2023, 20:28:42

yellowcanoe wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:

FWIW, Saddam was supported by the U.S.

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

From what I read, Iraq during the 1970s was the most modern and secular state in the region. Meanwhile, the U.S. was also supporting the Shah of Iran and his SAVAK in Iran. After the latter fell because of abuse and an Islamic Republic was formed, Iraq was then used to counter Iran. Iraq failed and fell apart as well.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 10:10:53

ralfy wrote:FWIW, Saddam was supported by the U.S.

We know. And it was the US that dragged him out of his hidey hole as well. The US is an equal opportunity hegemony.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 14:09:22

ralfy wrote:From what I read, Iraq during the 1970s was the most modern and secular state in the region. Meanwhile, the U.S. was also supporting the Shah of Iran and his SAVAK in Iran. After the latter fell because of abuse and an Islamic Republic was formed, Iraq was then used to counter Iran. Iraq failed and fell apart as well.

Yes, Iraq was definitely on its way to becoming a modern state, at least in some parts of the country. My reading is that US was not strongly supportive of Iraq when they began their war against Iran. Jimmy Carter was president at the time and Iran still held American hostages from the American embassy in Tehran. The invasion of Iran was seen as an additional obstacle to negotiating the release of the hostages. After Ronald Reagan was elected president the US did increase its involvement with the war.

Saddam Hussein was a total dictator and he did not tolerate anyone questioning his decisions. After the failed war against Iran and having a shortage of money he decided to invade Kuwait. He believed that the US was his ally and would not object to his invasion of Kuwait. There wasn't anyone in his inner circle to tell him that this was a really bad idea because the US would not support it.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 01 Jun 2023, 20:58:53

yellowcanoe wrote:
theluckycountry wrote:

You watch too much TV. In fact is was a paradise for the average person, they had all the food and housing they could want, cheap as chips fuel, and the countryside wasn't a warzone nor covered in depleted Uranium as it is now from all the US shells. Yes there was a secret police and lots of state murders but that's just the middle east for you. The same goes on in Saudi Arabia and no one says a word. Why? Because the TV didn't tell you to be infuriated by it Hahaha.

The corrupt US had puppets in Iran (the shah) and Iraq (sadam) and when Iran threw them out to install a legitimate government of their own choosing the US pitted them as enemies and incited the Iraq/Iran war. Well it's over now for the US oil murderers, Iraq and Iran are partners in the future and soon US citizens will be riding pushbikes.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... Order.html
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance