Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Gaia’s Way Out

Gaia’s Way Out

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 12 Feb 2023, 22:46:47

Gaia is no dummy. She is in the process of shifting from supporting humanity to killing it off
Gaia’s Way Out
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Gaia’s Way Out

Unread postby careinke » Mon 13 Feb 2023, 02:38:59

AdamB wrote:Gaia is no dummy. She is in the process of shifting from supporting humanity to killing it off
Gaia’s Way Out

Great article! Actually, he gives a solution, which coincidently matches one of my big projects this year, BIOCHAR.

Besides removing Carbon from the atmosphere for many thousands of years. Biochar has LOTS of uses, If you have a garden, you should use Biochar. If you throw biochar in your chicken coup with deep liter, the chickens will be happier and healthier, the biochar gets "opened up" and put it in your compost pile, it reduces methane off gassing.

Biochar is helpful and enjoyed by all your meat animals while inoculating the soil.

Check out the article and follow some of the adds.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 13 Feb 2023, 16:29:29

careinke wrote:
AdamB wrote:Gaia is no dummy. She is in the process of shifting from supporting humanity to killing it off
Gaia’s Way Out

Great article! Actually, he gives a solution, which coincidently matches one of my big projects this year, BIOCHAR.

Besides removing Carbon from the atmosphere for many thousands of years. Biochar has LOTS of uses, If you have a garden, you should use Biochar. If you throw biochar in your chicken coup with deep liter, the chickens will be happier and healthier, the biochar gets "opened up" and put it in your compost pile, it reduces methane off gassing.

Biochar is helpful and enjoyed by all your meat animals while inoculating the soil.

Check out the article and follow some of the adds.

Peace

Indeed somewhere in the old threads around here there is a multi part discussion of Biochar and all its vast benefits. Personally I expected the Green movement and USDA to be all over it a long time ago, it has far more benefits than disadvantages. Mixing biochar into fertilizer pellets cuts the waste by a significant amount and converts some of the aromatics into slow release format by holding them in the open cell structure until rootlets actually come into contact with them.

From the climate perspective it has been estimated that proper deployment of biochar alone could cut effective CO2 emissions by 20% or more by converting material that decays rapidly into CO2 and H2O into long term stable material that holds the carbon in the soil where it has many benefits to soil microbiota and macrobiotic plants that depends on that life web as support base.

For anyone interested here is the direct link to the Biochar discussion thread Biochar Discussion
Last edited by Tanada on Mon 13 Feb 2023, 20:04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 13 Feb 2023, 17:52:13

Thanks Tanada.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby careinke » Mon 13 Feb 2023, 21:50:55

Tanada wrote:
Indeed somewhere in the old threads around here there is a multi part discussion of Biochar and all its vast benefits. Personally I expected the Green movement and USDA to be all over it a long time ago, it has far more benefits than disadvantages. Mixing biochar into fertilizer pellets cuts the waste by a significant amount and converts some of the aromatics into slow release format by holding them in the open cell structure until rootlets actually come into contact with them.

From the climate perspective it has been estimated that proper deployment of biochar alone could cut effective CO2 emissions by 20% or more by converting material that decays rapidly into CO2 and H2O into long term stable material that holds the carbon in the soil where it has many benefits to soil microbiota and macrobiotic plants that depends on that life web as support base.

For anyone interested here is the direct link to the Biochar discussion thread Biochar Discussion

Thanks for the link. I found one small post I made on that thread in 2012. There has been a LOT more research done since the first post on the thread in 2007. Lots of Old names in the thread that I miss.

The Amazon rain forest was actually Man Made, although unintentionally due to Small Pox and other European germs. LIDAR helped in discovering this fact.

My trial Biochar spot is still one of the most productive patches on our beach place.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 14 Feb 2023, 16:31:26

Carinke,

I am double posting this, but thought you may like it.

,2 hour interview or download able PDF.

Wliam Rees Flobal Footprint Network brain.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate