Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Fix your dang site

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Fix your dang site

Unread postby 2cher » Sun 14 Aug 2022, 18:45:11

I keep trying to view my old posts and anytime I do it logs me out then won't let me log back in
2cher
Peat
Peat

Re: Aaron -- Fix your damn site

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 14 Aug 2022, 20:48:48

2cher wrote:I keep trying to view my old posts and anytime I do it logs me out then won't let me log back in

Aaron is dead.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 14 Aug 2022, 22:47:34

2cher wrote:I keep trying to view my old posts and anytime I do it logs me out then won't let me log back in

Add "?1" to the end of the address on each unique page and the system will load properly.
For example the search function URL is
search.php
To restore it to proper function alter it to read
search.php?1
The same procedure fixes every page on the site. It is a Google Cloudflare problem which the mega-corp doesn't care about fixing permanently.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 22 Aug 2022, 17:37:57

AdamB wrote:

Aaron is dead.

Just popping by for my annual check up. Aaron another victim of "safe & effective"?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 22 Aug 2022, 23:56:01

SeaGypsy wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Aaron is dead.

Just popping by for my annual check up. Aaron another victim of "safe & effective"?

Here is the thread with the information, you must judge for yourself.
https://peakoil.com/forums/past-peakoil-com-admin-aaron-has-died-t78344.html?1
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 01 Oct 2022, 10:25:21

Today, I found out that I didn't have to refresh the cache to get around on the site. Is that going to be the new norm? If so, good work.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 08 Oct 2022, 09:37:46

Not yet.

I guess it's probably something that a third party provider is doing? I think you can separately change the cache setting for a site, though. It has to be done on the server.

There must be something in the configuration file, you'd think? Because some sites are meant to be permanent, like archives. Their cache can be set not to change. They may need to refresh their cache now and again, so the time set for their cache is long. Sites where you don't want it that way can be set up with a cache that has zero time to it, or something like that.

I don't know exactly what the setting is, but I do some programming. Programming for things like that usually comes down to some sort of time setting.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 22 Oct 2022, 09:35:21

I think you should go with a floating sidebar on the left. It should come down with the viewer, no matter how low they go on the page.

This site has both right and left margins in places. Those can be modified, so that the right side contains any marketing stuff that used to be handled by allowing the left side not to move, thus making it big enough that you would see more and more things as you went down.

But that kind of thing, by nature, can't follow you. I would like it if when I had gotten to the bottom of a page I didn't have to scroll all the way up, but had that javascript widget right there. I don't care if I can see the marketing stuff, at that point.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 29 Oct 2022, 17:35:48

SeaGypsy wrote:Just popping by for my annual check up. Aaron another victim of "safe & effective"?

[/quote]
Ah, the conspiracy theorists and their claims. :roll:

How "safe and effective" is more than a million US Covid-19 deaths? Or over 6.5 million globally? And counting.

Wave your arms all you want and make false claims, claims out of context, claims lacking numeracy, etc. It's what your ilk does.

But for the vast majority of rational folks, a sore arm, perhaps a headache, and a TINY risk of a serious side effect from a vaccine is FAR less risk than long Covid, Covid hospitalization, Covid Death, etc.

I've had 5 Covid-19 vaccinations or boosters now. 5 somewhat sore arms. Possibly a couple minor headaches when getting up late at night, which might have been sinus related, but certainly mild and gone by morning. Boo hoo -- such are the typical results for the VAST majority of people.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 00:45:41

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
I've had 5 Covid-19 vaccinations or boosters now. 5 somewhat sore arms. Possibly a couple minor headaches when getting up late at night, which might have been sinus related, but certainly mild and gone by morning. Boo hoo -- such are the typical results for the VAST majority of people.

I'm happy for you. Still, Government has NO right to direct me what to do with my own body. That's for me and my doctor to discuss. Your familiar with that concept, right???

I know, you will say it's for the good of society, implying that overrides my choice. Using the same logic, can you please explain how murdering unborn children, who could survive, is good for society?

PEACE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jato0072 » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 11:05:41

My wife and I have had 0 vaccines within the last 40 years and have never contracted COVID. All while I was working patrol and coming into contact with numerous members of the public throughout 2020.

Hooray natural immunity!

Back on topic: The past two weeks I have had trouble logging onto this site. Most of the time it works fine, but occasionally it won't let me log on.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 30 Oct 2022, 14:13:38

jato0072 wrote:My wife and I have had 0 vaccines within the last 40 years and have never contracted COVID. All while I was working patrol and coming into contact with numerous members of the public throughout 2020.

Hooray natural immunity!

Indeed! Perhaps you were lucky enough to be one of those asymptomatic super-toxic superspreaders?

Your results may vary of course, as 1.2 dead people from Covid can attest. And who knows how many millions didn't die because of the vaccines? Hooray for modern medicine! Do you have a natural immunity for smallpox and polio and chicken pox and whatnot as well, or only Covid do you think?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby KalebRamirez2020 » Mon 12 Jun 2023, 08:51:08

Dear Aaron, I understand your frustration with your website. If you're struggling to fix it, consider seeking professional assistance. Services like web design assignment help can provide expert guidance and support in resolving any issues. Don't let the challenges hold you back. With the right help, you can transform your site into a seamless and engaging experience. Keep striving for excellence!
KalebRamirez2020
Wood
Wood

Return to Technical Support