Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Consumer producer price wedge and EROI

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Consumer producer price wedge and EROI

Unread postby mustang19 » Sun 11 Jul 2021, 00:03:23

Outcast_Searcher wrote:[quot"] You ignore taxes like I said [/mquote]
[quo="Outcast_Searcher"]
Like I said, for most, real world, long term capital gains taxes are like 10%.

Or they're 20% at MOST, unless Biden gets his way re making them huge. And given the beltway crew, good luck with THAT.

If you're too stupid to adjust things by 10 or 20 percent and not realize that it doesn't make your claim of 3X valid against the reality of more like 20.5X -- you're too "intelligence challenged" to even ride the short bus to school.

So what random nonsense do you want to try now? :roll:

For someone who wants to call others "mentally deficient", showing intelligence beyond, say, that of the average bacteria would be called for. :idea:[/mquote]

In California after Biden the tax rate is 50-60%[/qmuote]
Go ahead, cite your sources, because as usual you're dead wrong.

IF the Biden administration COMPLETELY gets its way, the right is whining that the capital gains tax rate COULD POTENTIALLY end up below 50% -- but ONLY for those making over $1 MILLION a year in adjusted gross income.

Are you REALLY so lame you can't do better than that? NO citations. NO accuracy. NO credibility. NO NOTHING.

But you expect to be taken seriously here? :lol:

Hint: being dead wrong post after post with NO SIGN of being right isn't helping your case.

https://www.bankrate.com/investing/long ... gains-tax/

Long-term capital gains tax rates for the 2021 tax year

FILING STATUS 0% RATE 15% RATE 20% RATE
Single Up to $40,400 $40,401 – $445,850 Over $445,850
Married filing jointly Up to $80,800 $80,801 – $501,600 Over $501,600
Married filing separately Up to $40,400 $40,401 – $250,800 Over $250,800
Head of household Up to $54,100 $54,101 – $473,750 Over $473,750

Here's a BIG HINT someone with even your level of perception should be able to understand. 20% is NOT over 50%, even if you count CA tax.

And again, re what Biden has PROPOSED doing (again, a hint: a proposal is NOT law, which if you could read like an adult, you'd know):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/21/biden-t ... world.html

The Biden administration policy targets the richest Americans — the top 0.3% — because they are often able to manipulate the tax system in their favor, according to a White House official. It’s therefore unfair to compare the top tax rate more broadly, the official said.

Biden’s proposal would raise the top federal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends to 39.6%, from 20%, for taxpayers with annual income over $1 million.

You DO understand that those who have adjusted gross income of over $1 million in the US are NOT the normal folks, right?

So what's next, since you never admit when you're wrong. Make up more shiite out of whole cloth, without any citations, of course?

BTW, I had to straighten up your mangling of the quote function and what you typed (said is not sail), re your continued incompetence with using the quote function, so I put what you initially said in blue, just to indicate that. Given that no telling WHAT you'll falsely claim next.

You're not even arguing

Anyway land outperforms everything always.

https://cdn.growingamerica.com/static/s ... 55834f.jpg
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 12:22:43

mustang19 wrote:You're not even arguing

You don't do that with trolls. You pat them on the head like the simpletons they are, provide them information that they might see you aren't uninformed like they are, and remind yourself when done that you have completed your good deed for the day, educating the ignorant.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 17:26:10

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
mustang19 wrote:Anyway land outperforms everything always.

Wow. Congrats, I guess. You're starting to look stupid, even vs. bacteria.

In the real world of data, real estate moves overall with the rate of inflation, over time, while the stock market moves about 7 percent AHEAD of inflation over time. (Remember, dividends don't impact the index, so you need to add those).

For example: https://inflationdata.com/articles/infl ... ng-prices/

https://www.macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500 ... chart-data

But of course, in your tiny mind, if you say something, sans credible evidence, it's true -- since you've done it SO OFTEN. :roll:

Perma-insta-doomers might believe you, when you say what you want to hear. People with brains, willing to research real world data, NOT SO MUCH.

No it doenst, without faang and P/E the dow is down since 1900.
Last edited by Tanada on Thu 15 Jul 2021, 22:27:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 18:40:55

mustang19 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Perma-insta-doomers might believe you, when you say what you want to hear. People with brains, willing to research real world data, NOT SO MUCH.

No it dissnt. Knot witout claws and R/P radios being up zince 1957. In Nuvember.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 19:22:19

mustang19 wrote:Anyway land outperforms everything always.

Wow. Congrats, I guess. You're starting to look stupid, even vs. bacteria.

In the real world of data, real estate moves overall with the rate of inflation, over time, while the stock market moves about 7 percent AHEAD of inflation over time. (Remember, dividends don't impact the index, so you need to add those).

For example: https://inflationdata.com/articles/infl ... ng-prices/

https://www.macrotrends.net/2324/sp-500 ... chart-data

But of course, in your tiny mind, if you say something, sans credible evidence, it's true -- since you've done it SO OFTEN. :roll:

Perma-insta-doomers might believe you, when you say what you want to hear. People with brains, willing to research real world data, NOT SO MUCH.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 19:27:54

mustang19 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Perma-insta-doomers might believe you, when you say what you want to hear. People with brains, willing to research real world data, NOT SO MUCH.

OK. So I get it. You're a mental patient or an infant. SInce you can't even post ANYTHING that has ANY relation to reality.

Got it.

Enjoy whatever color the sky is in your world.

Meanwhile, for those with some attachment to reality, first, the Dow isn't a broad index worth bothering with. Second, going up about TWENTY times just in the past hundred years WITHOUT dividends is so far from down, WHY DO YOU BOTHER TO EVEN POST YOUR NONSENSE?
https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jo ... ical-chart

Oh, that's right. When your credibility is ZERO, why bother with acting remotely like an adult? :idea:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 20:54:51

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
mustang19 wrote:

OK. So I get it. You're a mental patient or an infant. SInce you can't even post ANYTHING that has ANY relation to reality.

Got it.

Enjoy whatever color the sky is in your world.

Meanwhile, for those with some attachment to reality, first, the Dow isn't a broad index worth bothering with. Second, going up about TWENTY times just in the past hundred years WITHOUT dividends is so far from down, WHY DO YOU BOTHER TO EVEN POST YOUR NONSENSE?
https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jo ... ical-chart

Oh, that's right. When your credibility is ZERO, why bother with acting remotely like an adult? :idea:

The P/S ratio is 3 and spy is 30T. Facebook is 1t, Apple 2.5, msft amazin and google 2. That's 9.5.

So without that the market has gone up 4x and nothing left after taxes. Dividends are 1%.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 15 Jul 2021, 22:19:45

mustang19 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Oh, that's right. When your credibility is ZERO, why bother with acting remotely like an adult? :idea:

The P/S ratio is 3 and spy is 30T. Facebook is 1t, Apple 2.5, msft amazin and google 2. That's 9.5.

No it dizzint! The P/R is 6.3 and spook is 6B! Banana is 4, Mom and Pops Grocery is 2, and Bedford's Bed and Breakfast is 3.2, and dats 6.3!!

Come on Short, oops.... Mustang19, you can do better than throw out the occasional mentally challenged routine, can't you? Whatever happened to the art of trolling, it has just become retired folks previously laughed off the internet when they tried to be serious and discovered they didn't know anything!? Is that it!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion