Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE " Log In " Problem Thread (merged)

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Re: THE " Log In " Problem Thread (merged)

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 02 Jan 2021, 13:05:58

I have discovered thanks to Kublikhan that if the system asks me to log in or if I am logged under the wrong ID then I add the two digit code ?1 to the end of the URL of that page the new URL fixes it and I am where I was aiming to be.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 26 Jan 2021, 23:51:10

I've been experiencing similar problems: logged in, then logged out. This happens even after clearing cookies, clearing all data, using safe mode, using the updated version of the Firefox browser, and using another browser, Iridium. The problem doesn't take place in other sites.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby mmasters » Fri 29 Jan 2021, 20:49:30

This site is becoming really difficult to use. Why not get a new forum? I would be happy to donate to the cause.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 01 Feb 2021, 08:53:24

Since a couple of days I am also experiencing weird problems, new posts are disappearing and then reappearing randomly.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 01 Feb 2021, 14:12:04

I've had similar problems on Powerswitch.org.UK. So much so that I have abandoned trying to use the site which I had been on for about as many years as I have been on here.
Perhaps these type boards are being phased out for not generating enough advertiser revenue.
Most functions on my cell phone stopped working because it could not be upgraded as it was "Ancient" . I turned it off and cancelled my bill.
I may have to go back to reading real books. 8)
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby mmasters » Mon 01 Feb 2021, 18:35:55

I've found upping the last number in the URL by 1, 2, 3 or more shows the latest posts (they don't show by default in a lot of threads).
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Thu 06 May 2021, 23:40:36

When I am on the members view (logged in) and I select a topic to read, SOME TIMES, it asks me to log in again and I can't. It just keeps asking me to log on, even though I got to the page through a tab I was logged into. Also, sometimes the threads are not updated with the latest comments. and the last post shown is not the actual last post. Have not figured out a pattern yet.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 06 May 2021, 23:47:49

careinke wrote:When I am on the members view (logged in) and I select a topic to read, SOME TIMES, it asks me to log in again and I can't. It just keeps asking me to log on, even though I got to the page through a tab I was logged into. Also, sometimes the threads are not updated with the latest comments. and the last post shown is not the actual last post. Have not figured out a pattern yet.

Peace

I've been seeing the same issue as Careinke mentions above for the last two weeks or so.

It goes like this: I'm logged in, everything is normal and I can read and post and then I click on another topic and suddenly it says I'm not logged in anymore. I can log in again but it won't let me as long as I am on that particular page. Usually I click on the back arrow and it goes back to the prior page I was on and lo-and-behold.... I am logged in just as before.

For me it isn't random----the site seems log me out just on certain pages. In particular the police brutality thread.....for a while every time I clicked on "police brutality" and it opened, I would be logged out on that page.

But today everything seems OK again and I can log in pretty much everywhere. Weird.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Thu 06 May 2021, 23:59:08

Plantagenet wrote:
careinke wrote:When I am on the members view (logged in) and I select a topic to read, SOME TIMES, it asks me to log in again and I can't. It just keeps asking me to log on, even though I got to the page through a tab I was logged into. Also, sometimes the threads are not updated with the latest comments. and the last post shown is not the actual last post. Have not figured out a pattern yet.

Peace

I've been seeing the same issue as Careinke mentions above for the last two weeks or so.

It goes like this: I'm logged in, everything is normal and I can read and post and then I click on another topic and suddenly it says I'm not logged in anymore. I can log in again but it won't let me as long as I am on that particular page. Usually I click on the back arrow and it goes back to the prior page I was on and lo-and-behold.... I am logged in just as before.

For me it isn't random----the site seems log me out just on certain pages. In particular the police brutality thread.....for a while every time I clicked on "police brutality" and it opened, I would be logged out on that page.

But today everything seems OK again and I can log in pretty much everywhere. Weird.

Cheers!

Plant it could be certain threads. I've had problems with the police brutality, crypto bitcoin, republican and Coronavirus threads.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 07 May 2021, 06:27:53

When I use Firefox I can use shift and click on the refresh circle at the same time. That forces the cache to refresh. I went from a log in screen to the screen I was expecting when I did that. It works for all of the other places I am having problems too. I think Cloudflare is the problem, from what somebody said someplace before. It might not be, but nobody said they did anything to the server to change any settings, and this just started happening. The person who mentioned Cloudflare made it sound like it stood out. I don't know more than that.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Fri 07 May 2021, 07:02:02

Thanks evil, works on mac w/chrome too
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 07 May 2021, 07:06:31

evilgenius wrote:When I use Firefox I can use shift and click on the refresh circle at the same time. That forces the cache to refresh. I went from a log in screen to the screen I was expecting when I did that. It works for all of the other places I am having problems too. I think Cloudflare is the problem, from what somebody said someplace before. It might not be, but nobody said they did anything to the server to change any settings, and this just started happening. The person who mentioned Cloudflare made it sound like it stood out. I don't know more than that.

I just tried that successfully! Thanks for the tip. :-D
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Zarquon » Tue 22 Jun 2021, 20:31:33

I haven't been here since March. When I went straight to
https://peakoil.com/forums/
(not the homepage https://peakoil.com/) I was apparently logged-in immediately as "threadbear", last visit in 2019. After clicking a link I was logged out and could log in normally.

I took a screenshot, a 21K JPG, but couldn't attach it:
"Could not upload attachment to ./files/49339_ff4bb4c70012ba96bc17c605a836aae7."
Zarquon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 19 Jul 2022, 05:58:01

The problem still takes place: I'm logged on, and then when I switch to another thread, etc., I'm sometimes logged off. I refresh the page, and I'm logged on once more.

That's why I haven't been posting for some time.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 19 Jul 2022, 14:03:45

ralfy wrote:The problem still takes place: I'm logged on, and then when I switch to another thread, etc., I'm sometimes logged off. I refresh the page, and I'm logged on once more.

That's why I haven't been posting for some time.

Ralfy!!! Was wondering where you were. Get this technical problem solved, it would be great to talk to you again, discussing the good ol' days of peak oil, LATOC, that wonderful reference list you maintained online showing how all those peak oils had already happened, and reminisce about the cool days of the heyday of McPeakster-dom!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Doly » Tue 19 Jul 2022, 14:49:20

The problem still takes place: I'm logged on, and then when I switch to another thread, etc., I'm sometimes logged off. I refresh the page, and I'm logged on once more.

I have that sort of problem intermittently all the time. I just stop posting when it gets too annoying. I ignore it because a lot of the Internet has gone wonky. The other day a co-worker showed me a work email that had a lot of random punctuation intercalated in odd places. Sometimes I get that sort of thing in my personal emails, too. And of course it happens on this forum. I have no idea what the hell is going on, but my favorite theory is that whatever was going on in Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson has happened in real life.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Makati1 » Sun 18 Dec 2022, 22:14:56

I keep putting in my login info, and it disappears. Is there a fix or do I just stop trying? I try to post a comment and nothing happens.
Makati1
Wood
Wood

Previous

Return to Technical Support