Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Wolfcamp! Here's The Hubbert Curve! Pt. 4

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Wolfcamp! Here's The Hubbert Curve! Pt. 4

Unread postby mustang19 » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 06:43:17

https://i.ibb.co/r0qKfxS/20210228-024159.jpg
Even a shitty curve explains half of production
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mustang19 » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 06:50:50

I multiplied the annual production by .83 to fit so that it generates this nonlinear behavior
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 10:39:45

mustang19 wrote:I was right for all those and am still right.

<yawn> Not even smart enough to learn how to troll.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 10:43:45

mustang19 wrote:I multiplied the annual production by .83 to fit so that it generates this nonlinear behavior

Silly troll, you forgot to multiply that by 1/0 in order to compensate for eroi.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mustang19 » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 11:44:48

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:I multiplied the annual production by .83 to fit so that it generates this nonlinear behavior

Silly troll, you forgot to multiply that by 1/0 in order to compensate for eroi.

Oil production is just a hubbert curve plus a damped oscillator.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 12:59:01

mustang19 wrote:Oil production is just a hubbert curve plus a damped oscillator.

You don't know anything about oil production. Or a Hubbert curve. Now run along and write someone an Excel macro. Hell, you are too stupid to even troll at this point.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mustang19 » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 13:09:42

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:Oil production is just a hubbert curve plus a damped oscillator.

You don't know anything about oil production. Or a Hubbert curve. Now run along and write someone an Excel macro. Hell, you are too stupid to even troll at this point.

I explained 40% of oil production
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 28 Feb 2021, 18:51:37

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:You don't know anything about oil production. Or a Hubbert curve. Now run along and write someone an Excel macro. Hell, you are too stupid to even troll at this point.

You explain nothing. You make stupid comments from a position anchored in of having been laughed off the internet, and call that trolling. And you claim that this trolling is what you have decided to dedicate your retirement to.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mustang19 » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 02:49:33

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:You don't know anything about oil production. Or a Hubbert curve. Now run along and write someone an Excel macro. Hell, you are too stupid to even troll at this point.

You explain nothing. You make stupid comments from a position anchored in of having been laughed off the internet, and call that trolling. And you claim that this trolling is what you have decided to dedicate your retirement to.

Well I mean I'm waiting for the collapse so I can retire for real
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 10:42:41

mustang19 wrote:Well I mean I'm waiting for the collapse so I can retire for real

You've been waiting for (and predicting) collapse for as long as you've been on this website, and as mindlessly as Armie and PuttyTat.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 17:56:34

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:Well I mean I'm waiting for the collapse so I can retire for real

You've been waiting for (and predicting) collapse for as long as you've been on this website, and as mindlessly as Armie and PuttyTat.

In the real world, crude prices have moved up past where your ilk predicted insta-doom because people "could not pay" for oil products.

What your ilk NEVER gets and of course, your ilk NEVER learns, is that a little inconvenience is NOT insta-doom, or doom of any flavor. (Same as it ever was, for at least 5 decades now).

As is ENDLESSLY obvious: people can adapt. People can adjust priorities (part of adapting).

In the real world, a few extra bucks for gas does NOT bankrupt tens of millions of Americans, no matter how much pure shiite your ilk spews. (With pure citations and ZERO credible ones).

I LIKE higher oil prices. It's better for my CVX and BP, and VDE, than the mild inconvenience of paying an additional $2 or even $5 for filling up my tank once a month or so, while Covid-19 mostly keeps me home. :o

Or even when it doesn't. :roll:

As has been the case for SEVERAL decades now.

Again, not that I'd expect your ilk to actually LEARN anything.

Hint: My house cat can learn, and thus has lots of IQ points on you. What does that have to say about your intelligence, as you spew more and more nonsense, ignoring reality?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 07:56:59

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
AdamB wrote:

In the real world, crude prices have moved up past where your ilk predicted insta-doom because people "could not pay" for oil products.

What your ilk NEVER gets and of course, your ilk NEVER learns, is that a little inconvenience is NOT insta-doom, or doom of any flavor. (Same as it ever was, for at least 5 decades now).

As is ENDLESSLY obvious: people can adapt. People can adjust priorities (part of adapting).

In the real world, a few extra bucks for gas does NOT bankrupt tens of millions of Americans, no matter how much pure shiite your ilk spews. (With pure citations and ZERO credible ones).

I LIKE higher oil prices. It's better for my CVX and BP, and VDE, than the mild inconvenience of paying an additional $2 or even $5 for filling up my tank once a month or so, while Covid-19 mostly keeps me home. :o

Or even when it doesn't. :roll:

As has been the case for SEVERAL decades now.

Again, not that I'd expect your ilk to actually LEARN anything.

Hint: My house cat can learn, and thus has lots of IQ points on you. What does that have to say about your intelligence, as you spew more and more nonsense, ignoring reality?

The brent wti gap is narrowing. If you're watching inventory you'll see how ridiculous
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 09:06:34

Oh and that guy is actually holding oil stocks, what a clown. Go all cash.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 09:49:02

mustang19 wrote:Oh and that guy is actually holding oil stocks, what a clown. Go all cash.

Oh, computer programmers who write equations that result in an answer of 1/0 and are laughed off the internet don't have much room to call anyone else a clown.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 14:17:26

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:Oh and that guy is actually holding oil stocks, what a clown. Go all cash.

Oh, computer programmers who write equations that result in an answer of 1/0 and are laughed off the internet don't have much room to call anyone else a clown.

So over the past decade or two or three or four or five or ten, how has that all cash portfolio done for you as a wealth builder or inflation hedge, shorty, compared to a diversified portfolio heavily exposed to stocks?

Since you know nothing I'll tell you -- it's been HORRENDOUS in comparison.

My CVX has nearly doubled since the bottom last year, plus paid me a VERY nice dividend. Oh, the horror!

VDE has much more than doubled since the bottom last year, plus paid me a very nice dividend.

And that's before the nice put option premiums I earned daring folks to sell me more stocks like VDE and CVX near the bottom, and part of the way back up.

But you, who are perpetually wrong on the VAST majority of your economic predictions, whether short or long term, think you can outperform the market and quadrupling down on being a proven idiot makes you smart.

Well, OK then. How can anyone argue with that logic? :roll: Hint: when flat earthers make you look clueless, it's time to wake up. But I'm certain we all can count on you not to.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 15:51:08

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
AdamB wrote:

So over the past decade or two or three or four or five or ten, how has that all cash portfolio done for you as a wealth builder or inflation hedge, shorty, compared to a diversified portfolio heavily exposed to stocks?

Since you know nothing I'll tell you -- it's been HORRENDOUS in comparison.

My CVX has nearly doubled since the bottom last year, plus paid me a VERY nice dividend. Oh, the horror!

VDE has much more than doubled since the bottom last year, plus paid me a very nice dividend.

And that's before the nice put option premiums I earned daring folks to sell me more stocks like VDE and CVX near the bottom, and part of the way back up.

But you, who are perpetually wrong on the VAST majority of your economic predictions, whether short or long term, think you can outperform the market and quadrupling down on being a proven idiot makes you smart.

Well, OK then. How can anyone argue with that logic? :roll: Hint: when flat earthers make you look clueless, it's time to wake up. But I'm certain we all can count on you not to.

Land outperforms everything
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 16:14:32

mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 02 Mar 2021, 17:29:47

Even if you held stocks for the past two decades youd return 50% after tax. Stocks are useless, hardly any return.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby mustang19 » Mon 08 Mar 2021, 17:45:28

Lol. Everything is coming true.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 08 Mar 2021, 21:50:54

mustang19 wrote:Lol. Everything is coming true.

Eroi=1/0? The price of oil in 2020 was $0/bbl? Troll.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion