Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Demand Destruction Thread Pt. 2

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: THE Demand Destruction Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 13 Feb 2021, 15:29:47

Chinese peak oil demand...strikes!! Maybe.

The world's top oil importer, China, could be just years away from its own peak in domestic demand for oil products, Chinese refiners have started to warn, but consumer preferences and government policies about transport electrification and support for EVs are likely to determine whether Chinese domestic oil consumption will peak around 2025.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 13 Feb 2021, 15:45:38

Pandemic and the end of oil

The pandemic-related drop in oil demand in 2020 has led a number of analysts to argue that the
peak in global oil demand is much more certain and imminent than previously anticipated. Here the
thinking is that progress underway in the electric utility sector replacing coal with lower carbon emitting
natural gas and renewable fuels (still quite low on a global scale) can be replicated in the transportation
sector.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

When Will Oil Demand Peak?

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 19 Feb 2023, 11:37:13

When will oil demand peak? It depends on who you ask.

Fitch Solutions, for example, doesn’t see oil demand peaking within its forecast period, which runs to 2032, according to Emma Richards, an associate director of oil and gas at the company.

When will oil demand peak?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 04:09:04

I think 'consumer' demand peaked a long time ago. When will renewable technology demand peak? When will mining demand peak? When will pharmaceutical and the plastics industries demands peak? When will global transport demand peak? How much food and minerals and manufactured product is shipped across the globe at great expense when it could as easily be made locally, that is the problem as much as cars going to the mall or the beach.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion