Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Glacier Thread (merged)

Re: THE Glacier Thread (merged)

Unread postby dissident » Mon 14 Dec 2020, 20:26:34

It will not get any better. There is no evidence of any greenhouse gas reductions happening now or in the forseeable future. CO2 is basically a direct measure of entropy associated with human activity and has followed the same relentless advance. There is no indication that any long term negative entropy regime due to technology will happen. Even the collapse of global civilization will result in a CO2 emissions surge from war and rampant, desperate extraction of any available source of energy.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Re: THE Glacier Thread (merged)

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 17 Dec 2020, 10:05:30

dissident wrote:It will not get any better. There is no evidence of any greenhouse gas reductions happening now or in the forseeable future. CO2 is basically a direct measure of entropy associated with human activity and has followed the same relentless advance. There is no indication that any long term negative entropy regime due to technology will happen. Even the collapse of global civilization will result in a CO2 emissions surge from war and rampant, desperate extraction of any available source of energy.

That is what I keep telling people! Forget halting Climate Change, instead focus on saving as many species and people as we can with the resources we have.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate