Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dohboi's Killing The Planet Threads

Re: Dohboi's Killing The Planet Threads

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 21 Nov 2020, 17:15:22

About a hundred more posts, and I'm outa here (if I don't get banished before then! 8O :lol: )

I will have hit the marvelously orbicular number 20,000...which is quite enough posts on any forum

(Getting a bit dull and repetitive around here recently anyway)

Wishing the best to all, in a very uncertain world:

Dohboi

(Kind of nice to go out having a thread with my name on it, anyway :) )
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 03:27:39

jedrider wrote:Oh, the suffering inflicted by Covid: NPR just had an interview with a family with five children and the father is a fork-lift driver. They were afraid of catching Covid.

I think they should be afraid of having more children.

Genes of those who breed will stay and replace "progressive genes" which don't.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 03:30:35

dohboi wrote:About a hundred more posts, and I'm outa here (if I don't get banished before then! 8O :lol: )

I will have hit the marvelously orbicular number 20,000...which is quite enough posts on any forum

(Getting a bit dull and repetitive around here recently anyway)

Wishing the best to all, in a very uncertain world:

Dohboi

(Kind of nice to go out having a thread with my name on it, anyway :) )

You talk like a drug addict.
Only 10 more shots and I quit etc...
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby FLAMEOUT » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:11:18

Plantagenet wrote:Finally........... something that isn't killing the planet.

Its called ZOOM TOURISM.

There's no need to get on a jet and travel to far away places and eat strange food and see marvelous sights while dodging the local pickpockets and avoid the corrupt police while trying not to get rolled when you go out for a night of bar-hopping.

Now you can do it all on ZOOM!

For a small fee local guides will walk around around with their iPhones logged into ZOOM and will describe to you what they are seeing and doing and eating in exotic foreign places!

VIRTUAL TRAVEL IS HERE!

Here in NW UK can't go anywhere at the moment, except for a walk. Thankfully we have a nice rural park nearby. I use Youtube quite a bit, and found this very interesting site. I'd love to visit Colorado & see the Rocky Mountains - but what about a freight train ride there. Really well photographed, no narration and, well, just superb. Check out the guys trips across the USA & Mexico - What a nice country (scenery wise) Mexico seems to be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XCmW ... Htw/videos
FLAMEOUT
Wood
Wood

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:45:31

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
jedrider wrote:Oh, the suffering inflicted by Covid: NPR just had an interview with a family with five children and the father is a fork-lift driver. They were afraid of catching Covid.

I think they should be afraid of having more children.

Genes of those who breed will stay ...

Absolutely! That is one of the many reasons I chose to live child free and had a Vasectomy instead of producing biological offspring. I realized when I was growing up that the more stupid, ignorant, deluded, and/or mentally ill a person was, the more offspring they produced. This means that humanity's average level of intelligence is less with every passing generation. Sad, but absolutely true! When I grew up and did some research I learnt that science supports my early impressions of an inverse relation between intelligence and number of offspring, which is a truly depressing fact of life.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 14:28:10

FLAMEOUT wrote:
Here in NW UK can't go anywhere at the moment, except for a walk. Thankfully we have a nice rural park nearby. I use Youtube quite a bit, and found this very interesting site. I'd love to visit Colorado & see the Rocky Mountains - but what about a freight train ride there. Really well photographed, no narration and, well, just superb. Check out the guys trips across the USA & Mexico - What a nice country (scenery wise) Mexico seems to be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XCmW ... Htw/videos

Mexico is an incredibly nice country with an amazing diversity of micro-climates and landscapes and cultures. My last big trip before the COVID hit was a journey from Los Angeles to the US-Mexican border, and then 1000 miles south down the entire length of the Baja Peninsula. Whales, deserts, beaches, little historic villages hidden away in the mountains and hip and groovy beach resorts down at the coast.

Once you get away from the border craziness, Mexico has to be one of the pleasant countries in the world to visit.

I've never gotten up to the NW UK. I guess the COVID is pretty bad there.

Stay safe and GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 15:30:06

Plantagenet wrote:
FLAMEOUT wrote:

I wish I lived in a place where they'd take Covid-19 and preventing the pandemic from going completely parabolic, more seriously. FINALLY, in my state of KY, they've shut down indoor dining and bars for a few weeks. And the anti-science crowd is already claiming it's "too much" and that NO WAY will it extend beyond a few weeks, when I point out that it should be extended UNTIL the numbers are CLEARLY coming way down.

Far too many of the anti-science types believe nothing bad can possibly happen to them despite all the evidence and the statistics.

Meanwhile in CA, Gov. Newsome is calling the Tesla factory a critical business and being allowed to stay open. As if making cars in indespensible in a depression.

So as usual, the US is putting the economy over prudence, and the Covid-19 case load looks likely to overwhelm the healthcare system this winter in parts (or much) of the US. Yet again.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 16:09:22

OS, Hollywood movie studios have been declared essential businesses, too, in California. I wish I could say that I am surprised or disappointed, but I am most definitely not. The USA has become a banana republic, and Tesla and Hollywood are two of the few bananas left.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby FLAMEOUT » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 17:21:30

Covid really seems to be bad over in the States according to UK news.

Over here it varies town to town. We are in a state of national lockdown until 2 December then we will go into tiered lockdown with varying degrees of restriction based on case numbers. We seem to be over the second peak, both with cases & deaths.

The stats say its pretty bad where I live (town of 50 thousand) but I don't know of any deaths and only a couple of people who have had it amongst folks I know, who reported mild symptoms. - a strange disease indeed. Virtually everybody here obeys the Hands (wash) Face (Mask) Space (distancing) mantra rules, especially in shops (essential shops only till 2 December). Seems to have helped a lot.

We all have other crap to put up with besides Covid. You have Trump / Biden and we have useless Boris & co.
Are there ANY decent world leaders anymore, anywhere ?

Go back to "normal" when a vaccine is available & distributed - Yeahh - just what will this new normal be ?

Oh and finally, thanks a bundle China. We buy your crap and you try to kill us with your bat soup disease !!!!!

Watch the container trains on the you tube link, mile long double stack trains loaded with shyte from China hurtling west from the California ports. Relentless. The same here on a much smaller scale. The logos on the containers are just the same, China Shipping COSCO, Yang Ming etc etc

Watch this, mind blowing. They don't steal the west's technology, they "borrow" it and share it amongst themselves. How can we in the the west survive with this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
FLAMEOUT
Wood
Wood

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate