Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 5

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 5

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 16 Nov 2018, 14:07:26

SeaGypsy wrote:Can't argue with that. What's most amazing about Rossi though is his history with Petroldragon, & his ECAT scam having fully occurred in the smart phone era. A near moron could find in a few clicks there was extremely strong evidence this guy is a total fraud with no morals, yet his new con garnered many millions. It's near unfathomable. Reminiscent of a certain Bible character, 'Saint' Paul, or Saul.

SeaGypsy blames poor Rossi for his little ecat scam will being totally oblivious to the fact that the Large Hadron Collider is a TOTAL SCAM...see here...all of Particle "Physics" is just one big scam. Dozens of nobel prize "winners" have turned the nobel into a worthless piece of paper:

shall argue in my book that particle physics, as practiced since 1930, is a futile enterprise in its entirety. Indeed physics, after the groundbreaking findings at the beginning of the twentieth century, has undergone a paradigmatic change that has turned it into another science, or better, a high-tech sport, that has little to do with the laws of Nature

http://blog.alexander-unzicker.com/?p=57

This scam wasted trillions of dollars.

Other scams like the ITER Fusion Experiment Scam and The "National" "Ignition" Facility scam waste 100's of billions.

Apparently, this doesn't bother SeaGypsy. Only Rossi' ecat is worthy of anger.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 17 Nov 2018, 04:26:53

You really are a dickhead. The thread title is LENR/ ECAT, not "general boondoggle energy scams". Get back in your box.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 29 May 2019, 02:04:46

Here we go again: ‘Cold case’ of cold fusion reopened by Google-funded scientists
28 May 2019
Scientists at Google and several research institutes in North America have reopened what they call the “cold case” of cold fusion. The researchers argue that those dismissing work on cold fusion – for which there is no reproducible experimental evidence – may have been “premature” in their assessment of its worth. The team has also carried out experiments of its own, which did not provide any evidence for cold fusion. Despite the many failures to observe cold fusion, the scientists maintain that the case is not yet closed. They also argue that cold-fusion research benefits other areas of science and technology.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Tue 20 Aug 2019, 20:34:46

Rossi's still at it:
Andrea Rossi EcatSK demo JANUARY 31, 2019
and Industrial Heat is in the news:
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... dford.html
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Peak_Yeast » Wed 28 Aug 2019, 06:43:54

An equivalent case:

"Still no definite and solid proof that God does not exist"
"If democracy is the least bad form of government - then why dont we try it for real?"
Peak_Yeast
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby diemos » Sat 09 Nov 2019, 16:31:08

Oh my ... has it been another year already. Well here goes.

Eight years ago the LENR age began as Andrea Rossi demonstrated his 1MW E-Cat plant to a stunned world. Since that momentous day the world has been completely transformed. Adoption of the E-Cat technology has been going full speed ahead with units rolling of the Chinese assembly lines as fast as they can be installed. Fossil fuel use has collapsed as this revolutionary technology has made old sources of energy obsolete. The world has rejoiced knowing that climate change is no longer an issue with limitless carbon free energy available to the world.

At least until San Diego was destroyed by terrorists using an improvised LENR device. But with the new technology controls and international inspection regime it is likely that LENR will never again fall into the hands of terrorists and people can rest easy.

Oh wait ... none of this has happened.

Rossi's gizmo quietly disappeared never to be seen again. Not a single watt is being generated anywhere in the world via LENR. We're still almost totally dependent on fossil fuels.

How odd.

Well, I'm sure the limitless free energy that violates the laws of physics will be here ... any ... day ... now.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 10 Nov 2019, 05:47:30

diemos wrote:Well, I'm sure the limitless free energy that violates the laws of physics will be here ... any ... day ... now.

Approaching bubble of true vacuum might be only few light hours away...
Vacuum with cosmological constant, eg the one we are used to must be metastable.
Mass of Higgs boson determined few years ago is also indicating that.
Free energy people may one day get much more than they are bargaining for.

Not a single watt is being generated anywhere in the world via LENR.

Who knows? Universe wide it might be the case.
Far ends of Gaussian curve... non zero probabilities... tunnelling effect...nonillions of cubic light years.
Who knows... maybe just a single watt...
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 10 Nov 2019, 15:06:16

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
diemos wrote:Well, I'm sure the limitless free energy that violates the laws of physics will be here ... any ... day ... now.

Approaching bubble of true vacuum might be only few light hours away...
Vacuum with cosmological constant, eg the one we are used to must be metastable.
Mass of Higgs boson determined few years ago is also indicating that.
Free energy people may one day get much more than they are bargaining for.

Not a single watt is being generated anywhere in the world via LENR.

Who knows? Universe wide it might be the case.
Far ends of Gaussian curve... non zero probabilities... tunnelling effect...nonillions of cubic light years.
Who knows... maybe just a single watt...

Energy, you'd be a great hit among folks like the flat earthers.

The universe MIGHT be composed of purple dinosaurs, BTW.

Or maybe, just maybe, as science evolves, immature or incorrect theories, when later corrected, don't imply the universe is likely to end catastrophically real soon now, and thus we should worry about that. :idea: Or, maybe you could take up writing scary sci-fi short stories and actually produce something re such ideas. (Writers have destroyed earth and its surroundings MANY times in such stories over the past 6 decades or so -- it's not a new idea).

But by all means do carry on. If doomers can't find convincing FUD to spread about the economy, peak oil, etc., why not try arm waving, big science words, and the word "might"? :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 11 Nov 2019, 13:57:39

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Energy, you'd be a great hit among folks like the flat earthers.

Why do you think so?

The universe MIGHT be composed of purple dinosaurs, BTW.

Unlikely to the extreme.
Colour "purple" corresponds to ~400-430nm wavelength. If they are at least 200nm across (1/2 wavelength) or bigger, we would be able to see them under different microscopes and if they are smaller, calling them purple would be meaningless unless they exist in large aggregations... but then everything would be purple if Universe is made of them.

Or maybe, just maybe, as science evolves, immature or incorrect theories, when later corrected, don't imply the universe is likely to end catastrophically real soon now, and thus we should worry about that.

Existing theory is not saying that it is going to happen anytime soon (or very far in the future), but as we understand it, it is expected to happen at some point. No one knows when.
Metastable systems can enjoy extremely long life.
So there is no need to "correct" anything here.
But if it *does* happen within our lifetime or at the time where any sentient beings still exist, they will not have enough time to realize what's going on, so they won't be able to discuss it.

Or, maybe you could take up writing scary sci-fi short stories and actually produce something re such ideas. (Writers have destroyed earth and its surroundings MANY times in such stories over the past 6 decades or so -- it's not a new idea).

First have to complete my PV project and later I will still have more interesting things to do.
Story would be very short as well.
Quantum vacuum decay would proceed with speed of light - so nothing would be observed and no one who witnessed it would be able to determine why or when it have happened.

But by all means do carry on. If doomers can't find convincing FUD to spread about the economy, peak oil, etc., why not try arm waving, big science words, and the word "might"? :roll:

I suspect, you just *might* be concerned that your final years or days of life will not pass peacefully, if doom have come to the theatre near you.
You may need medication which *might* no longer be available in your area or too expensive to pay for or you *might* not be able to defend yourself against desperados armed with machetes. You *might* also simply go hungry or face a darkness if grid went down.
So you are mentally denying any such possibility, just to feel safer.
I can understand you.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 12 Nov 2020, 19:37:00

NASA Claims Cold Fusion Without Naming It

Do you remember in 1989 when two chemists announced they’d created a setup that created nuclear fusion at room temperature? Everyone was excited, but it eventually turned out to be very suspect. It wasn’t clear how they detected that fusion occurred and only a few of the many people who tried to replicate the experiment claimed success and they later retracted their reports. Since then, mentioning cold fusion is right up there with perpetual motion. Work does continue though, and NASA recently published several papers on lattice confinement fusion which is definitely not called cold fusion, although it sounds like it to us.

The idea of trapping atoms inside a metallic crystal lattice isn’t new, dating back to the 1920s. It sounds as though the NASA method uses erbium packed with deuterium. Photons cause some of the deuterium to fuse. Unlike earlier attempts, this method produces detectable neutron emissions characteristic of fusion.

This isn’t as seductive a proposition as having a beaker of heavy water and little else, though, because you do need a source of electrons to kick off the reaction. Still, this should point the way to future research and maybe even inspire some garage experiments.

Keep in mind there is a big difference between creating net positive energy via fusion and just fusing a few atoms together. We’ve seen a few fusors that can pull that off.

https://hackaday.com/2020/09/28/nasa-cl ... naming-it/
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby diemos » Fri 13 Nov 2020, 00:22:29

Oh my ... has it been another year already. Well here goes.

Nine years ago the LENR age began as Andrea Rossi demonstrated his 1MW E-Cat plant to a stunned world. Since that momentous day the world has been completely transformed.
Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have stabilized at 400 ppm as fossil fuel use has collapsed. The middle east is at peace ... or at least nobody notices the carnage any more as no one cares. The stars have been blotted out as lights shine across the earth.

Rossi's gizmo quietly disappeared never to be seen again. Not a single watt is being generated anywhere in the world via LENR. We're still almost totally dependent on fossil fuels.

How odd.

Well, I'm sure the limitless free energy that violates the laws of physics will be here ... any ... day ... now.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Fri 13 Nov 2020, 15:44:48

diemos wrote:Oh my ... has it been another year already. Well here goes.

Nine years ago the LENR age began as Andrea Rossi demonstrated his 1MW E-Cat plant to a stunned world. Since that momentous day the world has been completely transformed.
Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have stabilized at 400 ppm as fossil fuel use has collapsed. The middle east is at peace ... or at least nobody notices the carnage any more as no one cares. The stars have been blotted out as lights shine across the earth.

How odd.

Don't despair.
They are about to bring to market energy extracted from neutrinos:
https://revolution-green.com/neutron-po ... y-promise/
Neutrinos are everywhere so batteries will be self charging so cars will be moving with no other fuel than omnipresent neutrinos.
And there will be no waste.
And neutrinos seeped from energy will make a perfect light gas to fill balloons :-D :-D :-D
When fraudster meet a stupid profits never end :-D :-D :-D
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby diemos » Fri 13 Nov 2020, 21:00:06

EnergyUnlimited wrote:They are about to bring to market energy extracted from neutrinos:

Sweet Yeshua Christos.

There's this entire "go fund me", "kickstarter" fraudster culture preying on the technical illiteracy of the public.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Mon 16 Nov 2020, 14:44:10

diemos wrote:
EnergyUnlimited wrote:They are about to bring to market energy extracted from neutrinos:

Sweet Yeshua Christos.

There's this entire "go fund me", "kickstarter" fraudster culture preying on the technical illiteracy of the public.

Given that mainstream physics is all GARBAGE, what exactly constitutes literacy? Oh I know, Diemos the Dolt will chime in next year spouting meaningless drivel like "violates the laws of physics" rather than just admitting its only encoded experience. If the "genius" phd physicists had studied pigs and chickens they wouldn't believe human consciousness is possible either.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby diemos » Wed 18 Nov 2020, 22:54:08

StarvingLion wrote:Given that mainstream physics is all GARBAGE, what exactly constitutes literacy?

You are surrounded by gizmos that actually work.

They work because they are designed and built in accordance with the nature of the physical reality that you live in.

The microwave oven sets up a standing electromagnetic wave that jiggles the polar water molecules to rotate and they then convert that rotational energy into heat.
Your refrigerator compresses and expands gas to pull heat out of the refrigerator and expel it into the room.
The MRI machine stimulates the atoms in your body to emit radio waves which are recorded and converted into a three dimensional image of your innards.
Your cell phone receive timing signal from atomic clocks located on GPS satellites and uses the arrival time difference between the signal to triangulate your position and time. They then use the measured geoid to convert the x,y,z coordinates into latitude, longitude and altitude.
mRNA vaccines enter your cells and use the protein synthesis machinery to make virus spike proteins so that your immune system will recognize them and be ready to fight off the real virus.

You might not understand how any of these gizmos work but there are people in the world who do, since every one of these gizmos comes from the minds and hands of men. Men who use the knowledge accumulated over the past 500 years through the tedious and painstaking work of generations of the smartest people to understand the nature and the laws that govern the operation of the physical world. Knowledge that is freely available to any one who is willing to pick up a textbook and is willing to invest the time and has the talents to be able to understand it.

And how useful it is to understand it. Since it gives one the ability to tell the difference between ideas that could possibly fit into the framework of ideas that make all of the gizmos possible, vs the ideas that litter the internet that are refined weapons-grade bullshitium that have no chance of actually working.

"Science is a religion!"
Well then, it's the first religion in the history of the world that can reliably make real things happen in the real world on a consistent basis.

"I don't believe in Science!"
And yet I don't see anyone logging out of FaceBook, putting down the cell phone, and running off to join the Amish to begin their pre-technological existence of candle dipping, yarn spinning and staring at the back end of a mule as they plow the north forty.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 19 Nov 2020, 10:40:22

diemos wrote:"I don't believe in Science!"
And yet I don't see anyone logging out of FaceBook, putting down the cell phone, and running off to join the Amish to begin their pre-technological existence of candle dipping, yarn spinning and staring at the back end of a mule as they plow the north forty.

This is the only part of your long post I actually object to. The Amish are not pre-technological, they have chosen a technology level around 1850 which they consider to be how humans should live in harmony with their religious beliefs in how we treat the natural world. IOW they use all the technology from before that date that science built from the beginnings of the Renaissance through the first 350 years of advances. They just believe that when humans started using fossil fuels to mass produce consumer goods in factories, produce electricity and so on that they went beyond what their faith teaches them is acceptable.

I don't agree with them nor do I accept their position about when "progress" became antithetical to human existence, but I fully support their right to their beliefs which they do not use violence or force to maintain or spread. Contrary to popular belief the Amish I have met are quite willing to use modern medicine and to hire modern farmers to help them out if they are running behind and they have a good relationship with a neighboring modern farm. Many of the Amish I have met have jobs in modern buildings with regular management doing regular things to earn cash they use to buy modern medical treatment, modern seeds for their crop rotation, outside livestock to add to their breeding stock and so on and so forth. They don't live in super isolated communities where outsiders are driven away with pitchforks and torches, they just choose not to use what most of us consider modern technology in their personal lives.

P.S. I met a few Amish when I was married and had a sister in law who was a Mennonite. The Mennonite and Amish often have neighboring communities where those Amish who choose to leave the 1850 lifestyle can still marry someone who shares their core religious beliefs with the exception of thinking Progress should have stopped in 1850.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:48:28

Or simply how so many who "don't believe in science" are just FINE with all the scientific technologies they take advantage of EVERY DAY, like smart phones, the internet, modern cars, jet planes, modern heating and cooling systems, a vast litany of things with electronics to make them work better and more reliably, and ON and ON.

Maybe they think all that just fell out of the sky or that "God" magically provided them, and that the evil concept of science wasn't involved. :badgrin:

Yet in the real world, the economy doesn't run only on rules from stone tablets.

If people were bacteria, they'd have an excuse for being so clueless. For supposedly having the average IQ of 100 -- NOT SO MUCH.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 19 Nov 2020, 16:05:43

Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Or simply how so many who "don't believe in science" are just FINE

Both of you don't seem to understand what the term "I don't believe in science" means.

It is the believe that science doesn't make for a better life. It comes from the true realization that people 40 years ago were able to laugh, love and live the same as people today. And the people 80 years ago the same as the people 40 years ago. Even without all the gadgets and gimmicks of today.

The people that don't believe in science don't worship the science god in hoping that if only we had another science breakthrough life would be so much better.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 19 Nov 2020, 18:36:54

mousepad wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Since when is cherry picking part of a quote credible? If that's how you want to "win" an argument, fine. Join the group who claims economic doom while denying basic supply and demand theory, for example.

Meanwhile, in the real world, population continues to increase geometrically due to things like religion, and races scientific achievement, like improving food production.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 19 Nov 2020, 19:54:12

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
mousepad wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Join the group who claims economic doom while denying basic supply and demand theory, for example.

The conclusions you're arriving at, man. Just because I don't believe in science to make life better, I'm not a doomer. I believe science is a very good tool to send a man to the moon. But science fails badly in things that matter to me. For example science can't make me happy or make me laugh. That's why I don't believe in science.

BTW, do you think inflation will become a problem for the US? Or is that all scaremongering?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology