Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Collapse of trickle-down freakconomics

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:26:29

Trickle-down and race are two mostly separate issues.

Trickle-down is similar to ETP in the sense that you start with a favored conclusion and then manufacture a rationalization for it. In ETP's case, the conclusion being doom despite low oil prices. For trickle-down, to simply justify greed along the lines of "I'm alright Jack, keep your hands off of my stack."

History has shown that capitalism, left to its own devices, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer to the point of eventual collapse (most likely violent). That is not to suggest communism would be better, but the sweet spot in the 20th century involved lots of sane corporate regulation and tax laws. Those went out the window during the Reagan administration. Nevertheless, even under his watch, Bell Telephone was broken up. Could we possibly see any sort of trust-busting like that again in the 21st century? Is Amazon, Apple, or Disney a little too big? What about Exxon??? Banks have been consolidating now for decades too. That probably played into the housing crisis.

Companies beyond a certain point wind up taking on the power of government, similar to how the church was a de facto government entity in the middle-ages. Too much worship is placed on captains of industry and not enough acknowledgment of the liabilities of power corrupting. The only corporations the right hates are high-tech and only because of the threat of censoring their propaganda.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 26 Aug 2020, 19:40:21

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby careinke » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 04:35:30

asg70 wrote:Trickle-down and race are two mostly separate issues.

Trickle-down is similar to ETP in the sense that you start with a favored conclusion and then manufacture a rationalization for it. In ETP's case, the conclusion being doom despite low oil prices. For trickle-down, to simply justify greed along the lines of "I'm alright Jack, keep your hands off of my stack."

History has shown that capitalism, left to its own devices, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer to the point of eventual collapse (most likely violent). That is not to suggest communism would be better, but the sweet spot in the 20th century involved lots of sane corporate regulation and tax laws. Those went out the window during the Reagan administration. Nevertheless, even under his watch, Bell Telephone was broken up. Could we possibly see any sort of trust-busting like that again in the 21st century? Is Amazon, Apple, or Disney a little too big? What about Exxon??? Banks have been consolidating now for decades too. That probably played into the housing crisis.

Companies beyond a certain point wind up taking on the power of government, similar to how the church was a de facto government entity in the middle-ages. Too much worship is placed on captains of industry and not enough acknowledgment of the liabilities of power corrupting. The only corporations the right hates are high-tech and only because of the threat of censoring their propaganda.

Holy S#IT asg70, we agree on something! Awesome!
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 07:53:14

asg70 wrote:TThe only corporations the right hates are high-tech and only because of the threat of censoring their propaganda.

I don't think so. I'm pretty right wing, but I certainly don't hate high tech. Damn, I'm entangled up to my eyeballs in sillicon valley high-tech myself.
But I hate large bullying corporations. Doesn't matter if it's monsanto or apple or nestle.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 10:08:50

When I say they hate high tech I mean they hate the leftists who RUN high tech, not hating the tech itself.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 11:03:21

Globalism, financialization, and lack of political will have resulted in the crisis we are in now. Economics is more politics than science yet nobody wants to touch the politics because that is where the real pain and accountability is.

“The Real Hole In Jackson Hole”
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/real- ... ckson-hole

“Market Power, Inequality, and Financial Instability”. Its abstract argues: “Over the last four decades, the US economy has experienced a few secular trends, each of which may be considered undesirable in some aspects: declining labor share; rising profit share; rising income and wealth inequalities; and rising household sector leverage, and associated financial instability. We develop a real business cycle model and show that the rise of market power of the firms in both product and labor markets over the last four decades can generate all of these secular trends. We derive macroprudential policy implications for financial stability…we are back to political-economy. Politicians have the power to deal with social transformation, concentration of wealth in a few hands, massive inequalities, competition issues and all that. Or they do if they aren’t listening to economists and central bankers who won’t address these issues because “economics is a science and not political”. Again, there’s the real hole in Jackson Hole.”
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 15:41:51

Sigh....all roads here seem to lead to Zerohedge. So tedious.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bochen777 » Thu 27 Aug 2020, 18:11:19

White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ice-report

As a Chinese American in texas I guess I'm getting gassed soon
bochen777
Permanently Banned

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 28 Aug 2020, 05:46:11

bochen777 wrote:White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says

I used to think that a tyrant would have a hard time finding enforcers from among the American people. I've been proven wrong. It isn't hard to find enforcers from among those who believe that if they don't win in November the country will go away.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Thu 03 Sep 2020, 13:23:07

bochen777 wrote:White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says

Because The Guardian is God's voice of truth (TM), like the New York Times, right? Funny how this issue is being spun about only now. More diversionary pap for the weak minded who need the fake stream media to tell them what to think.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 03 Sep 2020, 18:26:58

REAL GREEN wrote:Politicians have the power to deal with social transformation, concentration of wealth in a few hands, massive inequalities, competition issues and all that. Or they do if they aren’t listening to economists and central bankers who won’t address these issues because “economics is a science and not political”

They aren't listening because they have their hands over their ears and don't want to listen. They have us right where they want us, evidently.

They only problem is whether we open our eyes and keep them open. The system is working as intended even if it cannot go on forever. At the end of this scheme, a very few with own everything. The only question is what happens then? That's anyone's guess actually.

My accountant is recommending that I take my social security benefits NOW, but I expect to live another fifteen years barring Guy McPherson's climate revenge. Having economic jitters is neither left nor right, but here and now.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby bochen777 » Fri 04 Sep 2020, 01:27:24

Come October a shit load of young flight attendants will be on the market....
bochen777
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bochen777 » Mon 07 Sep 2020, 22:43:50

bochen777 wrote:In the long run, Mother nature will take its course and always wins out sooner or later.....

This is the collapse of trickle down freakconomics... in plain sight.

Now that the bubble has popped (COVID being the pin) all the every day easy monies are vaporized..... faster than an H bomb

For too long we've had too much "instagram models", "social influencers", "youtube careers" people don't nothing but ridding the gravy cream train of easy money propped up by adverstisment dollars in a CONsumer based eCONomy which itself was predicated upon the CONfident assumption of CONtinous high EROEI / plentiful resources etc.....

Pregnancy Plans - YouTube Money - Thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MTf4rk4mI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kl5EzTDyo

Handicapped dude that wouldn't survive for two hours out in the wild back in the stone age is (was) now riding on the tail-end of YouTube ad money in order to support his out of his league live in nanny turned girlfriend and soon to be wife and mother of his artificial seedling....
Too bad for him, COVID caused a chain reaction in which he is now forcibly quarantined for months if not years on end, and his viewership has already dropped through the floor... even notwithstanding the fact that ad dollars are going to dry up pretty crispy soon....

Quarantined in Barcelona - Enjoying the small things | International Couple 국제커플
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKlRJroIMRQ

An attractive young interracial couple in the Europe whom both met during a modeling photoshoot decided late last year to start their own YouTube channel, no doubt to get on board the "influencer" bandwagon and hop on the easy money express and carve out that niche multistream income plan.... while boom came COVID, just when they were getting traction on their newly started channel by darting cross the world they darted themselves into a lockdown zone.... hard times ahead.....

JOB UPDATE | Flight Attendant Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbCZ25dqjM

Funny all the new flight attendants thots wannabe instagram models that have all of a sudden seemingly all recently flocked to starting their own YouTube "flight attendant lifestyle" channels after realizing the jig was up and that soon their globe trotting days are in the rear view mirror.... Dumb ass bitch realizes the airliner industry is dead man walking but still too stupid to refrain from stating in the video towards the end that "At least I have youtube"

So guys remember this disabled/ inter-able coupled I commented on when back in March the lockdown just started?

Well the follow up is their wedding was reduced to a "zoom" wedding, which is to say it was basically just to two of them at home...
and the wifey that was trying on all these fancy dressess and was gonna surprise her husband with one on wedding day ended up borrowing her mom's wedding dress with does not fit on her at all....

This is the American Dream turned into the American Nightmare...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ix30SJlVk
bochen777
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance