Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global demand for oil & gas will continue to INCREASE

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Global demand for oil & gas will continue to INCREASE

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 02 Jul 2020, 21:38:42

jedrider wrote:Got to go to these sets of quotes whenever I'm dismayed like this:

Albert Einstein's Best Quotes
The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

That does a disservice to my education, though, which was good considering how poor a student I was. I don't feel I was lied to very often, although they did leave out a hell of a lot!

I once was a student. By the time my education was complete, I just wanted to get the hell out of school and work. Not take tests, not regurgitate answers, just...work. So I did that for awhile. Then I changed careers, and suddenly the ability to learn and think for oneself was paramount. To study and understand and build better ideas and concepts, and advance some facet of science. I became a student again. Haven't stopped since then.

I'm quite the fan of a quote attributed to another smart fellow. Interestingly, this quote shows up as an Albert Einstein one as well. Doesn't matter to me which one figured it out I suppose.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Global demand for oil & gas will continue to INCREASE

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Jul 2020, 16:50:20

mousepad wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Sure. Let's pretend that, for example, oil production and GDP over the last 50 years had no correlation. Let's pretend also that, say, the US stock market, gaining about 9% before inflation since 1929 (when good records started being kept) is not a trend.
LOL

What's your point? Why do we need to pretend?

I was being sarcastic.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion