Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The secular religion of woke

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The secular religion of woke

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 22:42:03

jedrider wrote:
asg70 wrote:
jedrider wrote:Christopher Columbus. Put him in a Colonization Museum where he belongs. Show the 'Indians' being scalped.

There are scant few figures in history for whom you can't find some dirt on. Like if we get rid of Columbus Day should we also get rid of MLK day because of this?

https://theconversation.com/im-an-mlk-s ... ght-118015

That's why I said
I think history ought to be weighed

MLK stays. Columbus, I don't really care about. He can stay, too.

Do we still celebrate Columbus Day anywhere? I think that can REALLY go, like gone.

We do still celebrate Columbus Day in Miami, in a pretty unique way. It is the day of the year when we throw what may just be the biggest boat party/orgy in the world. There are two main events, the Miami Columbus Day Regatta and the Miami Columbus Day Weekend at Elliot Key. Google it! It usually happens on Biscayne Bay South, SE, or SW of Key Biscayne, depending on the weather. Thousands of boats throw their anchors and tie themselves to each other, and people walk or swim from one boat to another and get drunk, high, and naked. The party usually begins on Friday and ends on Monday morning, though some people stay for a full week. You've got to see it to believe it!
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion