Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Climate

Peak Climate

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 29 Jun 2020, 14:43:26

Why Birds Can Fly Over Mount Everest
http://nautil.us/issue/86/energy/why-birds-can-fly-over-mount-everest

I like good summaries of how we got to where we are.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Peak Climate

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 15:37:40

The questions:

Why do Birds fly?

How did we wind up with such huge stores of buried fossil fuels?

Have the same answer.

That is just brilliant and makes me so happy to be alive in this great end-times.

We all should be appreciative. As our natural legacies are disappearing on us, we finally can appreciate their significance.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:00:28

"In association with the record warmth (https://twitter.com/ZLabe/status/1274400286279233536), #Arctic sea ice extent along the Siberian coastline is currently a record low for the date. [Regions include the East Siberian, Laptev, and Kara Seas]"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbDTWbVU0AA ... name=large
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 19:02:49

MOAR:
“So it goes - anomalous (even record-breaking: https://twitter.com/WorldClimateSvc/sta ... 7650968579) warmth continues in parts of Siberia (shifted a bit to the east)... Fire [Map from http://karstenhaustein.com/climate
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ea-TubVU4AE ... ame=medium
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 02:25:00

jedrider or anyone. Similar style trivia.

The questions:

Why is the Arctic heating twice as fast as the rest of the planet?

Why does the wind blow?

Have the same answer.

The link below is related to the Nautilus piece

Burning coal may have caused Earth’s worst mass extinction

Earth turned into a toxic hellscape

Burger’s samples painted a grim picture of Earth’s environment at the end of the Permian period. A sharp drop in calcium carbonate levels indicated that the oceans had become acidic. A similar decline in organic content matched up with the immense loss of life in the oceans during this period. The presence of pyrite pointed to an anoxic ocean (without oxygen), meaning the oceans were effectively one massive dead zone.

Bacteria ate the oversupply of dead bodies, producing hydrogen sulfide gas, creating a toxic atmosphere. The hydrogen sulfide oxidized in the atmosphere to form sulfur dioxide, creating acid rain, which killed much of the plant life on Earth. Elevated barium levels in the samples had likely been carried up from the ocean depths by a massive release of methane.

The culprit: burning coal

https://www.skepticalscience.com/burnin ... ction.html
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 09:22:22

FamousDrScanlon wrote:The culprit: burning coal

Hey, Real Green. Trivia question for you. Which candidate in 2016 said he would "bring back coal"? Which candidate did you, in your "real green" shamanistic wisdom, decide to vote for?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 09:48:16

asg70 wrote:
FamousDrScanlon wrote:The culprit: burning coal

asg70 wrote:Hey, Real Green. Trivia question for you. Which candidate in 2016 said he would "bring back coal"? Which candidate did you, in your "real green" shamanistic wisdom, decide to vote for?

Hey hit man (Asgee), FamousDrScanlon is a JuanP sock so talk to him.

In regards to your misplace question assuming I am FamousDrScanlon, waxing your EV and whining Trump derangement is not helping the environment. I am actually living a lower footprint you talk about it and in a FAKE Green way. I have renewables and you don't (at least that I have seen you admit to in a comment). You are living a higher footprint and fooling yourself that trump derangement will save the environment. Trump has been around 3 short years so I think the real culprit is people like you living the 6 figure lifestyle. A 6 figure guy like you has a big footprint and proud of it. He hides behind the EV and Trump derangmenets to justify his dirty behavior. Trump will be gone soon then who will you blame?
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 11:41:52

REAL Green wrote:I am actually living a lower footprint you talk about it and in a FAKE Green way.

The impact of the macro beats the micro every time, dude. Helping Trump win cost the environment many times more than is saved by your so-called lower footprint. You can try to rationalize it all you want but that dog won't hunt.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 11:53:49

asg70 wrote:
REAL Green wrote:I am actually living a lower footprint you talk about it and in a FAKE Green way.

The impact of the macro beats the micro every time, dude. Helping Trump win cost the environment many times more than is saved by your so-called lower footprint. You can try to rationalize it all you want but that dog won't hunt.

Hit man, Go wax your EV, FAKE Green. You are delusional about the reality of green With your micro/macro crap. BTW, your support of Hillary in 16 means you are complicit in her criminality. Now you are pushing a rapist and a thief with dementia. I call that complete Intellectual negligence. At least be like me and not vote.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 12:53:32

How about you just admit you were wrong and move forward?

Your ego is too fragile to withstand such a thing?

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 12:59:53

asg70 wrote:How about you just admit you were wrong and move forward?

Your ego is too fragile to withstand such a thing?

You first. You are the stalker
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 13:33:18

REAL Green wrote:You first. You are the stalker

Huh? What was I wrong about in 2016? What makes me a stalker? I don't know anything about you that wasn't disclosed here. Bottom line is you position yourself as the voice of authority on all matters green (up to and including your pompous username) but in the end you have no integrity.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 14:23:49

asg70 wrote:Huh? What was I wrong about in 2016?

read the comment feed I don't feel like repeating myself.

asg70 wrote:What makes me a stalker?

You follow every comment I make and attack me every chance you feel you can. You are the JuanP of the moderated side.

asg70 wrote:Bottom line is you position yourself as the voice of authority on all matters green (up to and including your pompous username) but in the end you have no integrity.

That is your excuse to stalk, discredit my message and ad hom me personally. I comment and debate just like other here. You are part of the woke cancel crowd and want me to the back of the bus or off the bus so you can drive the narrative. Bottom line is you are addicted to finding pleasure in attacking people you don't agree with.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 Jul 2020, 23:49:35

REAL Green wrote:You follow every comment I make and attack me every chance you feel you can. You are the JuanP of the moderated side.

Don't worry. I'll probably ignore you soon considering you rarely have anything worth my time to even address. I mean, you have a very limited repertoire, after which you just repeat your riffs ad nauseam.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby REAL Green » Thu 02 Jul 2020, 05:39:40

asg70 wrote:
REAL Green wrote:You follow every comment I make and attack me every chance you feel you can. You are the JuanP of the moderated side.

Don't worry. I'll probably ignore you soon considering you rarely have anything worth my time to even address. I mean, you have a very limited repertoire, after which you just repeat your riffs ad nauseam.

LOL, I have heard that before and stalkers like you keep coming back. Besides I am the one that told you that I avoid you first. Your comments are low quality with a bad attitude. Go over to the unmoderated side where you belong.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 02 Jul 2020, 11:31:20

REAL Green wrote:
asg70 wrote:

LOL, I have heard that before and stalkers like you keep coming back. Besides I am the one that told you that I avoid you first. Your comments are low quality with a bad attitude. Go over to the unmoderated side where you belong.

Hey, if you want to call my bluff, fine. I'm ignoring you as of now. The war you're waging with Kub is of interest to me, though, so I'll probably chime in there regardless.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Permanently Banned

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate