Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 3

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 15:30:12

It seems Murkowski has come out against having witness’. So unless someone unexpected changes their vote that pretty much ends the impeachment.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby careinke » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 23:55:10

Cog wrote:
careinke wrote:I can't figure out why they can't say who the whistleblower is? Is there a court order or something??

I will say his name. its Eric Ciaramella. A long time CIA employee and the so called whistle-blower. He worked for Joe Biden and his been the source of many of the leaks from the Trump Whitehouse. This is the guy who Lt Colonel Vindman, who was assigned to listen in on the Ukraine phone call, leaked this information to. The guy is a professional leaker of anything he perceives as harmful to the president.

I always find some humor in his name, CIAramella, almost karmic. We will see....
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Sat 01 Feb 2020, 03:51:02

Pelosi and Schumer said Trump's acquittal won't be legitimate since there weren't witnesses. But of course they didn't accept his election as legitimate either.

And Trump is supposed to be the divisive one? Their heads are really going to explode when Trump wins reelection.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 01 Feb 2020, 09:00:06

And now we are going to waste time while all hundred Senators get to make a speech about how there vote is the right and honorable thing, for or against ,just so they can use the tape in their next campaign. Some of their opponents will use the tape against them if they are not clever in what they say. Oh well I wasn't going to watch it anyway.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Sat 01 Feb 2020, 12:27:19

vtsnowedin wrote:And now we are going to waste time while all hundred Senators get to make a speech about how there vote is the right and honorable thing, for or against ,just so they can use the tape in their next campaign. Some of their opponents will use the tape against them if they are not clever in what they say. Oh well I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

So, if the Senate basically rubber stamps everything the President does, it hardly serves any purpose then? Are these guys overpaid for their jobs?
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sat 01 Feb 2020, 17:56:30

jedrider wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:And now we are going to waste time while all hundred Senators get to make a speech about how there vote is the right and honorable thing, for or against ,just so they can use the tape in their next campaign. Some of their opponents will use the tape against them if they are not clever in what they say. Oh well I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

So, if the Senate basically rubber stamps everything the President does, it hardly serves any purpose then? Are these guys overpaid for their jobs?

The 2/3 vote to convict serves a great purpose, it prevents an impeachment based on partisan politics. It certainly served it's purpose this time.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 13:31:54

I’m just coming back online after being “internet free” for a few days. We were in Barbuda, 1,700 folks and about as many donkeys, about like the USA.

Anyway I finally get internet service, look up the news, and the first thing I see is Trump holding up a banner headline reading “Acquitted”.

I find it interesting no one else here has commented on it.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 13:38:32

The results were purely political and I don't think a great deal should be made of it, although the media does try.

Everyone stuck to their group:

Democrat
Independent
Mormon
Republican

Nothing more to be said.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 13:41:38

Newfie wrote:I’m just coming back online after being “internet free” for a few days. We were in Barbuda, 1,700 folks and about as many donkeys, about like the USA.

Anyway I finally get internet service, look up the news, and the first thing I see is Trump holding up a banner headline reading “Acquitted”.

I find it interesting no one else here has commented on it.
Well your about the only one that didn't get the word. Also it was mixed in with the Iowa caucus debacle and the "State of the union" speech so was just one of many news stories. If you bought any Tesla stock you have done well while you were out of touch.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 15:50:30

It is an odd coincidence that the timing worked out as it did, the “not guilty” just in time for the SOTU. And the person who orchestrated this Time table was Nancy. She must be very pleased with how this turned out.

Iowa, out of her control, must make it seem like God hates her.

I’m not sure how Tesla plays into this though.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 07:05:50

Newfie wrote:

Just an aside of something as news worthy as this political fiasco happening at the same time.
The DJIA closed Thursday at $29,379 which shows you how unconcerned the markets are with impeachment.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 08:16:50

Thanks
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 09:25:14

It has come to some Democrat Congress members that continuing to hound Trump actually strengthens him for the next election. A bit of caution is advised. They should not move forward on a second impeachment article until after they have shown the underlying evidence to the GOP senators and have the twenty votes needed for removal before they do anything publicly. If they don't have the votes don't waste the public's time and money.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 11:33:53

Newfie wrote:It is an odd coincidence that the timing worked out as it did, the “not guilty” just in time for the SOTU. And the person who orchestrated this Time table was Nancy. She must be very pleased with how this turned out.

Iowa, out of her control, must make it seem like God hates her.

It was the other way around, SOTU came Tuesday night, Acquittal late Wednesday afternoon.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 15:29:07

OK and thanks. We were on Barbuda for a few days, not much there.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 17:33:34

Newfie wrote:OK and thanks. We were on Barbuda for a few days, not much there.

We had freezing rain here last night and this morning and now it is snowing a couple of inches an hour with cold sub zero Canadian air moving in with high winds tomorrow so you must forgive me if I can't find any sympathy for your out of touch circumstances. :badgrin:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 18:05:23

vtsnowedin wrote:

We had freezing rain here last night and this morning and now it is snowing a couple of inches an hour with cold sub zero Canadian air moving in with high winds tomorrow so you must forgive me if I can't find any sympathy for your out of touch circumstances. :badgrin:

You're missing out on Antarctica. It supposedly reached 68 Fahrenheit today. That's much better than the 100+ Fahrenheit that Australia gets. It's a good temperature for a long trek, too.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 12:47:33

jedrider wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

You're missing out on Antarctica. It supposedly reached 68 Fahrenheit today. That's much better than the 100+ Fahrenheit that Australia gets. It's a good temperature for a long trek, too.

Now if we could just get the Democrat leaders to all go to Antarctica to document first hand how Trump is killing the planet and have them take a long trek towards the south pole and have some unfortunate difficulty arise that strands them there. :mrgreen:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Sun 09 Feb 2020, 14:01:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvoFfjn2do

So we have Trump subjected to a show trial "impeachment" over frivolous interpretations of "proper" presidential behaviour while the 3rd world rot under the name Biden gets ignored. Cute how the corrupt Biden family has supposedly been looked over by "authorities" when no such investigation has ever happened. Instead we have the FBI covering for these clowns.

The D. Party rot runs deep in the USA.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to North America Discussion