Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 12

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 17:09:19

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-I'm glad Trump is in there now. I think we'll have a vaccine in a couple of months. (mmasters, 3/17/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 08:41:49

a 2% GDP growth that is only supported by a 5% growth in DEBT has never happened in the US before during a non recession.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Eary__1942 » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 09:05:11

Armageddon wrote:New highs Fed balance sheet, new high $SPX.
Fed balance sheet increased by $43B in the last week.
That's an annualized pace of $2.2 trillion.

Yeap , it's cool.
Eary__1942
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 09:12:42

Had I listened to the doomers here and on Zerohedge and Market Watch, I would have got out of the market in 2009(locking in my losses) and hid my cash under the mattress, instead of making 7% returns since then.

I wonder how much it sucks to be so wrong for over a decade and not hang your head in absolute shame.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 10:55:20

Holiday shopping set records over the weekend, with Super Saturday sales reaching $34.4 billion, the biggest single day in U.S. retail history, according to Customer Growth Partners.

Job growth and fatter wallets, along with stronger household finances, have put consumers in a buying mood this season, Johnson said. And more of them are shopping online. As retailers offer improved web platforms, online spending so far this season has accounted for 58% of sales growth from a year earlier, he said.
Super Saturday’s results topped Black Friday’s $31.2 billion in sales by 10%. The next biggest shopping days were Dec. 14, with $28.1 billion, and Cyber Monday, with $19.1 billion.
While foot traffic was down at most malls, the conversion rate, or the percentage of people who go to malls and make a purchase, rose, Johnson said. Even long-struggling department stores “had their best weekend of the season,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/other/saturday-shopping-sets-us-one-day-sales-record-analyst-says/ar-BBYhl0P

and yet if you believe some of the asshats posting here nobody can afford anything, they are all in massive debt, they have to have second jobs etc. :roll:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 12:33:28

Rockdoc, you really should try reading from sources other than the MSM. You will find a more accurate assessment of the economic situation in the US 8)

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/nor ... ews-23993/
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 13:10:28

onlooker wrote:Rockdoc, you really should try reading from sources other than the MSM. You will find a more accurate assessment of the economic situation in the US 8)

Ahh so read a doomer site for a more balanced view?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 16:29:48

Poverty getting much worse in America

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018 ... e=facebook
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 16:52:34

onlooker wrote:Poverty getting much worse in America

A friend of mine said the amount of homeless has tripled since March in California. Another friend in Portland Oregon said it’s getting crazy there too. Heard Seattle and LV are getting that way too.

Most people are oblivious to what’s really happening in the US.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 19:39:22

Richmond Survey coming in very weak today, coupled with other weak regional surveys. PMI's will almost certainly be ugly in December. Don't sleep. Gold/Silver breakout still continue with a weakening dollar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 21:41:53

Cog wrote:
onlooker wrote:Rockdoc, you really should try reading from sources other than the MSM. You will find a more accurate assessment of the economic situation in the US 8)

Ahh so read a doomer site for a more balanced view?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Onlooker, just because you might hear what you believe frequently in, say, an insane asylum, doesn't mean the residents there are correct in their delusions. Doomer sites frequently predicting imminent doom (i.e. zerohedge) are about as practical a place to get useful information, overall, as an insane asylum.

That conspiracy theory re the MSM crap is just a giant reach by conspiracy theorists who can't handle the fact that reality doesn't gel with their wishes. Whether for a flat earth, faked moon landings, 911 "truth", space aliens all over the place, etc.

Look, it's hilarious to watch a movie like "Men in Black", where they use the crazy-assed newspapers making ridiculous claims, the "Tip Sheets". But in the real world, things like science work over time -- which is why we have progress. And the growing US and global economy for centuries tell us that the basic laws of economics manage to do OK, even if they're not perfect, and even like all science, they change over time as we learn more (recent example: results from experiments in behavioral economics).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 21:52:32

Armageddon wrote:

A friend of mine said the amount of homeless has tripled since March in California. Another friend in Portland Oregon said it’s getting crazy there too. Heard Seattle and LV are getting that way too.

Wow, an uncited friend of yours told you that. Why then, it MUST be true. :roll: :lol:

And you "heard" about other bad news. Well, given your track record, all that MUST be quite accurate as well.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... merica.pdf

Sorry to interrupt your vapid dreams of doom with some actual data, definitions, etc. :roll:

Per the charts: one obvious observation: The left coast, and especially San Francisco is NOT all of America.

But I know, if you can't find doom in the stock market, make sh*t up and claim you never predicted a market crash, despite your endless yammering for a long time.

If you can't find doom in the economy, make sh*t up, or manipulate stats you don't understand to show nonsense (emulating shorty), and use sources like "twitter" and "a friend", and THEN, no doubt, you'll be believed by educated people who look at facts. :roll:

No doubt, you're so clever, you are a successful bridge seller as well.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 21:55:33

World Industrial Production posts first negative y/y print since the recession as World Trade Volume posts 5th straight month of negative y/y readings and lowest since the recession (October data)

This can’t be true. We are in boom times according to the shills here.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 21:57:34

Heard the homeless in Austin Texas is getting bad too.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 23:59:31

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:

Wow, an uncited friend of yours told you that. Why then, it MUST be true. :roll: :lol:

And you "heard" about other bad news. Well, given your track record, all that MUST be quite accurate as well.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... merica.pdf

Sorry to interrupt your vapid dreams of doom with some actual data, definitions, etc. :roll:

Per the charts: one obvious observation: The left coast, and especially San Francisco is NOT all of America.

But I know, if you can't find doom in the stock market, make sh*t up and claim you never predicted a market crash, despite your endless yammering for a long time.

If you can't find doom in the economy, make sh*t up, or manipulate stats you don't understand to show nonsense (emulating shorty), and use sources like "twitter" and "a friend", and THEN, no doubt, you'll be believed by educated people who look at facts. :roll:

No doubt, you're so clever, you are a successful bridge seller as well.

I’ll take anecdotal evidence over manipulated govt data any day of the week.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 03:53:48

I don't get my economic data from the guy at the gas station. I'm just funny that way.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Yoshua » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 04:33:20

World industrial production and world trade have turned negative.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMlpuArUYAE ... ame=medium

Monetary stimulus isn't working anymore. The central banks are losing control.

When the underlying economy goes into contraction, asset prices will soon follow.

Asset prices must rise though, because if they fall, then the banks stop lending...and then everything falls apart.

The world is now approaching the Minsky Moment.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 06:17:52

Yeah, you guys are funny that way :lol:
As the US built up the most potent military ever known on this planet and simultaneously gave fertile ground for the creation of a super wealthy class that spans the planet and is feverishly exploiting the people of the planet and the Environment, uninformed and misled Americans abound, dare I say on this board. Coincidence? Hardly. US Western Hegemony needed the cooperation of its uninformed and misled denizens. To be good little docile workers, tax payers, consumers and soldiers. So keep reading the MSM, lets hope your eventual awakening is not too traumatic 8O
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 06:28:27

I'm continually being told I am being exploited and I should feel bad that rich people exist. But yet, I am comfortably retired and do pretty much what I want to do. Considering the bulk of the planets population live in some sort of abject poverty and struggle, I consider this a sizable win for me. Boomers in the middle class have benefitted greatly from the economy.

At least in America you make a lot of your own luck and fortune and there is considerable blame to be had if you don't. And guess what, most of that blame falls squarely on your own shoulders.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 25 Dec 2019, 09:58:39

onlooker wrote:As the US built up the most potent military ever known on this planet and simultaneously gave fertile ground for the creation of a super wealthy class that spans the planet...

This just sounds like your typical left-wing anti-american anti-capitalist screed. Just because you don't like BAU and want it to crash and burn doesn't mean it isn't continuing apace.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-I'm glad Trump is in there now. I think we'll have a vaccine in a couple of months. (mmasters, 3/17/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance