Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Common Sense Gun Control

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Common Sense Gun Control

Unread postby Cog » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 15:46:20

Red flag laws invite abuse especially in situations of divorce. Your guns can be seized at any time when a domestic partner accuses you of abuse or takes out an order of protection against you. Unproven accusations of abuse are common in divorce cases. What I always advise men going through divorce is to move your guns elsewhere until the proceedings are over. Can't confiscate what isn't there.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 16:57:37

Having been in an abusive divorce that is good advice.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Sat 22 Jun 2019, 17:13:11

Cog wrote:Red flag laws invite abuse especially in situations of divorce. Your guns can be seized at any time when a domestic partner accuses you of abuse or takes out an order of protection against you. Unproven accusations of abuse are common in divorce cases. What I always advise men going through divorce is to move your guns elsewhere until the proceedings are over. Can't confiscate what isn't there.

Yes, that's the way it is here in Canada. I used to know a mens rights activist who had had all his guns seized while he was visiting family in South Africa. The guns were all securely locked up and the wife had the key but she was able to get the police to come and seize them. Men who go through a divorce in Canada can really get screwed by the system.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Previous

Return to North America Discussion