Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

BP Statistical Review 2019

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 13 Jun 2019, 20:46:23

Just looking through the information from the annual BP Statistical Review for 2019.
Here are some interesting highlights:

Primary energy consumption grew at a rate of 2.9% last year, almost double its 10-year average of 1.5% per year, and the fastest since 2010.

By fuel, energy consumption growth was driven by natural gas, which contributed more than 40% of the increase. All fuels grew faster than their 10-year averages, apart from renewables, although renewables still accounted for the second largest increment to energy growth.

China, the US and India together accounted for more than two thirds of the global increase in energy demand, with US consumption expanding at its fastest rate for 30 years.

Oil consumption grew by an above-average 1.4 million barrels per day (b/d), or 1.5%. China (680,000 b/d) and the US (500,000 b/d) were the largest contributors to growth.

Natural gas consumption rose by 195 billion cubic metres (bcm), or 5.3%, one of the fastest rates of growth since 1984.

Coal consumption grew by 1.4%, double its 10-year average growth.


seems at odds with what the ETPers keep telling us that demand is decreasing for energy. :?
User avatar
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon 16 May 2005, 02:00:00

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 14 Jun 2019, 14:13:40

rockdoc123 wrote:Just looking through the information from the annual BP Statistical Review for 2019.
Here are some interesting highlights:

Primary energy consumption grew at a rate of 2.9% last year, almost double its 10-year average of 1.5% per year, and the fastest since 2010.

By fuel, energy consumption growth was driven by natural gas, which contributed more than 40% of the increase. All fuels grew faster than their 10-year averages, apart from renewables, although renewables still accounted for the second largest increment to energy growth.

China, the US and India together accounted for more than two thirds of the global increase in energy demand, with US consumption expanding at its fastest rate for 30 years.

Oil consumption grew by an above-average 1.4 million barrels per day (b/d), or 1.5%. China (680,000 b/d) and the US (500,000 b/d) were the largest contributors to growth.

Natural gas consumption rose by 195 billion cubic metres (bcm), or 5.3%, one of the fastest rates of growth since 1984.

Coal consumption grew by 1.4%, double its 10-year average growth.


seems at odds with what the ETPers keep telling us that demand is decreasing for energy. :?


And its interesting to see that the use of all varieties of fossil fuels continues to expand, and that means CO2 emissions continue to increase. This seems at odds with what was agreed to in the UN Paris Climate Accords. Even the consumption of coal continues to grow on a global basis.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22390
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Yoshua » Sun 16 Jun 2019, 02:40:11

This will lead to another oil price crash, since the the net energy delivered by the energy sector doesn't support enough economic activity.

In China and India auto sales are falling into depression levels. Industrial production in Europe is contracting. In the U.S heavy truck sales are down 50 percent. Global PMI is in contraction...
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat 28 May 2016, 05:45:42

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 16 Jun 2019, 19:19:13

Yoshua wrote:This will lead to another oil price crash, since the the net energy delivered by the energy sector doesn't support enough economic activity.

In China and India auto sales are falling into depression levels. Industrial production in Europe is contracting. In the U.S heavy truck sales are down 50 percent. Global PMI is in contraction...

More ETP nonsense, right on schedule. Devices are getting more efficent. So for example, more MPG for cars, more hours of computing time per KWh of electricity (on MUCH more powerful computers), LED light bulbs 8 times as efficient as incandescents, and with a good 50 times the expected life to boot.

So more economic activity per unit of energy delivered, not less.

And for energy being so "unaffordable", funny how the world used more and more of it nearly every year, and EVERY year the global economy grows.

Time for shorty to call me names like a small child, since he has no meaningful response re the data.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Yoshua » Mon 17 Jun 2019, 03:52:03

Well...we actually already had an oil price crash in November 2018 and another one in May 2019.

And another one is coming?
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat 28 May 2016, 05:45:42

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Cog » Mon 17 Jun 2019, 05:08:05

Yoshua wrote:Well...we actually already had an oil price crash in November 2018 and another one in May 2019.

And another one is coming?


Go pollute some other thread with your ETP nonsense.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12443
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: BP Statistical Review 2019

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 01:16:20

Yoshua wrote:Well...we actually already had an oil price crash in November 2018 and another one in May 2019.

And another one is coming?

The oil price is volatile. Are you so blind/biased that you can only see the down moves?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42


Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests