Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 13

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Donald Trump... best President since Andrew Jackson

Unread postby dissident » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 17:46:52

Plantagenet wrote:Trump is reversing Obama's cowardly policy of not helping the Ukrainians. The US will now start providing modern weapons to the Ukrainians so they can defend themselves against Russia-supported militias.

s-ukraine-anti-tank-weapons-russia

Yesterday the Pentagon said the US will be sending modern sniper rifles....this should help the Ukrainians deal with the Russian snipers.

This latest announcement said the US will send modern anti-tank weapons to Ukraine. Even though Russia claims they aren't helping the rebels, somehow the rebels keep winding up with old Russian tanks.

The US anti-tank weapons will do for them.

Ukrainian military displays Russian military equipment captured from the "rebels" in eastern Ukraine.

Oh my, Russia can't supply the ethnic Russians in the Donbass with weapons, but NATO can supply anyone it wants with weapons at any time.

I applaud Russia for backing the citizens of the Donbass in the face of war criminal aggression from the Kiev coup regime. It is continuing to randomly shell the main population centers of the Donbass to this day. But NATO f*ckers bitch about Russian equipment.

You hypocrites don't have a shred of consistency in your "moral policy" so you are an utter joke. You can keep on repeating to yourselves that you are the Godly righteous, but only you can believe this obvious BS.

BTW, Putin has made it clear that any large scale assault on the Donbass will lead to Russian forces actually intervening. For real and not rabid Kiev propaganda fantasy. The message is clear: your puppets in Kiev will never get control of the Donbass.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Re: Russia/Ukraine Crisis Pt. 13

Unread postby dissident » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 17:55:48

Tanada wrote:It takes a massive level of mental gymnastics to see the Ukraine as the poor downtrodden victims here when the people running the country basically held a coup de tet to replace the democratically elected government with themselves.

Now after a year of relative peace between the revolutionary leaders of Ukraine and Russia someone in the deep state has convinced President Trump to stir the pot some more. Hopefully Putin doesn't take the bait and things will stay quiet on the eastern front.

Ukraine had some of the largest military factories (including tank production) of the USSR. Yet it can't even produce tanks and there is talk about running out of bullets for machine guns. Clearly, the full story is not being told. Those factories in Kharkov were not demolished during the 1990s. They are still there, but the workers have basically boycotted production and Kiev can't find enough replacements. So only tank maintenance is done in Kharkov. Meanwhile Donetsk and Lugansk have ammunition factories that are actually functional.

One of the main reasons Kiev has failed to capture the Donbass is that most Ukrainians don't have the desire to engage in punitive military operations in the east and most of the population in the east has no intention of submitting to the Banderites in Kiev. The Donbass people are fighting for their homes and have much more motivation and morale than Kiev's punitive battalions. Kiev propagandists have revised this reality by claiming that its forces are fighting the Russian army. Without a single shred of evidence to back up this idiotic claim. Russian forces would mop the floor with Kiev's forces and there would be oodles of video to show it.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 23 Dec 2017, 19:44:23

Trump's decision to provide defensive weapons to the Ukrainians to counteract the Russian-backed insurgents who have seized the Donbass region pretty much destroys the contentions of Ds in the US that Trump is Putin's puppet.

Looks like the Ds were wrong--- Trump isn't Putin's puppet after all.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Oliver Stone’s “Ukraine On Fire” Documentary Released In The

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 17:24:09

Oliver Stone’s seminal documentary Ukraine on Fire has finally been made available to watch in the West. Investigative journalist Robert Parry reveals how US-funded political NGOs and media companies have emerged since the 1980s, replacing the CIA in promoting America’s geopolitical agenda abroad. As Russia-Insider details, Ukraine on Fire provides a historical perspective for the deep divisions in the region which led to the 2004 Orange Revolution, the 2014 uprisings, and the violent overthrow of democratically-elected Yanukovych. Covered by Western media as a 'popular revolution', it was in fact a coup d'état scripted and staged by ultra-nationalist groups and the US State Department. Executive producer Oliver Stone gained unprecedented access to the inside story through his on-camera interviews with former President Viktor Yanukovych and Minister of Internal Affairs Vitaliy Zakharchenko, who explain how the US Ambassador and factions in Washington actively plotted for regime change. And, in his

Oliver Stone’s “Ukraine On Fire” Documentary Released In The West
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 21:28:50

Some of Oliver Stones conspiracy theories are way out in the realms of unlikelihood, but this one sounds like the same things a lot of folks have been saying on this board since 2014. I don't know if I should be reassured or ashamed of myself for stating things this synopsis says as well SIGH. Oliver Stone is also a big believer in the JFK multiple gunmen theories and other scenarios I don't find plausible, so either he is coming around to my world view or I am shifting into his.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 26 Jul 2018, 22:28:35

https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/video ... 074724695/

I don't know if you have to have facebook to view it, but it raises good points of discussion.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 27 Jul 2018, 07:26:03

Tanada wrote:https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/987590074724695/

I don't know if you have to have facebook to view it, but it raises good points of discussion.

It sure does. We had recently two russian biologists that stayed with us for almost a month doing taxonomy. They live in Moscow but come from a small village bordering Ukraine and Belarus. In fact they have relatives in Ukraine and they can not enter to visit them today without risk.
They brought up some of the points Putin mentioned in that video.

You know what I found most interesting about our conversations? I could not peg these guys on where they stand politically and I realized the problem was me. I was assuming they would have some polarized position. It was very interesting how they would take so many nuanced positions, one minute defending russia the next minute talking about corruption in their country, one minute being clearly patriotic. At the end of our discussions I realized how rich and nuanced their positions. So unlike US politics and culture that feels so compelled to join one tribe or the other.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Fri 27 Jul 2018, 22:08:40

Russians and other ex-Soviet people have had ideology rammed down their throats for over 70 years of communism. Putin represents a post-ideology "ideology", that is no state ideology at all. This is the best thing for Russia ever. In the name of state ideology all sorts of crimes against humanity are perpetrated. It is easy to label the "non believers" as heretics who should be burned at the stake. This cost the lives of millions during the 1920s and 1930s. The US and its national ideology of self-entitled "democracy" promotion and regime change is guilty of millions of deaths outside its borders. So it is subject to the same ideology-driven criminality as the USSR.

Americans are presented a cartoon image of Russians and Russia. The term "state run media" is thrown around as if it has any weight. The US has barely any mainstream opposition press. I am not talking about fringe internet media. Fox News is currently somewhat like an opposition press, but it is really 50/50 and in the past has always been on the same page regarding foreign affairs. Russia has a hard core pro-NATO array of newspapers and even a TV station (Dozhd). It is an intellectual insult to a Russian to paint one as being led around by the nose by state run TV. People in Russia were laughing at the state run media back during the 1960s already. In America, the public gives the so-called independent private media the benefit of the doubt. This is a big mistake since the bias of the US MSM is clear. This trust creates the sort of division you see today over Trump. People really believe all the moronic spin pushed by CNN, etc.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 28 Jul 2018, 08:57:05

dissident wrote:Russians and other ex-Soviet people have had ideology rammed down their throats for over 70 years of communism. Putin represents a post-ideology "ideology", that is no state ideology at all. This is the best thing for Russia ever. In the name of state ideology all sorts of crimes against humanity are perpetrated. It is easy to label the "non believers" as heretics who should be burned at the stake. This cost the lives of millions during the 1920s and 1930s. The US and its national ideology of self-entitled "democracy" promotion and regime change is guilty of millions of deaths outside its borders. So it is subject to the same ideology-driven criminality as the USSR.

Americans are presented a cartoon image of Russians and Russia. The term "state run media" is thrown around as if it has any weight. The US has barely any mainstream opposition press. I am not talking about fringe internet media. Fox News is currently somewhat like an opposition press, but it is really 50/50 and in the past has always been on the same page regarding foreign affairs. Russia has a hard core pro-NATO array of newspapers and even a TV station (Dozhd). It is an intellectual insult to a Russian to paint one as being led around by the nose by state run TV. People in Russia were laughing at the state run media back during the 1960s already. In America, the public gives the so-called independent private media the benefit of the doubt. This is a big mistake since the bias of the US MSM is clear. This trust creates the sort of division you see today over Trump. People really believe all the moronic spin pushed by CNN, etc.

Good post Dissident. Confirms my impressions having never been to Russia but having had contacts with Russian nationals. I have to conclude that a major difference in the USA is the lack of education of the electorate to have so much faith in media and their politicians which causes them to believe so unilaterally in their own tribe. This is deadly.

In Latin America your average citizen is politically far more savvy actually because of living for decades with incompetent public institutions. I guiess for the same reason that Russians became savvy to state run propaganda. Citizens in Latin America lost faith decades ago in the integrity and validity of their politicians.

All of this creates fertile grounds for autocrats.

I am 60 years old and jaded myself but i nevertheless have a hard time accepting that the best we can do is accept that the game is rigged by a bunch of corrupt self serving politicians and media.

I fear for America because of how clueless and superficial your average citizen is. By the way Americans like cartoons just like many tend to embrace the invisible man in the sky. It becomes so easy this way. You don't have to think.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 23:13:28

https://m.investing.com/news/economy-ne ... ?ampMode=1

But the WTO ruled that the security situation was such that Russian inspectors sent to check that Ukraine's exports complied with Russian standards would have been risking their lives, and Russia was therefore justified in not sending them to Ukraine.

Banderastan, the failed state. Thanks, Obama!
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 02 Sep 2018, 19:04:03

For those keeping an occasional eyeball on things, the DNR leader got himself blown up in Donetsk a day or so ago. Will be interesting to see who replaces him and what kind of impact it will have on the front lines of the UA fight.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 08 Sep 2018, 10:44:46

AgentR11 wrote:For those keeping an occasional eyeball on things, the DNR leader got himself blown up in Donetsk a day or so ago. Will be interesting to see who replaces him and what kind of impact it will have on the front lines of the UA fight.

Cute way of phrasing there. Banderite, Kiev-regime Ukraine is engaged in terrorism. The explosion killed 11 people, mostly innocent civilians. The US is guilty of installing the terrorists in Kiev and of supporting them.

Then it bitches about Hezbollah and Iran.

F*ck You.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 07 May 2019, 14:34:42

Ukraine’s new president Zelensky woos EU with reform pledge

Volodymyr Zelensky, the former comedian just elected as Ukraine’s president, has sent emissaries to Brussels to try to bolster his credibility and convince the EU that he will push through anti-corruption and judicial reforms.

A delegation of advisers led by Oleksandr Danylyuk, a former finance minister under outgoing president Petro Poroshenko, has held talks with European diplomats in the run-up to Mr Zelensky’s inauguration this month.

The initiative aims to reassure Kiev’s European allies of the new leader’s ability to manage extensive domestic change and deal with Russia, more than five years after Moscow invaded Crimea.

EU support would be “crucial”, Mr Danylyuk told the Financial Times. “The hope of the new president is that we will build a strong team to push full speed with reforms,” Mr Danylyuk said. “The priorities are absolutely clear: the fight against corruption, rule of law and economic reforms.”

The Ukrainian delegation in Brussels met EU member states’ main foreign policy committee.

Mr Zelensky was unknown in political circles until he ran for president and said little about his specific policies during the campaign. Mr Danylyuk acknowledged that EU countries were “very curious” to know more about the incoming president’s plans after his landslide victory over Mr Poroshenko last month.

“Out of 28 countries, 20 asked very detailed questions, which shows they are involved, they want to understand and they want to help,” Mr Danylyuk said.

EU diplomats also spoke positively of the meeting. “They had a very good, reform-oriented agenda. It gives me some hope,” one said.

Mr Zelensky has so far declined to reveal who he will appoint to top positions in his presidential office, the army, state security services and the prosecutor’s office.

Western diplomats say confidence would be boosted should he name Mr Danylyuk and other reformers with experience, instead of individuals considered to be close to controversial oligarch Igor Kolomoisky, whose television channel provided strong support during Mr Zelensky’s election campaign.

An early test for Mr Zelensky’s domestic reform credentials will be his handling of PrivatBank, a commercial lender nationalised from Mr Kolomoisky and partners in 2016 after officials identified a $5.5bn balance sheet hole. Government efforts to recover losses through asset recovery litigation against Mr Kolomoisky and his associates are key conditions for further multi-billion-dollar assistance from the IMF and western backers.

Mr Kolomoisky denies any wrongdoing, claims the bank was wrongfully expropriated from him and has through litigation sought to reverse the move while seeking reimbursement for damages.

Citing a Friday phone call with IMF chief Christine Lagarde about the legal battle over PrivatBank, Mr Poroshenko’s office said both expressed serious concerns that “denationalisation of PrivatBank . . . may endanger the financial stability of the state”.

Ms Lagarde, in a statement summing up the talks, said: “It is crucial to safeguard the important progress made during the president’s tenure in advancing key reforms, and especially to ensure the independence of the central bank and maintain the stability of the banking system.”

Mr Danylyuk said the new administration wanted the PrivatBank case “properly addressed”, without giving details.

He added that Mr Zelensky was committed to exiting all his business interests to avoid any prospect of real or perceived conflicts of interest.

Mr Kolomoisky’s TV channel has aired Mr Zelensky’s comedy performances and television shows. The two men also share the services of the same lawyer, Andriy Bogdan, who has expressed readiness to serve in a top position under a Zelensky presidency.

On foreign policy, Mr Zelensky has pledged to keep Kiev firmly on a path towards EU integration and Nato membership. He has taken a defiant stance towards Russia after President Vladimir Putin suggested both countries should unite into a single state, given their close cultural ties.

Mr Zelensky retorted last week that Moscow’s territorial grabs, economic pressure and “illegal detainment of Ukrainians in captivity” meant relations between the two countries “most certainly can’t be called ‘brotherly’.”

“After the annexation of Crimea and aggression in [the eastern Ukraine region of] Donbas, the only thing we have left “in common” is the state border,” he said. “Russia must return the control of every inch of the Ukrainian side.”

FT Article
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dissident » Wed 08 May 2019, 19:39:59

According to the NATO fake stream media, Banderastan was already reformed into pro-west perfection. Now we have yet again, need for more reform. I guess El Corrupto, aka Poroshenko, didn't transfer enough assets for zero cost to his NATO masters. The grovelling stooge of gangster oligarch Kolomoisky is there to finish the job of selling Ukraine down the river.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 09 May 2019, 23:51:03

dissident wrote:According to the NATO fake stream media, Banderastan was already reformed into pro-west perfection. Now we have yet again, need for more reform. I guess El Corrupto, aka Poroshenko, didn't transfer enough assets for zero cost to his NATO masters. The grovelling stooge of gangster oligarch Kolomoisky is there to finish the job of selling Ukraine down the river.

You mean "Porky".
But is there anything left to sell (that anyone wants)?
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Tue 14 May 2019, 11:18:00

I think the Ukraine is very interesting, for its position in the situation regarding the long-term movement of US troops in the Middle East and toward the oil producing regions of Russia. Right now, there is a lot of tension between the US and Iran. Iran has been the Russian proxy in the Middle East for some time. If the US takes steps to intervene directly inside of Iran, as such, I don't believe that the Russians would step in. They may not wish to legitimize that development in Iran by acting as they have in Syria. It could be that would lead to a situation too rich with chances for direct confrontation with the US. The last thing they want is to give the aforementioned populace of the US a rallying point around which to coalesce and operate on a war footing. I think, instead, the Russians would find a new way to expand their presence in the Ukraine. Solidifying that is probably the best way to keep US troops from expanding beyond the Middle East, northward, into the Russian oil producing regions. The best thing they can probably hope for is a hard border with the US along their own border.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Europe Discussion