Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Radiation / Radioactive Thread Pt. 2

Re: THE Radiation / Radioactive Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby aldente » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 02:50:40

Vox Mundis map is completely nuisensical - as if the Ural mountains could be placed in the middle of Siberia ... he should be convicted to "forced labor" in Canada and learn to "read" maps before "posting" maps
aldente
permanently banned

Unread postby aldente » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 02:56:33

aldente
permanently banned

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 28 Feb 2020, 22:31:55

Watch this as many times as necessary for you to understand what it means.

https://youtu.be/HB22cREdBqw
YouTube
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dissident » Sat 29 Feb 2020, 16:43:25

Tanada wrote:Watch this as many times as necessary for you to understand what it means.

https://youtu.be/HB22cREdBqw
YouTube

The complete defamation of nuclear power in the west is something that could not have originated naturally. Basically nobody in the west aside from the Cold War era veterans was exposed to nuclear radiation from testing done in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The hate is all based on cheeseball shlock movies, the no safe dose lies, and fear of nuclear war. In other words, propaganda. I would not be surprised if some oil industry money was not involved in defaming nuclear power. It had the potential to substantially eat into oil consumption and that would be a no no. We know that the US and Canadian electrified urban rail networks and trolley bus systems were deliberately destroyed in an actual conspiracy to push diesel buses. This benefited big oil together with GM and friends. The same meddling was likely staged to poison public perceptions of nuclear power.

Chernobyl was not responsible for this.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby diemos » Sat 29 Feb 2020, 21:21:36

I've been watching the Fukushima situation unfold for the past 9 years and my reaction to the aftereffects can be adequately summed up as, "There now ... that wasn't so bad, was it?"

Where are the giant muto chicken babies crawling through the streets of Tokyo croaking, "Kill me ... kill me."?

Where are the corpses stacked like cordwood?

Why is pacific seafood still cheap and available in my local grocery? I thought the pacific was supposed to be dead.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jedrider » Sat 29 Feb 2020, 22:31:07

diemos wrote:I've been watching the Fukushima situation unfold for the past 9 years and my reaction to the aftereffects can be adequately summed up as, "There now ... that wasn't so bad, was it?"

Where are the giant muto chicken babies crawling through the streets of Tokyo croaking, "Kill me ... kill me."?

Why is pacific seafood still cheap and available in my local grocery? I thought the pacific was supposed to be dead.

There are still approximately 450 nuclear reactors left in the world. Are you sure it is Pacific seafood and not 'seafood' from a coastal farm that you're eating?
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby diemos » Sun 01 Mar 2020, 11:14:27

jedrider wrote:
diemos wrote:I've been watching the Fukushima situation unfold for the past 9 years and my reaction to the aftereffects can be adequately summed up as, "There now ... that wasn't so bad, was it?"

There are still approximately 450 nuclear reactors left in the world. Are you sure it is Pacific seafood and not 'seafood' from a coastal farm that you're eating?

Is FUD the best you can do?
https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/alaska/c ... gs-reports
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 01 Mar 2020, 11:45:06

Why is pacific seafood still cheap and available in my local grocery?

Because there is still enough stupid people remaining to eat it. Your chances of developing cancer are directly proportional to your life time radiation exposure. A mouthful of Fukushima irradiated tuna is not likely to increase your odds. The northern Pacific has now been so polluted with radioactive waste the only thing it will be growing in the future will be three eyed fish, and mold. Those radioactive waste accumulates in the food chain. The photo plankton of the northern Pacific has already fallen to almost nothing. You may already be dying from it; a liver cancer doesn't come with a label on it, "developed from a hot particle complements Fukushima "!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Cog » Sun 01 Mar 2020, 12:35:08

shortonoil wrote:
Why is pacific seafood still cheap and available in my local grocery?

Because there is still enough stupid people remaining to eat it. Your chances of developing cancer are directly proportional to your life time radiation exposure. A mouthful of Fukushima irradiated tuna is not likely to increase your odds. The northern Pacific has now been so polluted with radioactive waste the only thing it will be growing in the future will be three eyed fish, and mold. Those radioactive waste accumulates in the food chain. The photo plankton of the northern Pacific has already fallen to almost nothing. You may already be dying from it; a liver cancer doesn't come with a label on it, "developed from a hot particle complements Fukushima "!

I see your knowledge of radiation and dilution affects is limited. Sad to be you. Even sadder to welch on a bet but you do you.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Sun 01 Mar 2020, 15:22:59

Anyone who claims the anti-nuclear hysteria in the west is rational is a moron or a malicious actor. France is being pressured by German green nutjobs that have forced the closure of nuclear power plants using the non-relevant Fukushima as a pretext, to also shut down its nuclear plants. These "green" nutjobs have resulted in Germany burning more coal which directly affects human mortality and not just CO2 emissions. I hope France does not bend to these freaks and proceeds to revamp its nuclear power plants with new generation designs.

Never take anyone spouting in public how they believe this and that. They have to prove it by their actions. And the self-anointed "greens" are moronic Luddites who would rather see the planet burn than have nuclear power do its job. Such rabid activists should be chucked on the pyre they light themselves.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby diemos » Sun 01 Mar 2020, 15:44:31

shortonoil wrote:Because there is still enough stupid people remaining to eat it. Your chances of developing cancer are directly proportional to your life time radiation exposure.

Lie. Many things cause cancer, radiation is just one of them. 5.5% per Sv excess mortality is the usual number quoted from the LNT model on top of the already 30% rate from all causes.

shortonoil wrote:A mouthful of Fukushima irradiated tuna is not likely to increase your odds. The northern Pacific has now been so polluted with radioactive waste the only thing it will be growing in the future will be three eyed fish, and mold.

Lie. The Cs-137 levels have been measured and they're smaller than they were during the atomic bomb testing era of the 60's. They've been going down ever since then with a tiny blip from Fukushima. The ocean did not die.

shortonoil wrote:Those radioactive waste accumulates in the food chain. The photo plankton of the northern Pacific has already fallen to almost nothing.

What accumulates in the food chain is Mercury which comes from burning coal. The body processes cesium through the same metabolic pathways as potassium so the Cs-137/K ratio will be the same in the fish as in the plankton as in the water. (I won't call this a flat out lie as bio-accumulation is complicated and depends on what element we're talking about.)

shortonoil wrote:You may already be dying from it; a liver cancer doesn't come with a label on it, "developed from a hot particle complements Fukushima "!

I am certain that I will die ... sooner or later ... of something or other. If it's cancer it won't come with a label that says, "the nitrates in your bacon" or "the red dye #2 in your M&Ms" or "the plane flight you took" or "a cosmic ray that passed through you" or "the chromium they dumped in your water supply". And so, whenever anyone gets cancer you're free to blame your favorite boogey-man for it and no one will be able to prove you wrong.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate