Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Mosque shooting in ChristChurch New Zealand

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Mosque shooting in ChristChurch New Zealand

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 20 Mar 2019, 18:01:13

If you listen carefully to the sound on the video, between when he starts shooting & enters the prayer hall, (about 15 seconds), there's the sound of a window smashing in the background. This was a father with his 7 year old son, who smashed his way out & appears now to have become the only 2 in the prayer hall to survive. The reflexes involved are phenomenal.

Sites hosting the video are under mass attack now with 5 eyes consensus the video be destroyed wherever it exists. Way too late. Within 2 hours of it happening it was being shared far & wide, publicly & privately.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby careinke » Wed 20 Mar 2019, 22:43:46

SeaGypsy wrote:If you listen carefully to the sound on the video, between when he starts shooting & enters the prayer hall, (about 15 seconds), there's the sound of a window smashing in the background. This was a father with his 7 year old son, who smashed his way out & appears now to have become the only 2 in the prayer hall to survive. The reflexes involved are phenomenal.

Sites hosting the video are under mass attack now with 5 eyes consensus the video be destroyed wherever it exists. Way too late. Within 2 hours of it happening it was being shared far & wide, publicly & privately.

Hmmm.... Maybe COG's going to get a knock on his door. Hopefully he will be around to tell us.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 01:21:56

Giving the response time of New Zealand police, it will probably be a long wait. ;)

But in other news, the communist NZ PM has announced far reaching bans on semi automatics in NZ. So let me get this straight. A foreigner(Australian) Shoots up a mosque ( other foreigners) and the response is to ban guns from NZ subjects who committed no crimes. Sounds legit.

Registration leads to confiscation.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 08:36:58

By that logic maybe the shooters was right. A shooting in NZ will spur the USA to ban guns.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 13:31:09

Newfie wrote:By that logic maybe the shooters was right. A shooting in NZ will spur the USA to ban guns.

The difference is we are citizens not subjects. Want to confiscate guns in the USA, go ahead and see what happens.

The US fought for our freedom from Great Britain, it wasn't given to us as in the case of New Zealand.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 14:10:03

Newfie wrote:By that logic maybe the shooters was right. A shooting in NZ will spur the USA to ban guns.

I would say that the shooting in New Zealand is contributing to the debate on gun control in Canada.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cog » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 14:41:30

What is there to debate about? You don't stop a bad guy with laws, you shoot him in the head. Why is this concept so hard to understand?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 16:44:44

I would say that the shooting in New Zealand is contributing to the debate on gun control in Canada.

ownership and use of side arms or "hand guns" in Canada is already heavily regulated. To purchase any weapon (from a .22 rifle to a 20 gauge shotgun) you need to have a Firearms Acquisition Certificate. There was a point where the gov't had put in place a long gun registry but that was subsequently removed by the gov't as it is basically a ridiculous law in a country with so many farmers/ranchers/hunters etc. So what exactly is the problem then?
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 20:02:17

rockdoc123 wrote:So what exactly is the problem then?

The problem is that we have a growing urban population who have no experience with guns, are living where there is little opportunity to use any type of gun (legally) and don't understand why anyone should have a semi-automatic rifle. As you mentioned, the rules governing ownership of handguns are quite rigid in Canada, especially for people living in urban areas and yet we get politicians recommending that handguns be completely banned. Given the low rate of legal handgun ownership, I would have to believe that most crimes involving a handgun were done with a handgun that had been smuggled into the country. I did see one article that suggested that any handgun recovered by the police on which the serial number had been erased was assumed to have originally been owned legally. If that is true I would regard it as an attempt to exaggerate the number of crimes committed with what had been legally owned guns.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 21:17:20

Look at this graphic about how felons acquired their guns.
Theft or burgulary 9%
Drug dealer 15%
Fence/black market 9%
Family/friend 35%
Borrowed or given 3%

Assuming that this fellows “friends and family” are of similar stellar civic background 71% of guns used by convicted felons are acquired in an illegal fashion.

Thus it strikes me that the problem is not that we have too few laws but that we don’t enforce the laws we have. So think about that, the government has demonstrated it can’t keep guns out of criminal hands, that they are ineffective. But they want you the average law abiding citizen to give up your own personal gun. I’m reaching for the logic in that argument but not finding it.

ECDCF72A-4609-4A50-BE45-09E84882FAC2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Thu 21 Mar 2019, 21:26:12

Here is the link to contact the New Zealand police to turn in your guns:

https://forms.police.govt.nz/forms/firearms-hand-in

Now men, this is serious business because we want to make New Zealand safe. Do not do the following:

Do not look up NZ donut shops and list their phone numbers as your contact number
Do not list B-52 bombers as the gun you want to turn in
Do not pretend to be a random New Zealander with 1000 guns and list them all
Do not look up members of the NZ parliament and use their names
Do not sit at your computer all day and make 50 submissions of fake guns
Do not attempt to load a 150 MB file in the text box that asks you to list your guns

We need to work together to get these weapons of war off the streets. Just cooperate with the New Zealand authorities and we can all be safe.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 22 Mar 2019, 04:34:01

Ever hear a government official or politician say "No one wants to take your guns". Well boys and girls, actually they want to do that very thing. I wonder if the New Zealand Prime Minister will be giving up her personal armed security now that everyone is safe?

But she did don a hijab to show her solidarity with the Muslim community so she has that going for her.

Every Democrat politician running for president has endorsed banning the same guns that New Zealand just banned. Beto opinioned that the government might allow you to keep what you have and was roundly criticized for that concession. Mighty white of him.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 24 Mar 2019, 17:27:03

Semi-auto rifles with big clips do make mass murder possible. Unfortunately there are other methods that are more readily available and could never be banned. Won't list and let y'all figure out on your own.

Centuries of history have proven it's impossible to ban evil.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Mar 2019, 21:15:53

How many people got ran over and killed in Europe with a box truck? 80 or,so wasn't it?

Yes Nice France 86 dead, hundreds injured.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Australia & New Zealand Discussion